No announcement yet.

s62’s Grow #2 - Auto Mania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I hear ya about that s62 not getting real high. I've not grown but maybe 6 auto plants but that was my take so far. But i'm going to keep trying to find the 1 I know she's out there.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I think once its cured you will love it. My wife always mixes six shooter in with whatever she is smoking. He favorite is six shooter and GG4. Her second favorite is Baked Alaska mixed with six shooter. She loves the way six shooter makes her feel, but it doesnt make her sleepy. That is why she mixes it. She gets the feel of the six shooter mixed with the sleepy time feel of things like GG4, Baked Alaska, or Alaskan Thunderfuck.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if mine will be sleepier than yours? What % amber do you shoot for?

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes letting it go more amber will add a sleepier effect. I cut her with just a few amber as I already have some super knock out smoke. But if you got to 30 plus percent amber it should have a knockout punch.

I went into a dispensary last night my outdoor summer is not as good as hoped do to all the weather issues cutting early barely cloudy blah blah not real good. I tasted " forbidden fruit" 1/2 gram preroll bought 4. Smoked 1 waited half hr. felt great relaxed. Smoked the other 1/2 gram doobie worked like a charm. No muchies just relaxed and sleepy. I'm going through seed sites looking at the varities of this strain now. I choose heavy indicas and I like blending with sativa strains like Jack Herer. Or just smoking the predomintly indica straight. Do not operate machinery under the influence of this weed, it is not for the weak smoker.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Day 75 Update
      Crazy Crystal has been harvested! I’ll dump a few pics to tell the tale. Ultimately, she yielded 85g wet, so probably ~21g dry. Not quite an oz, but certainly more than I initially thought I’d get. I’m glad I held on to her. I look forward to this smoke quite a bit!

I did entirely wet trimming for this one. I’ve got a humidifier keeping my drying closet around 50% RH, so I figured a wet trim should be fine. It was just so obviously the answer. There weren’t a ton of fan leaves or sugar leaves to worry about; they were all pretty easy to pluck or snip. Much fewer leaves than my Six-Shooter. Lots of sugar on the sugar leaves... super rich trichome coating, but... I skipped them all off anyway. I left only bud this time, as it wasn’t hard to do. I snipped a LOT of sugar off, but hopefully it makes good extract!

Even as bud, she’s a strange one. Her buds are skinny and long, made up of fat calyxes stacked up, eventually leading to one or two fat calyxes at the tip. They are pointy too; looks like you could stab somebody! I bet when they dry, they’ll be particularly skinny! Also, I found loads of pink/purple trichomes once I had the buds off and under some light. Turns out, I think she aged nicely.

Ultimately, I’ll definitely be trying to grow this one again. The smell is OUTSTANDING, as I’m sure the flavor will be. I’m going to give it a slightly longer cure before starting it (~2 months), as I really want it to be flavorful and smooth. If trichome density is any indication of potency, this girl should be fire!
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Those things are plum pretty :-), I really like the color, have to tell us how it smokes

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Buds are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you both! I’ll definitely follow up with smoke reports for each plant.

s62. That is just a really pretty plant... I have seen similar looking strains, Even what could be the same plant but it seems there is no name standardization as the hybridization expands exponentially. I hope it performs to your every EXPECTATION. That means, let us know how it turns out

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will definitely let you know how it is! I think I’m most excited about this strain. The fact that I’ll probably have less of it than my others just makes it seem all the more rare and desirable LOL. The jewel of my stash!

Day Something Update
      Just a quick post. I’m absolutely lit, and it’s thanks to my lovely Six-Shooter that I just put into a jar. Vaped an oven of it in the Pax, and damn! It’s very heady, but also narcotic and warm. I haven’t really known the joys of amber until now, I think. This could be a game changer!
      Great flavor; I don’t have the vocabulary to describe it well, so I won’t bother. It’s a very familiar smell/flavor, and a really nice experience over all.
      Oh yeah, I got 32g from it ultimately, though I’m padding the numbers a bit, as I left a few largish stems in there. I also trimmed it to feature more sugar leaves than I did for my first grow. After finding out so many of you leave a healthy amount on your buds, I figure why not. Let’s try it! I can always trim them clean later if I don’t like it.
      Spidermite thanks for turning me on to this one.Doubledealing72 have you had six shooter before your current grow? Thoughts on it? SoOrbudgal I know you like a heavy indica, but the six shooter is a really pleasant, heady experience that pairs with the amber really nicely. You might find this one works for you.
      Really pleased with the quality of bud I got, if not the yield. I’ve got another six-shooter sprout working on node 2 as we speak. I just might have to keep one of these ladies on tap.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my first time growing the 6 shooter, so I have no experience with it so far. I'm super excited to try it when it's ready though!

Congrats on your harvest! Your numbers will be far better next time!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        s62 I leave the stickiest sugar leaves on my buds to protect trichomes and preserve more of them on the buds. Buds that have been shaved are losing trichomes all the time, and that really bothers me!!!!!

AND I vape also (really diggin my Pax 3, I just cram a piece of bud into the crucible, you don't have to even lose anything to grinding, it vapes it wonderfully.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s really good to know, atu! I always grind and pack it tight. I get big billowy clouds off it, but if works with just stuffing bud in... then heck yeah, I wanna try that. My next session, I’m going to do that with my first taste of Crystal.

Day 85 (WW) / 77 (GSC)

I’m going to keep this update short and simple. Both ladies are looking really nice, despite their diminutive stature. I’m guessing dry yield will be ~1.25oz a piece, maybe a bit more (up to 1.5 max).
      The GSC is the one with fucking logs growing off of it, lol. The WW is the more orderly 4 main cola plant with all the training.
      I could harvest either and be happy, but I’m letting them run. The GSC is just starting to really get ripe.
      Here are pics!
      Attached Files
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        terrible plants...I would throw em out. I have a bag right here you can throw those weeds into....

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding s62 just makes me salivate

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful 62, those are nice.
        Good Job.
        You should fill up several jars, with those.

s62 Poetry....! They look gorgeous... You had me fooled saying you're having a problem... IS THIS you're strategy for the solo cup challenge...you're going to feed us misinformation and then WIN ? By the way.... it would appear if you can get them to be a bit taller, your yield will double based on what this shows... Are these ALL autos?

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir, all autos. I’m going for broke. 9 plants, and by god I will have enough weed lol.
        I’d love to do a Solo Bonzai lol. That might be the ticket.

You are the man s62 that's my goal to have all the weed we need again. My shelves are so empty of potent weed and i'm stuffing my tent also.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I figure why waste light! And yeah, I want to be a fully self-sufficient stoner, so I’ve got to make sure I’m covered! After knowing what I spent on my growing setup, I can tell you, my wife does NOT like the idea of me buying weed ever again lol. This grow is going to stretch me in terms of my stash, but I think I can make it through February or March when my next harvest is due.

Day 89 Update
      Just a quick update to say that I’ve harvested both remaining plants. The GSC went down a few days ago (day 82 for her) and the WW got chopped today (day 89). 152g wet for the GSC and 217g wet for the WW. So a few jars, which I’ll gladly take. I’ll let you know final weights once they’re done drying. I’m continuing to play around with wet vs dry trimming. Each plant is different, so I’m getting lots of experience.
      Last edited by s62; 12-01-2019, 07:14 AM.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s right! I’ve got 7 girls growing atm, but will have 9 by end of week, I hope!
        I just can’t fathom not growing and not maximizing space! I’ll get another tent, one day, and maybe I’ll chill. Or not lol!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It's what I'd love to do full time. I'm 66, it's time for my second career.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        s62 alltatup funny you said that because I was so into the grow and manipulation of plants , plus I had projects to do while taking grow classes but it got SO OUT OF CONTROL I am just waiting for them all to come to a close so I can get the place back in order and re-design a better layout. Tents all over for veg, flower, light tests and then they all begin to mature... no more veg tent, it becomes a flower tent, the flower tent has several different stages of maturation waiting to be harvested to make room for another and lighten the load on another tent. The lighting tent is over grown and the basil again is attacking with giant sized leaves . No more germinations til every last one is harvested

s62 we ALL know the energies you put into this...enjoy the reward,

Last year, my 1st grow in ground (pots my 1st 2 years of growing), I ended up with about 4-5 pounds. All my pics were larger than allowed. I planted 25 seeds and 4 produced all that- another 4 turned male. My #1 was so sticky that after curing it for a few weeks I had to remove it to dry more. Unreal! But unbelievably potent.
      This year (2023) 5 of those seeds came up. Here are some pics (will add some 2022 later if possible).

​​​​​​​
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Man!..

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        First of all...holy fu@k! What kind of gravel are you using and how much perlite? What do you feed it? Does it eat meat?

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL456789 here's a 10 for ya

Thanks! Thus is our second year growing in the ground and both have been incredible. This year (2023) I haven’t seen a single bug. And it s almost harvest time- two plants are ready but giving both a few more days to a week to ‘cook’.
      Here are a couple pics from last year that we didn’t post.
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Your colas are fantastic!!!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you are doing something right with living in a area that agrees with growing cannibus. I've got 2 more to harvest also that need abit more time, and i need more jars LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X