Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeduu
    commented on 's reply
    Dad's friend was a crane operator too before he retired. Mine was just setting up the load and securing it on the truck rack

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Your secret is safe LOL

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Piano player at the "Best little whore house in Texas". Please do not tell the wife, she thinks I'm a retired CIO.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Been a guitarist for over 50 yrs and some of the 1940, 1950 and 1960 stuff is huge money. Over the years with constant exposure, you get to pick up a lot of different instruments so I play quite a few but the guitar is my primary

• GreenState
    replied
    Self employed contractor last 20 years or so. During my productive years(he,he) I was a field engineer. Responsible for the layout of the concrete and steel structure of ocean front condo buildings from the pilings to the top of the elevator shafts (g). Actually found a video of one I did back in 1988 (lol). Took one year to get the structure topped out.
    One Ocean Place is an oceanfront complex located in Garden City Beach. All units include private oceanfront balconies, fully-equipped kitchens, spacious livi...

Edit-a couple pics of that same building..starting with the pilings And my smiling assistant surfing George (lol)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenState; 10-21-2019, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a musician too, but all i play is the stereo, no instruments.
    What instruments do you play,
    Farmall ?
    Most of my buds are guitar slingers, an some pianos. And some are damn good too, their guitars, cost way more than my car.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-21-2019, 08:43 AM.

• Farmall
    replied
    A Musician..with optimism..... why optimism? We have a mortgage!

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Side job...….bud stripper barber of weed.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Professor. I profess, but nobody listens...

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Oh yeah, the army. Almost forgot about that. 2 years, 22 weeks. In basic training during Desert Shield/Storm. For college money and to quit being such an asshole.
    My MOS was 88M10: Motor Transport Operator. Driver. I was assigned to a supply company that didn't need a driver so I was the building Repair and Utilization Technician. A maintenance guy. I was a Combat Lifesaver. A step below Combat Medic. And I was Air Assault qualified.
    My main duty was as a chauffeur for the 101st Airborne Division DISCOM Command Sergeant Major and sometimes the Commander. My vehicle was a piece of American pride: a HUMVEE. I sat on my ass in an office until someone wanted to go somewhere. When there was a 2 week camping trip, I spent every night in my bed in the barracks. Made a little money on the side by bringing my fellow hero's breakfast from BK. I did some occasional 'driver training' where and other driver and I would head out to find mud and rocks to further hone... just because, honestly. The worst part was battalion runs where the other driver and I had to carry the guidon at the front of the formation. The other guy was a runner. I was not. Not before the army. Not during. Not since. I carried the guidon first, just until I had to drop out because the smell of bacon and eggs from the mess halls made me sick after the previous night's drinking. And I drank a whole bunch. The military turns out many mean, green, fighting, alcoholic, machines

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Carpenter/Millworker here, taking twisted/bowed wood and making it flat, straight and the right size/quality..then all the mouldings and knives. Fun work a lot of the time, get to play with wood all day.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Queue the Chippendales music

© Walt Disney Television AnimationUsed under Creative Commons for Education

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Almost too many to count. Seems I get bored and need a new challenge.
    labourer, farm hand, framer, heavy equipment operator, truck driver incl. being o/o ( almost any type of truck or combination), Shipper/receiver for a large Window and Door company, worked on the oil rigs and in the patch in Northern Canada including the high arctic), Foreman and lower management with several trucking companies, real estate sales 14 years. Currently back to trucks and operating a tandem/quad-wagon gravel truck. Future could be semi retired renting out cabins on a property in British Columbia...and growing pot of course.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    In my late teens early 20s I worked for a meat cutting plant yes sirs I did !! I did the chickens in, they tried to train me in "larger cuts of animals" but I could not "grasp" properly I was rather small boned but strong as heck. So they kept me boning chickens until I met my spouse and he coerced me into leaving with him to the great PNW where I learned healthcare ain't sayin anymore about that.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    LOL, I am not qualified to operate any crane, but I can fix the hell out of it!
    My time at TVG was not stressful, maybe because I take over!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X