s62’s Grow #2 - Auto Mania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 14 Update:
    Time for another update! Nothing major to announce, except that tonight I turned on the LEC! I figured the T5’s had done their job, even though I’ve still got a little sprout growing. Hoping the LEC speeds them along their way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8C4D193-F241-4F21-A5ED-70BE96167239.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	734.6 KB
ID:	337700

As for the girls, let’s take a look:

Name:	985AAEDD-C8B2-45CC-842B-0CA5FE585F34.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	337699

Six-Shooter looks to be on its 4th node:

Name:	F682FDCC-5492-4281-99AD-BC274509C2C6.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	945.6 KB
ID:	337698

White Widow XXL looking healthy:

Name:	B8D30D58-BA21-4703-9F53-FCF57BC8FB90.jpeg
Views:	256
Size:	768.1 KB
ID:	337701

GSC as a runty little sprout missing half its starter set.

Name:	32DBD5AE-E3F2-4B62-AA3C-4880C1CA7934.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	337703

Crystal M.E.T.H. looking sick and weird as hell. Only on its third node, even though it sprouted before the Six-Shooter.

Name:	31712742-1C90-4145-AF52-875996712B50.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	986.8 KB
ID:	337702
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks awesome!!! Give little crystal some time; she may outgrow it..., but she may not.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they look like they enjoy there home. That dang mottling in the last pic wish I knew why some seeds carry that? But she'll grow fine I hope. Great start.

everybody looks happy and healthy...give the ugly duckling, crystal, a little time and see how she turns out...As for TMV i dont think so..i had several leaves on one plant that looked like the perfect candidate but that didnt last long... wait a bit, She might surprise you....!
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure hope she does. I’m rooting for her!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your doing fine, they fix in to start jumping up now.
      Lookin good.

Makes me eager to get the tent going again and control the environment. There picking up steam now s62 soon they'll be teens
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Looking forward to hearing about your indoor grow this upcoming cold season.

Day 20 Update - Whoopsies and haircuts

Click image for larger version  Name:	F1132091-B9CF-4FD8-BE03-86FCAE07272E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.39 MB ID:	339010

Well, I took @Weed Pharma’s advice, and I did my best to avoid overwatering my plants. Went down to see them last night, and it appears I have underwatered them. Still figuring this watering thing out. The girls were looking droopy and sad. Mistake number 1.

So it’s late, I’m exhausted from taking a newborn and a 2.5 year old camping the night before, and it’s high time to get . . . well, high. Long way of saying, I was good and stoned. When I saw those thirsty girls, I jumped straight into action. I’ve got a new water filter that I was pretty excited to use, and my mind was on getting water to the soil ASAP, and so I forgot to pH my water. Mistake number 2.

I watered the girls with about 1.5 liters each (plus a splash for the GSC). I’m feeling good. Then I realize my mistake. Cursing myself for being the fool that I am, I poured a cup of water and tested the pH. The results?

Crap. I aim to keep my water at 6.0-7.0 more or less. 9.7 is way off the chart. City water for ya.

Soooo, we’ll see what happens. Hopefully not much. I went to check on my darlings this morning, and they looked happy enough. Perked back up from their thirst. Six-shooter was looking so good, I topped it! Could see node 6 coming out and decided to snip. The other two are still working on putting out 5.

Here’s a before picture of Six-Shooter:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0F49FBA5-0B74-4802-9827-04763330EB2F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	339011

​​​​Here she is after topping and quadlining:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3BD2A33C-CD0B-471E-AE13-F5C89CA02EBC.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	339013

Im pretty pleased. Much like my first harvest, it took some guts to take the clippers to the plant. But the final result is good, I think. Now I’m just going to let the lines grow out a smidge before I start tying them down.
    Also of interest to me, the Six Shooter was already starting to show stigmas!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5698EE8B-1DAF-4875-9C46-3C461B743DC3.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	430.8 KB ID:	339018

My other plants are doing ok. The WW is looking lush and happy:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6F1FF7FE-7763-4C8D-9B1F-2208D32E2F25.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	339015

The Crystal METH ... well, it looks alive at least lol. Sure is funny looking still.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1675993F-C0CC-41B4-9543-48154375F422.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.84 MB ID:	339016

Finally, the GSC is starting to pick up a little speed:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	138949E6-BE12-4A96-BCF9-E0F31A7A1AD5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	339017
    Overall, I’m a little worried about the water, but feeling pretty good nonetheless. I’ll update when training and topping happens again. Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Wonderful times learning to train your plants. These autos are quick just a few wks and boom they start to flower. Your doing great s62 they are loving their home. It's hard to slow down when you got little " rug bugs" to chase after I remember those days like yesterday. Our kids all grew up outdoors camping and fishing, hunting they got good skills now as adults pretty damn proud of them. Anyway...I've done plenty of whoopsies on my plants throughout the years and watering once from a bucket I had thought it was just well water but it was car wash dish soap my hubby had left in it and I thought it was from day before I filled it with a hose from the well. He left it out after he had washed his truck I used it to water a couple young weed plants I immediately saw it bubble as I dumped it on them and flushed them good. Yours will be fine, I now fill empty gal. jugs leave them sitting with the lid on.

One time isn't gonna do any harm with the water Ph there plenty of folks who've watered with worse things LOL some of it I've read on here and just chuckle. Enjoy your grow it get easier and your doing fine.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You normally want to top your autos before seeing pistils.
        But maybe you will be ok. I hope so.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        And here I was worried that I topped too early!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll probably be ok, But next time check your preflowers first.
        HappyGrowing

Last time I had some SURPRISE autos and they were out of control compared to the other photos. I had no idea they were autos since I never ordered them. Defoliated and Super-cropped them to keep the canopy level and a friend said..” hey! Those are Autos that’s why they are already in flower”. Surprise Surprise as Jim Nabors might say......Worked out ok, took about 6 oz one plant and 5 on the other.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you train them?

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Once they flowered....which was too late for me since I never even thought they were autos, I just let them do their own thing. But I did spread the colas apart to maximize light exposure

Quick pic update, I’ve got the 2nd (lowest) node trained. Waiting on the 3rd (highest) to fill out before attempting to train it.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking really good training wise, I can't wait to begin indoor I love training almost as much as I love harvesting. Really nice beginnings s62.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love training too! It’s my favorite part, honestly. Although I am a weirdo . . . I also like trimming lol! Anyway, thanks bud gal!

I really like the way you’ve got this started.... that wide flat table top canopy will produce nicely for you

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks farmall! I might have to lean on you some to make it to the end

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep going like this, I’ll be leaning on you !

Day 32 Update

Name:	88B9FD1C-CD17-431F-B186-04A451DAF545.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	339900

So much has happened since the forum went down! I’m not even sure where to begin. Plans have changed, plants have changed . . . Let’s get to it!

Crystal M.E.T.H.

Name:	AD1FF16F-11C9-4C43-9FF1-76859C64DB1C.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	339901 The Crystal METH is looking as sad and mutant as ever. She’s the slowest grower of the bunch. I ultimately decided not to top or quadline this one, as she just doesn’t seem robust enough. As such, I did some pretty intense LST to flatten her out. My plan was to spiral her structure, but unfortunately, I’m not sure she’s going to make it.
      Looking at her, she’s already begin the jump into flower pretty heavily. She’s ahead of the others in that regard. My concern? That she’s prematurely flowering due to stress. I worry she’s not going to grow much bigger, but will now focus on buds instead. If that’s true, I’ll be getting a tiny, tiny harvest off of her. I guess we’ll see.
      Finally, it appears Crystal M has an infestation of some sort. Not a very big one, but I’ve found some small crawlers that I can’t identify. They aren’t swarming; there are just a handful of them. They don’t use the underside of leaves. I’ve checked my leaves carefully; no eggs, so social events on underside, etc. When I see these things, they’re usually by themselves wandering around the plant or soil.
      What I’m wondering is if these bugs are beneficial? They don’t seem to match the description of any of the pests listed on GWE. I also wonder if they’re responsible for my plant looking so bad; but this plant has been ugly since the very first leaf, and I don’t think these insects came until later. Plus, my White Widow has them, and she looks fine.
      Guesses, thoughts?

Name:	3A594A39-C877-4379-9907-7597590E5EA5.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	339902

Six-Shooter
      Click image for larger version  Name:	E4065953-FB2A-411E-92BD-0C4D974AA24F.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	451.0 KB ID:	339788
      The Six-Shooter is doing pretty well. I’ve continued training the quadline structure. I’m trying to have it staked out as far as the edges of the pot. I did some serious defoliation (based on Green75’s auto mainlining videos), and she’s currently growing back out.
      I think I goofed by bending the main nodes down too far when training. I read a post about quadlining from the guy who invented it, and he said that your plants will slow WAY down if you bend the nodes to horizontal. Something about hormones. So I think I bent a bit too far, but I’ve tried to go back to fix that.
      You’ll notice I haven’t pruned off all of the growth on the quadline. I’m curious how it will yield if I leave more of those interior bud sites. I may still end up pruning them off, but we’ll see. Thoughts?

White Widow XXL
      Click image for larger version  Name:	4DCAFEE2-FF15-44C7-B290-B05775C486FC.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	418.1 KB ID:	339789
      The White Widow has also been quadline and trained. You just can’t tell because of how bushy she is! I’ve decided NOT to do much defoliation on this girl, as I’d like to compare her progress with the Six-Shooter (which I am defoliating). I can’t help myself. I love experimenting!
      The White Widow also has the same bugs as the Crystal Meth, but seems to be healthy, largely. Here’s a pic of one of her bugs:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A9F959D6-0B31-48E9-89BC-B9E948ACF545.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	496.8 KB ID:	339790

GSC
      Click image for larger version  Name:	9D429FD1-858B-488C-9799-CA5C65B131F3.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	401.8 KB ID:	339791
      The GSC is coming right along. Rather than topping above 3 after 6 nodes, I went ahead and topped once the 4th and 5th node started showing up. I’ve decided I’m JUST going to top this one plus some LST). Again, I want to compare to my quadlines. Also, the GSC is growing kinda slow, so I figured I’d reduce the stress on her.

So, that’s the girls. Because of the insects, I went ahead and treated all 4 with PureCrop1. If you haven’t checked this stuff out, please do. It looks like the first of a new type of tech that acts as both an insecticide, a fungicide, AND a biostimulant. And it can be safely used as late as the day of harvest! All organic, etc. I hope it works, because it was $40 for 16oz! Anyone here have experience with PC1?

So that just about captures it all. There’s been some minor stuff I would have reported, but this post is long enough! Thanks for stopping in!
      Last edited by s62; 10-04-2019, 07:19 PM.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, they look good, s!!! Your first pics didn't show up online, you may have to make them smaller before posting.
        You just keep on keepin on!!!

If you could get a close up of the bug, someone on here might be able to identify it. If I had to guess, I would say that the bugs are probably not beneficial, but I'm no expert on bug identification.

Your plants are looking good though! I couldn't see the crystal meth plant, the pic doesn't load. Not sure if that's just my phone or not.

Have a good one man!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Day 35 - Quick Update
        I hit my plants with PureCrop1 today for the 3rd day in a row. Still seeing insects, but I’m hoping 5 days of treatment will do the job. We’ll see.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	FB267B1E-2FFB-482C-B9B6-6AF3D986FC17.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	595.7 KB ID:	340449Here are the girls after their soak.

As you may notice from the pic, I finally defoliated the WW. She was a bush, and getting hard to train and to expose new growth to light. Now she’s trimmed and tied and looking great!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1497B934-A8F2-4DB5-91CA-3C81E65B5BE4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	340450
        Everything else remains the same for the most part. My little Crystal METH is putting out some pretty purple buds. Too bad the plant is tiny. I only see one site for new growth; everything else is bud now.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	A12ABAC1-C620-4E8A-8407-D7246B2AD223.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	486.6 KB ID:	340451
        Click image for larger version  Name:	4ABADCAB-960C-4DDC-813E-9F82FAC546FD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	340452
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Torn on what to do. Part of me says see her through to harvest, but another part says pluck her and start fresh. Just worried maybe she had some more growing to do.

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Awww come on s62...you gotta let crazy Crystal finish!!...sure has some pretty buds on her. Plus shes what? maybe a month and a half out? Who knows, that stuff might make you go cross eyed and piss your pants lol I vote to save Crystal!

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, Crazy Crystal! That’s officially her name now.

Looking good. I'm watching and cant wait to see how great you do.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate your optimism!

If you destroyed it, you be less off with yield and would need to start another plant that would be weeks behind.... heck, just nurse it through and be surprised... she may pull thru for you either with volume or potency

Comment

Could turn into a "swan" I can't toss a plant.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same problem.

Here is a 6 shooter bud about to be chopped s62 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1570483188896.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	340968
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn, that’s an impressive cola!

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Just friggine wow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X