No announcement yet.

s62’s Grow #2 - Auto Mania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking bud, bud ! I find I need to wait more time for a harvest. The transition to milky into amber seems to be taking longer and I never found out why. Since it photosynthesis based, I wonder if indoor lighting profiles are causing that to occur versus your REMARKABLE outdoor cultivation

Comment

Farmall, I had not seen a reference before to the change to amber being "photosynthesis based"...this intrigues me...could I ask you for more info please? and thanks!

Comment

Not Really....but I’ll give it a go.

As we know, the germinated seed is responding to the light it receives as the embryonic leaves push forward. It is the stimulation of chemical processes with the cell structure which is activated by the photosynthesis. To show the efficacy of light sources, we know cfl’s of high spectral color will produce a specific type of plant growth as will T5, HPS, CMH, LED. Those specific growth levels are achieved via the light power intensity making photosynthetic changes within the cells making the conversions with cells and create growth via additional cells and expanded cells. Regardless of the source lighting, the photo process continues and the resulting plants come from the strength of growth initiated by the particular light source. The photosynthesis is allowing the plant to follow a long it’s genetic pathway to reproduce and close its life cycle upon completion.as much as a leaf develops its size, buds develop their cluster of flowers and trichomes all as planned genetically using the photosynthesis processes. The degradation of trichomes comes from the additional exposure to photosynthesis processes in the continued growth from the main source of food....photosynthesis . CBN, THC and multitudes of compounds are the result of the growth process provided by the photosynthetic work with the cells. This of course is dependent on warmth, water and nutrients to foster that process along each step. As a means to an end, the light process works commensurately throughout the entire life cycle of the plant. Because we may think of amber trichomes as “past their peak” it is still a step in the growth (aging) process in the life cycle and not a dying level for the plant.

whew, I can’t think that hard for too long💩🧹
        Last edited by Farmall; 10-10-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I refuse to learn that lesson! One trip or bust!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree Farmall thanks for the write up, lots happens during it's cycle we all learn from each grow the different changes during maturation of the plant. I dig it !

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, Farmall, much appreciated! I understand now where you're coming from...

Day 44 Update
        Click image for larger version

Name:	E42CD338-1D48-4FE1-9098-380F6500DDAD.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	343101

Time for an update! I am, for the most part, done training. To be honest, that bums me out a little, because training has been fun. But now I think just need to let the plants grow.
        I’m still seeing one or two tiny insects moseying about on my WW, but I’m trying not to worry about them anymore. Multiple folks think they’re predatory, although I’m not sure what they’d be eating. Not seeing any signs of an underlying infestation. I am getting a few random cases of mild leaf damage (see pic below), but it doesn’t seem like enough to worry about.

Name:	573C1F96-4D96-4D3E-98B4-FB5DF11F71F9.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	343100

Still spraying regularly with PureCrop1. Plan on doing so up through harvest, though I may lay off the last week or two. It doesn’t leave any residue behind, and it’s safe through the end of harvest. Evidently you can even use it as a post-harvest rinse. Of course it may be safe because it’s inert lol; it didn’t seem to kill the insects that I’ve been seeing. At $40 for a small bottle, I hope I’m wrong!

Let’s get a closer look at the ladies.

White Widow XXL:

Name:	A531F77C-1C2C-4C8D-B159-8577F7EFE58D.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	343099

The WW is looking pretty good! Despite having a few creepy crawlers, it seems like the healthiest, biggest plant. It’s structure is thick and strong. Is it looking on track for 44 days, or small? I know it’s hard to tell with the training maybe, but I’m curious what you more experienced growers think.

Six-Shooter:

Name:	8DE3BBD1-DFD9-4411-9DFB-CA3108D19E4F.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	343098

The Six-Shooter is the furthest along in growth. It’s always been a node or so further ahead than the others. It was my largest plant for awhile, but I think it’s now slightly smaller than the WW. What’s weird is that it’s producing this super skinny fan leaves that are pretty small overall. If you go back and look at earlier pictures, the leaves were fatter and bigger. But since defoliation, they’ve all been small. Go figure!

Cystal M.E.T.H. (aka Crazy Crystal):

Name:	7538B2ED-3EBE-40AE-BEF9-86572C01EB5D.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	343097

Everyone’s favorite mutant underdog keeps ticking! She’s actually starting to look really pretty, what with the purple buds and incoming trichomes. I’m happy with how her training played out. The main cola will likely overtake the rest, but they’re all pretty darn close in height.

Name:	B0DAFB16-8C7B-4B5B-9D26-69CC1AA6FD8E.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	343095

Name:	1B31521B-9183-41B8-A33A-846274BFE530.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	343096

I haven’t been defoliating her, due to concerns about her already being stunted and weird. However, the inside is bushy and dense, and I worry about mold/WPM. I’ll probably do some careful trimming of her soon.

GSC:

Name:	128BDA57-98F5-4B75-9776-C9CD52157077.jpeg
Views:	379
Size:	488.9 KB
ID:	343094

Finally, the GSC, lagging behind around a week. It’s on day 36. It’s been topped, and lower fan leaves touching soil removed, but that’s it. I won’t be doing any LST or further defoliation (except to improve airflow occasionally). I just want to see what it’ll do on its own.

And that’s pretty much a wrap! If you experienced growers could help me out: do you think my plants look on target, or are they small? Thanks for stopping in!

Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          think they look really good!...and crystal sure is purdy with those purple buds/leaves. Im glad you saved her.....

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite, thank you! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear/know. It’s hard for me to imagine these getting very big because I’m just not used to the fact that they flower so small and young. I will be patient!
          Homegrown, thanks! I’m kinda glad I saved Crystal too. Whatever her yield, she’ll be a pretty smoke. And she smells DELICIOUS. Like Fruity Pebbles or something. Quite unique and fruity.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your plants are looking very nice, and so does your clean tent.

Keep up the good work.
          s62

Doing real good with first time autos. They sure are a mini photo though ehh? No i'm not Canadian just use the ehhh term a lot. LOL. You probley noticed s62 how quickly these firm up stems get real stiff quickly when they are healthy not much time to train like a photo. But I don't do a lot on them just 1x top then bend it over tie down her arms. That's just me i'm not experience like a lot of folks here who do wonders with autos. I get about 2oz a plant so far but as we get more grows under our belt and learn about the genetics and strains i'm thinking we may just grow a 4ft er one day outside
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re right! After growing photos for my first grow, this feels like a mini version, lol. Just hope the yield isn’t mini!

They look nice S62 my photos are routinely double the yield autos.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh gee! I forgot ! (But it’s true!!). I think it’s because I can really assault the photos with defoliation and veg period.. I am always thinking that I’m stripping the non reproducing solar panels that feed the plant on the autos, never to be seen again
          Last edited by Farmall; 10-19-2019, 07:12 AM.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck yeah, Farmall. It’s nerve wrecking defoliating these girls. I’m such a wimp without infinite veg time to reassure me lol.
          Also, what are your average yields from photo vs auto? I only grew 2 ounces per plant on my first grow, and that was photos. Mind you, first grow and all, but I’m hoping to get at least 2.5 per plant this time.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          s62 wet weight on 1 plant was 748 grams and dry weight 474 grams the photos average about 40” tall at harvest. There were 4 others with about the same weight over 700 grams wet. Autos were 124 grams and 102 dry on White widow and ak-48. I really believe that was a lucky harvest and a direct result of the class. I agree that the veg time option helps to make up any lost ground

Day 53 Update

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	345230

Name:	
Size:	427.3 KB
ID:	345227

Time clicks on, and so do these autos. They're not growing UP as quickly as I'd like . . . they seem a little focused on beefing out buds, which seems super early to me. But autos are alien to me until I get done with this grow, so I'm going through it expecting anything lol!
        Just to review, I'm running a 315 LEC in a 3x3 tent, with 4 autos in 3-gal pots. The light is ~20" from the tops of the tallest colas. That'll give it a couple of inches to grow before I have to think about moving it up again. I'm watering 1/2 gallon for each pot at this point, and it seems to be every 3-5 days. I kinda go based on feel; I tend to try to avoid letting them droop out of thirst, so I water before I see that (or at the very beginning of it). Never watering to runoff, but feel confident I'm getting close w/ the 1/2 gallon. Will likely need to step up with water if they continue to grow up some. Currently spraying with PureCrop1 1-2 a week. After seeing it work on my friend's spider mites, and ultimately seeing these plants clean up too, I have to say I'm starting to be convinced that it's good stuff. Hard to say how much it impacts growth (b/c it's a biostimulant), but it seems benign at worst.
        I'm happy to say that I've not seen an insect on my plants for days, maybe even a week. I inspect them multiple times a day (and generally just enjoy basking in their presence and the subtle glow of the CMH). Nothing seems to be crawling around at all. No other signs of infestation, either. But I continue to see some leaf damage, and it makes me scratch my head. Not enough leaf damage to get upset about, but definitely some. Could be something else than critters, I guess. Let me know if you've heard of such.
        I'll stop rambling so we can look at each a little closer.

Six-Shooter:

Name:	
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	345237

Name:	
Size:	490.4 KB
ID:	345229
        So on the surface, she looks pretty damn good (if a bit more compact than I'd like). She's got 4 prominent colas and 6-8 shorter colas. However, I'm seeing some problems that I don't think I should ignore.

Burnt tips:

Name:	
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	345228
        In what may be a display of her Crystal M.E.T.H. heritage, my Six-Shooter is showing some purple . . . purple damage. That, plus straight-up burnt tips. I'm really curious how I could be getting nutrient burn, if that's what it is. Truth is, I'm not sure what it is. I know the KindSoil is hot, but the plants are in 2/3's Coco Loco, with 1/3 KindSoil at the bottom, so the plant can draw nutes or not, as it needs. My understanding of supersoil is that the plant regulates its own nutrient uptake. In that case, I'm a little confused as the why I'd be seeing something related to nutes.
        Unfortunately, that's not all:

Name:	
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	345231
        I'm also seeing weird brown spots showing up on my leaves. Mostly (if not entirely), they show up on the sugar leaves. Fan leaves don't seem to be affected. They are numerous in some spots, but scarce in others. Any ideas? Related to the burnt tips? A deficiency of some kind? Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Other than those two phenomena, I'd say she's doing pretty well. Putting on nice trichs for sure. I just am a skeptic and a nervous one at that, so I have a hard time imagining these plants amounting to much yield. That said, I'm having a lot of fun growing them and thus far, definitely want to try autos again.

White Widow:

Name:	
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	345233

Name:	
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	345232

The White Widow is starting to put on some initial trichomes as well, which is interesting. Thus far, its stigma are still pretty white and pointy. It's also got 4 main colas, 4-6 mediums, and a handful of smaller ones. They're all within 4-5" of each other. Not quite as even a canopy as I'd have liked, but still pretty cool. The main colas are all bud at this point, so I hesitate on super-cropping them to bring them down. I also don't want to slow them in any way. I feel like I just need to get out of their way at this point, lol.

Crystal M.E.T.H.:

Name:	
Size:	518.2 KB
ID:	345235

Name:	
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	345234
        Crazy Crystal continues her antics! Looking very frosty, indeed, although I'm sure that's partially b/c of her lovely purple color. She's doing well, I think. Doing weird, I know. But overall, she seems happy in her own way, lol. She smells DIVINE. Can't wait to try some of this stuff.

GSC:

Name:	
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	345236
        The GSC keeps pace somewhat with its older siblings. Height-wise, because of the lack of LST, she's right at the same height as the other tall colas. So that's nice. But I do see those untrained layers and side buds, and I cringe a little. Still, I want her to grow her own way. I removed some discolored bottom growth, but otherwise am not defoliating her. In my mind, this is my underdog. We'll see how she does in the long game
        Thanks for tuning in, everyone!
        Last edited by s62; 10-26-2019, 03:50 PM.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Great update on each plant, s62. I'm hydro and I know nothing about soil growing.

So the plant that's showing some nute burn: you can't flush her because she's in hot soil? A little flush never hurts...

How many more days you got left? 3 weeks? 4?

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking plants and awesome pictures.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you kindly!

ATU, I can’t flush because I only ever hydrate with plain PH’d water; basically I’m always flushing! Nutrients are all in the soil already.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Sucks don’t it.... once I got a bit too ambitious and added an extra 500ml of water and none of it stayed in the pot. And I have noticed on occasion, what looks like nute burn and I am thinking that the roots are deep in the “hot soil” and getting a dose of high levels of nutrient. Just a theory.

But I would not complain about supersoil... whenever I think about it, I realize I am not spending more time mixing and measuring or even buying extra stuff for that matter

Day 63 Update:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	F4A2F586-BD36-4270-BA02-7B7C606078FD.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	632.7 KB ID:	347038

Well, this isn’t a happy update, but it is what it is! I have confirmed my girls have stopped growing upward (except maybe the GSC, day 55). They are now in the stacking bud phase for sure. The colas are getting fatter and smellier. Unfortunately, they’re smaller than my hand It would appear that I’ve grown bonsai cannabis!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D1768856-49C0-4185-86B8-E3217B4FD432.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	368.3 KB ID:	347037

I’m definitely a bit put out. I was hoping to get ~3oz from each plant, but now it looks as though I’ll be lucky to get 1. The girls are tiny. I just don’t understand what I did wrong, but evidently something. These look like joke plants, lol. Maturing and looking just like a legit cannabis plant, only 1/5th the size!

Click image for larger version  Name:	9EEDDA8C-B80F-4E7E-B1D0-3462DE836384.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	374.4 KB ID:	347036
        I’ve decided that I’m going to compensate for the small size of my plants by planting a boatload of them. Sea of Green time. If I only get 1oz per plant, than I may as well have 9 plants lol. So I’m starting my third grow this week, right alongside my second. I’ll have autos going at different phases, so hopefully I’ll get a perpetual system going.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EA631D93-EBDF-44DF-9AB7-4ADE46B0DC4A.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	603.8 KB ID:	347035

As you can see in the picture, I went out and bought smaller saucers plus 5 more Smart Pots. I can now run 9 plants at a time. My plan? Once my KindSoil comes in, I’m going to plant 5x more plants. Only this time, I won’t train them. I’m going to leave them the hell alone and will let them grow out one bigass single cola each. Hopefully it’ll get to be more than 4 inches. Thoughts?

I hate that quadlining wasn’t a success for me, but I’m going to try it again someday with photos. I really wanted it to work. I’m just afraid that it was all of my training and topping and defoliation that stunted them. So I’ll be going au natural for awhile.

Thoughts?
        Last edited by s62; 11-04-2019, 10:47 PM.
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm at a loss to explain why yours stayed small but are healthy. I've grown those strains many times with massive success. However dont count out your yield yet. I have grown many plants that stayed under 15 inches tall yet made 80 or more grams each.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely won’t count them out yet. I’m just ready to try again, now. I appreciate your support on this grow, and even if it turned out small, I learned a lot and am looking forward to trying again. Plus, whatever yield I do get, it seems like it’s going to be a frosty good smoke! Can’t complain about that, at least!

s62 - I feel for ya man - to start with, your plants look great - good job in getting them to where they are. My guess is your plants look like they are good for 60 grams or more each - that's a quarter pounder.

I admire you for being brave enough to post - even though you think you did a bad job - it is hard to admit to everyone that you made errors along the way - and show them.

I'm in the same boat as you - the 2 autos that I have been training seem to have stopped growing vertically - and then I was stupid enough to spray something on them that I have never used before - now all my small leaves are all clawing inwards like they didn't want the spray. I think they are stunted for sure now.

I was seriously looking for an excuse not to continue my journal that I started - but you have changed my mind. I might as well keep posting - mistakes or not.

But - I'm pissed off at myself for being dumb - so I'm starting a couple more seeds today. Starting over - I'll let the other 2 grow, maybe they will surprise me in the end . We'll see.

I really wanted to say - thanks for posting.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, thank you too! You just made me feel a lot better about the whole situation. I’m really glad that you’re going to continue your journal, and I’m really glad you were able to take something away from my journal. I’m going to dedicate a post here very soon to explore plausible causes of my shortcomings in the hopes that people can weigh in and we can learn as a community. Maybe someone will avoid my mistakes by seeing them!
          I hate to hear that you’re have stalled out too. That sucks We’re in very similar situations, it would seem, regarding our current grows. I look forward to following your journal(s). If you figure out a good way to catalogue a perpetual grow (one mega thread? separate threads?), I’m stealing the idea! Not sure how to proceed from here yet.
          Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and the optimism. I needed a dash of that!
          Last edited by s62; 11-04-2019, 02:20 PM.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          s62 during the class that Nebula and Sirius did, we discussed the timing for perpetual grows and concluded that 8 weeks of separation would be about right. I fail to recall whether or not the plan was for strictly photos or included autos...

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, that’ll have be just about perfect then! Thanks for that tidbit.

Hey s62 ...just wondering... which bulbs did you use in the lamp housing? by the way: they do look great.... no issues any where except size?

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good question! I believe the Phillips 3100k bulb.

s62 You have grown some beautiful plants. Again not sure what happened to the size. But I actually would love to find good strains that size so I could run 12 at a time per tent. In a 4x4 you could run 12 of those. Assuming 2 ounces each thays 24ounces. At 3 ounces each that's 36. But my plants always get big so never been able to do that.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          So one of my theories is that I stunted them by bending them too far down during training. If that’s the case, it should be replicable with other strains.
          However, my theory doesn’t account for all 4 plants being stunted, as I only LST’d 2 that extremely. Who knows.
          What I do know is I’d rather grow 3-4 big plants than 9 little ones. But if I could get it to where I was getting 9 x 2oz = 18oz each grow . . . I’d do it with all smiles! I wouldn’t want less than 3 or so strains going at any given time, though. There’s just too many options to explore!

There are just a couple differences in your grow than mine, but they could be of some significance.

I use coco rather than a soil coco mix (I believe that's what you're using if I read correctly.)

I use megacrop nutrients

My lights are autocobs.

These seem to be the main differences between our grows. I'm pretty sure the lights aren't the issue. The LEC lights seem to have a pretty good following so I dont think it's that. I know that growing in soil is a slower method than coco. So maybe because of the soil they never got a chance to recover from the training.

How often were you were watering? When I started, i watered every 24 hours for the entire grow. Lately, I've only been watering 24 hours about a month in to the grow. With coco, I've read that it should always be damp.

I really hope you find the answers you're looking for man. It's a bummer when stuff doesn't go as planned.
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you water a lot less frequently with supersoil. I’ve seen 5-7 days thrown around, though I’m finding 3/4 of my girls like to drink a little faster than that. So I’ve been averaging 3-5!days in between, with 3-4 being more often.
          I am tempted to try coco as my next grow medium. I wondered if I would have had different results with it. Truth is, I think I stunted my plants, to be honest. I think it may have to do with the extreme angle I was training my quadlines down to. I ended reading that you can majorly slow down the growth of a plant by bending it to horizontal (or further). Gonna post more about that later, but hard to say.
          All that being said, I’m still convinced I’m going to get autos to work for me. Once I grow some successfully, I’m sure I’ll be back to quadlining. I’m a tinkerer and I enjoyed the process.

Here are the differences in my last grow of autos. I used supersoil for both sets of plants and used nothing but molasses and earthworm/batguano teas. I grew 3 in 3 gallon air pots and 3 in 10 gallon air (cloth) pots. I did transplant but in what they call peat pots.

The 3 plants in 3 gallon pots netted 182grams. I had a six shooter in a 10 gallon pot go to almost 300 grams. The GSC is still going but is way past her timetable in the 10 gallon pot and I'm guessing 200 grams. The Stardawg in 10 gallon made almost 200 grams.

Now that was just a test of supersoil and no nutrients. In 3 gallon pots using fox farms soil and full nutrients I averaged over 200grams per plant in the past and have had some hit over 350grams.

If you are using fast buds seeds those are the same I used in all the above. I'm sure you can find pictures of all my plants if you look around here.

So saying that I'm not saying you need bigger pots, or you need to change nutrients or your soil. I'm just telling you my experience with fast buds seeds. And it is a very positive experience.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I don’t mistrust the genetics at all. FastBuds and Dinafem are high-quality breeders. I’ve got a few pet theories as to their small stature that I want to run by you.
          Also, might try my 18-gallon pots out next if the Sea of Green fails. Maybe I need to go big!
          Last edited by s62; 11-04-2019, 08:03 PM.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I can tell you that with supersoil the pot size does matter because you are starting with far more nutrients. If you are feeding nutrients as needed large pots are not needed. Coast of Maine's super soil says it needs no nutrients for 3 months using 15 gallon pots watering with no runoff. That is an expensive adventure unless you make your own soil. I rotate my large pots, grow cover crops in the off season, load my pots with worms, and work all defoliated leaves back into the soil. Before I use them again I turn the cover crops under and mix in good mulch. I dont do anything unless i see an issue. It's much easier to use nutrients. But I can tell you there is a difference. I could give you two smokes. One in super soil and one with nutrients and you would be able to tell the difference.

That being said if you are looking for huge yields hydro is the way to go.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          KindSoil lists the veg and flower times of different sized pots (and thus different amounts of KindSoil). They claim that 3lbs of KS in a 3-gallon pot (plus coco loco as base media) will carry an auto for its full life.

First things first....your plants look great....happy, healthy, and full of bud sites!!!! I’ve never grown in super soil so take what I’m about to say with a grain of kief😉. Some of the best soil growers I know swear by the process of potting up their plants as they grow. Something about growing in soil just demands that you have the right sized pot for the plant size. This creates a dilemma for most Auto growers because conventional wisdom says not to transplant Autos. I’ve seen some growers that transplant Autos without slowing them down and I’ve seen some that have ruined there harvests because they botched the transplant. The soil growers that I’ve talked to say that the smaller pots allow the soil to dry out quicker giving the roots greater access to oxygen sooner than they would in a larger pot. If done the right way and at the right time, transplanting shouldn’t lead to any shock. As a matter of fact the plant should explode with growth given its new roomy environment. As I said earlier I’ve never grown in soil so I’m just throwing ideas out there.....

I have grown some rather large plants using FB seeds but they were all in DWC and my hunch is that by controlling what nutrients are available at what times, I may have been able to delay the plants desire to flower, allowing it to Veg a bit longer. Generally speaking my FB plants started to show pistils between day 40-50. Some of those seeds were supposed to be 60 days from seed to harvest.
        Last edited by Obi-Wan; 11-04-2019, 04:50 PM.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          I always repot my plants. Even autos and I grow in soil. However I've even gone so far as to replant a whole 3 gallon cloth pot with the plant still in the pot in 10 gallon pots. To date replanting a whole 3 gallon pot into a 10gallon pot has netted my best yields on autos. Photos I go all the way to 50 gallon cloth pots.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info and thoughts, so Obi-Wan! I’ve been wondering my soil approach is one of the variables that slowed me down, but when I see Spidermite succeeding with supersoil, I’m less inclined to think so.
          Regarding transplanting, I wanted to avoid the risk of slowdown due to shock, so I just started my seeds in their final location. I’ve wondered if that played a role as well? I’ll be making a post soon to explore notions more, but thanks for the insights.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X