Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work history

What kind of work did/do you all do?

I did architectural drafting and design. My programs were AutoCAD, Revit, and 3ds Max. I taught and tutored AutoCAD, and was a teacher's assistant in the other two. And did 3D modeling and minor animations.
    I've had to 'retire' way early in life because of minor but ongoing medical issues.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Disabled vet here.

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your service Formernuke.

I'm an Oil Tycoon.
    Well, maybe not but I do sell Fossil Fuels for a living.

Comment

Retired Federal Government employee here.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Soon to be a retired federal government employee healthcare.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I was in IT. Everything from desktop to server, though my last job i was technically a government employee as well lol. Did IT for a state funded medical training hospital. It broke my soul, but only slightly...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep if care too much about what you do and listen to all the "Kool-Aid" drinkers it sure will. I've thrown my hat in and not lookin back.

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty much it was just year after year of low pay and too much work along with a manager who would promise anything to the higher ups, even if it wasn't possible. That and people who kept asking me to install their mouse and keyboard when i had 20 other things to do that day.

Oilfield geology work, lol
          Bass fishing, huntin guide,
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Apartment complex manager
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              lol priceless!

Dental Floss Tycoon.

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              Frank Zappa? is that you?

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              After my failed carrier as a Dental Floss Tycoon, I ended up a retired Telephone Man.
              Last edited by kingfish; 10-22-2019, 07:26 PM.

23 years and counting in IT.
            No soul left 😁 for them to break
            mostly, love my job

One of my first gigs, involved getting a guy set up and working with 3D Max and their hardware license dongle (their support was a nightmare, ended up resolving the issue by rummaging in usergroups)

Comment

Server at Village Inn. Looking to get into commercial growing cause I live in Colorado but I would like to get everything down first. Got big plans and the motivation to get it done but I have to wait a couple more years still. Figured I would start early and slowly upscale and when the time comes I will be ready. Until then it's slave labor for me with a hobby my dogs and I enjoy.

Comment

Most of my carrier, I was an Overhead crane tech, I spent many hours in the seat of a pickup truck heading for the next job site. Overtime plenty up to 120 yours a week,, a new temp ask if he could go to full time so he would have less hours,,, I built, repaired, inspected, installed overhead bridge cranes. I am also always the head asshole in charge, just ask anyone that worked under/with/around me,,,
                I also got hurt in 94 (back injury), and went to school for PCs, and then to TV Guide where I worked the servers that do their scrolly channel. This was a fun job, and I held a compac cert that allowed me to do warranty service on the new compc PCs we used (2000 on). I maintained around 5000 PCs of various breeds. I always told them they would have to run me off with a big stick, when the lady came in to tell us the bad news (with pink slips), the others told her I new it was coming. She ask me how long I new "4 years" is what I told her and the others nodded yes. When in a big corp setting they post online what the future holds, Tulsa was not in their long term plans,,, say byby!
                So I went back to the overhead cranes at top current pay, had a bad crash and took the disability I should have in 95,,,,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My nephew is a big crane operator also.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, I am not qualified to operate any crane, but I can fix the hell out of it!
                  My time at TVG was not stressful, maybe because I take over!

• Weeduu
                  Weeduu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dad's friend was a crane operator too before he retired. Mine was just setting up the load and securing it on the truck rack

I’ve been in the culinary field for the last 25 years, 10 years as a cook and the last 15 running kitchens. TV makes it seem glamorous and some would say it’s slave labor....my experience is a bit of both, as with everything in life, it’s all about the effort you put in.
                Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can relate to culinary businesses - worked in beer parlors in my early 20's - had lots of fun, live rock band every weekend.

Full time social parasite of the rentier class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z8SpgmF0sA

Comment

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Formerly a broadcast engineer ensuring the delivery of propaganda for the MACHINE!

Money for college:
                Shark bait for a Scripps Institute study
                Land diving in
                Pentecost Island, Vanuatu

Chippendale understudy (How could I not be?)
                Toilet paper roller. Ever get a toilet paper cut? That last one was pretty good.
                Toothpick whittler/vendor.
                Waif.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In my late teens early 20s I worked for a meat cutting plant yes sirs I did !! I did the chickens in, they tried to train me in "larger cuts of animals" but I could not "grasp" properly I was rather small boned but strong as heck. So they kept me boning chickens until I met my spouse and he coerced me into leaving with him to the great PNW where I learned healthcare ain't sayin anymore about that.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  LurkingInTheGrass commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Queue the Chippendales music

© Walt Disney Television AnimationUsed under Creative Commons for Education

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X