• Formernuke
    commented on 's reply
    They are so cute, when that size.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Little rascals looking for trouble

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    What a beauty bless her kitty soul. I'm so sorry alltatup it's so hard when our pets leave us, they are our family. Take care she loved you and knew you loved her to the moon.

• DreamofGreen
    replied
    my little buddies

Leave a comment:

• Formernuke
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for the loss of a 4 legged child.

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    So sorry alltatup. What a beautiful calico, such a pretty face. Had a calico that looked very similar. Called her Crazy Mary ..i still miss that miserable cat. And i have found that after we loose a cat, within a couple of weeks, another shows up at the doorstep. They know a good thing when they see it. lol Somebody will show up soon just looking for luv...

• duckman
    commented on 's reply
    so sorry to hear about Sophie, atu...it sounds like you gave her a beautiful and peaceful end to her journey in this world...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Gingerbeard Your secret is safe with me.

RagWeedDWC YYCannabis quirk It was a very difficult experience, but difficulty isn't necessarily bad; this was the first time that I was letting the process of dying happen naturally at home. The last few times I've taken pets to be euthanized in the vet's office, I've regretted it deeply: what a stressful, uncomfortable, alienating way to die, in a place that stinks, surrounded by strangers.

So I'm not doing that anymore unless there's extreme suffering going on. Sophie was not in any kind of severe pain, and continued to eat a little broth and sip a little water until the end. I knew the end was close: she got a far-away look in her eyes, like my father did before he died a few hours later, and I just supported her. And stroked her, told her she was doing great, whever she was ready...

I came home from school yesterday and she was gone. She went somewhere that is the forest of my backyard, curled up, and began to ascend, as her energy-as-spirit began to ascend, and her body-as-earth began in ernest the process of breaking down into food, nourishment, earth. I looked all around where I could, but she was nestled somewhere in the deep forest.

• quirk
    commented on 's reply
    She's a beaut. I hate it when that happens.

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Very sorry for your loss, I know what it is like to lose an unconditional love. All though I'm more of a big dog kind of person, cats always amazed me. You earn their love, unlike dogs, who trust you first and quickly figure you out. You can tell from the picture she may be sassy but she was home.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    aaww geeez… just don't tell anyone ATU.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that ATU. Losing a loved one is never easy, even the 4-footed loved ones.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Gingerbeard : she had a lot of ginger in her, she was an excellent cat. Gentle, peaceful, never looking to dominate or for a fight with anyone. She was mellow. You are now an honorary cat lover (that don't mean you have to go adopt one).
    Last edited by alltatup; 11-20-2019, 04:32 PM.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about that. Any cat good enough for you is good enough for me.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X