Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Grow-Barneys Farm; Red Diesel & Peyote Critical Kush

Afternoon folks
    After a truly cataclysmic, almost biblical battle with spider mites and personal issues piling up that needed addressing I shut down for several months. Now like an early morning raider approaching Lindisfarne, I am back.
    So, stocks are low and I have therefore chosen 2 of my fav`s. Both are very good for my headspace. I don`t recommend this for everyone but I use weed in place of heavy head medications which knock me sideways and these 2 really help keep me level.
    I am also moving away during the flowering stage from HPS` to LED`s and have no experience in handling these so it`s going to be a learning curve for me. Special thanks to Spidermite for some excellent practical advice on how to handle them (Thanks mate-really appreciated). I mainly moved away from HPS` due to heat but running cost savings are also going to be a plus.
    I do not use plain water but either a plain compost tea or a feed compost tea for either veg or flowering.
    Soil-BioBizz + Charge + Volcanic Dust + Perlite
    10l or 20l airpots
    Veg Tent-400 MH air cooled tube and 1 x 5" extractor. Passive input.
    Main Tent- 2 x 1200 Viparspectras, 1 x 6" input, 1 x 6" extractor, 3 oscillating fans + 1 x dehumidifier.
    Training-LST, Manifolding, Robust defoliation and Topping
    Music-Industrial Metal
    Hopefully, this will be better than the last nightmare.

Glad to see you back PaganRich - I always learn from your grows.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      She's at the 67 day mark - didn't stretch as much as I thought she would have - she's at about 18 inches. Looks good tho.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147 Does sound like the type of lass I like growing. Planning on flipping at 17 to get to 20 roughly so that`s useful info mate-cheers

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      She slowed down after topping and never really stretched much after shooting out her pistils. Was a freebie seed so haven't another one to grow and compare.

Well, the Curse of the Pagan has reared it`s head again. Started 2 Red Diesels using the wet tissue method. Usually they start strong and vibrant. First one broke the shell and nice tap root which then just went black and died. The second had the palest of those initial little leaves before curling up and calling it a day. So, started third one off. Has sprouted, one leaf and very pale....I shall wait and see how she pans out. In truth I`m surprised as this is rare to have seeds go naff on me from Barneys and it`s strange that all 3 have come out with mega pale leaves that don`t go green quickly either. Only thing I can assume is that it was a duff batch or a little bit too old.
    Peyote (Below) on the other hand is doing well. In a 10 l pot for a-whiles and coming along nicely
    Last edited by PaganRich; 07-12-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich How old were the seeds? I have strange things happen sometimes--not all the time--with older seeds...

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup Well, like life Atu, younger seeds do have more virility but in this instance I am unaware if my seed was retrospective or incumbent..., stoned first time in 13 days-check this out my honary shieldmaiden
      "Slow Air" is out now on Wrecking Light Records.LPs, CDs, t-shirts: http://www.stillcorners.com/shopDigital: https://stillcorners.bandcamp.com/album/slow-air...

Glorious
      Last edited by PaganRich; 08-04-2019, 03:49 PM.

Hi Pagan, the picture looks similar to me fighting root aphids. Here is a picture of my peyote critical. It went in this container on 5/9. she and I fought a couple battles with root aphids and so far we are winning. She is in first week flower. Already has trichs.

Comment

• Spellbound
      Spellbound commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! That is downright amazing.

• BillyKidd
      BillyKidd commented
      Editing a comment
      THAT'S ONE HELLUVA ROOT APHID!! lol
      ...couldn't resist.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      A few lights and ornaments, tinsel and a topper you’re all set for the upcoming season.... that is beautiful

Glad your back PaganRich. Hope the rest of your grow is smooth sailing.

You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Spidermite Thank you mate...hope you are okay and you and yours are alright in yourselves

Ordered some fresh Red Diesel seeds only to be told there`s a delay Barney`s end....have them on order so hopefully should be a fresher batch but my little lass is still hanging in there. Took 48hrs but she`s turned green albeit slightly dismembered. Gonna run with her as she`s such a little scaper to have made it this far. Might name her Boudica after the warrior queen

Comment

Huh she's already lost a limb? Please treat her kindly and she may reward you
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I live in hope however the amount of plants I`ve decapitated or dismembered accidentially over the years is truly staggering...still we plod on me and the girls

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich your baby should pull thru, just fine, she might be a little slower, to start with, but I bet she finishes very nicely.
        Have a great weekend, Mate.
        Stay Cool ,Bro.
        What music are you into at the moment ?

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69 Hey up D mate...cheers for the positive vibes towards the lass, comment wise mate....sounds, well...loads of industrial metal but also bands like the Wipers (Portland punk USA), Revolting Cocks (1980`s), bit of Throbbing Gristle, loads of TripHop but especially Sad Movies track
        Support:http://www.stillcorners.com/http://stillcorners.tumblr.com/https://stillcorners.bandcamp.com/https://soundcloud.com/stillcornershttps://www.facebook....

Cocteau Twins and early Cure with a bit of either fire crackling or thunder and lightning or post nuclear howling winds sounds
        Watch out for the fallout! Dig this post apocalyptic ambience that features The Glowing Sea. Better hunker down, kids, the feral ghouls are coming...★ My Lin...

Bowie, Dylan, Placebo and Stevie Nicks and a bit of Genesis...I was taught drums by a professional big band drummer and he started me out on the Beatles, Genesis and Rush-not exactly light stuff, my bloody arms were flying everywhere.
        What tunes are you hitting mate?

Well, little Red Diesel is hanging in there. Reckon worst may be behind her, now just tlc and chill time and see where she goes (Pic 1),,prob be dead by tonight since I`ve said that.
      Peyote is coming along nicely. Gonna top her `round 5"+ to start manifold so not long to wait (Pic 2)

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never tried the peyote. If I remember correct you have grown it before. What is your assessment of that strain?

Ah, Pagan, you too deal with Murphy's Law and jinxes? 😋

Pulling up a chair here, until you show up with my cuppa...or a black+tan! Ha, good luck brotha!
      Meesta's Grow
      2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

@MeeshaFeesha this is the tipple that floats my boat mate....I heartily recommend if you can find it on draught. You`d be a happy camper for sure mate.Nectar of the gods mate, nectar of the gods....Doom Bar (muttered almost reverently)

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
          MeestaFeesha commented
          Editing a comment
          Look at the foamy head there! Proper pour too!

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Pagan I've never seen that here locally. And I love beer and love trying new beer. At one time I'd stop on my way home, buy a six pack, and drink 3. I always put the other 3 in the fridge in my guest house (I dont have that house any more damit.) But I bought a different beer everyday. So when I offered people beer and they said anything I'd make them choose. I had over 200 kinds at one time. Alas I went broke and slowly drank them all.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          @MeetaFeesha I appreciate your appreciation of a finely poured pint mate-spot on Spidermite man, I like your thinking-different beers to choose from sounds a nice way to spend an evening though I`m sorry to hear that way of life had to go

Spidermite Afternoon mate, hope your mellow mate...check out The Wipers-This Time-really into this track big time at the moment

Barney's Farm does it again by combining the infamous Peyote Purple with their own Critical Kush. Peyote Critical Seeds keep Critical's amazing yields, Kush's relaxed attitude & adds Peyote Purple's unique sweet flavour & soft colours. Mould resistance is extra high & these weed seeds are kind to beginners. What more could you want?
        • Peyote Critical Yields 650 gr/m2 Inside!
        • Very Hardy - High Potency
        • Aroma: Aged Wood & Sweet Coffee
        • Taste: Sweet & Earthy

With just 55 days of bloom, Barney's Farm Peyote Critical can do their thing to the tune or 650 gr/m2 of sugar-coated, purple-hued buds that're firm, heavy for their size and oozing with bag appeal. Their 80% Indica genetics shine through for a deep body buzz that's focused, calm and mentally up. What you waiting for?

This is my fav strain and has been for a year or so. As you know my headspace gets rocky. This is my go to for those times, very soothing but uplifting and gives me the chuckles but really helps with my headspace edginess I get, takes it down a few notches. Lovely lass to grow and like desertdan, I`d reckon you`d grow a blinder if you had a crack at her...she`s the one I turn to when I`m not good in myself. I`ve grown stronger-LSD is pretty wicked at the moment as well as Mind Can`Trol but she still gives a hefty kick, smooth flavoursome smoke though munchies and dieting can clash a bit....should be on a commission for Barneys...
        Grow wise she`s robust and easy to train but can finish very quickly I`ve noticed
        Hope that helps
        Last edited by PaganRich; 07-16-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks may give her a try next go.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich
          Daytime or nighttime?

I bought a bag of seed, was looking at the effects, but was aware you had given the strain a thumbs up 😁

They are in the vault (ok, mylar envelope in the dairy compartment of the refrigerator, behind the shortening 😁)

Somebody showed Mrs Lurking the list of seeds, and she has decided we are focusing on sativas, for their effects (who knows what will fall into water next - bwahahahacoughcoughcough)

Glad to see you getting your hands wet, as much as the smoke helps, the growing eases my mind

subbed

wishing you (and yours) green thoughts

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          LurkingInTheGrass Both mate, it`s got a kick but it`s not as strong as GG4 from what I can make out...it`s a lovely smoke, mellow but uplifting and makes me chuckle. Very good overall for headspace and nice buzz...it`s not weak by any means but allows you to function daytime and nice end of day, feet up jobby as well. Also, quick finisher and grower friendly, fair wack of side branches and the buds are tight and dense...of all the strains, this by far is the one I would grow if I could only grow one...headspace issues? Very, very helpful. Anyone would think I`m on a commission Likewise mate I hope you an your mrs are mellow and well

It`s bloody hot over here...currently 32C and man alive I`m dying. Got 9 seedlings going and managing to keep the heat around 30-31 with a break coming tomorrow and temps dropping back down to a more reasonable 23.
        I have applied a neem spray last week and will do weekly throughout veg and early flowering. I added a bit of insecticide soap to help adhere. I also used a light feeding compost tea but it`s very light.
        Pic 1 shows Red Diesel which is cruising along very nicely
        Pic 2 and 3 shows Peyote Critical...I topped her last week as growth was strong and wondered how she`d do without waiting til growth reached the 6th node and then chop back to 3rd so I went and topped just after 3rd. She handled it well (Pic 2) so I took off growth below today and took 2 cuttings which I have started off for further plants (Pic 3). All in all, not bad...happy so far and curious to see how she will respond to trimming

Comment

Looking good my friend.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Love this song. https://youtu.be/MRa5BWOOGZM

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as my headspace goes I've found that Black Widow helps me alot. Black Widow is actually the true and original white widow. When the original breeder left he changed the name from White Widow to Black Widow. And it works amazing as far as my paranoia, ptsd, stress, and constant worrying about others goes.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Spidermite I`ve made a note and will hunt that strain over here mate cos that sounds really helpful for me that one. Cheers for the call mate-good shout and a beaut of a song...I thought Hole`s version of Over The Edge was pretty damn hot as well-good call mate

Great color and a great start.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

My veg tent runs a MH and it`s hot in there so powered up the Vipars-been looking for an excuse-and it`s still 32C say 90f in my main tent but the weather`s broken and storms are riding in so expecting tent temps to fall below 30 coming day or 2. Got great airflow in there and reckon they`re be mellow til things adjust a bit. Very blue though...lovely colour...so, got Bud Bud Bling Tingz, Delhi Friend, Red Diesel, Peyote Critical and Gorilla Breath in there and cuttings rooting so a positive start and if I get mites again I will just shut down this time, no long term battles this time but hopefully the little f##kers have gone on holiday

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pots look real cool in their risers - I can see why you aren't growing outdoors, it looks so barren. Hehehe - my guess is Nepal.

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 Years ago I was in the northern part of the Scottish highlands and it kind of reminds me of that...it was pretty...erm...bleak...that would be the polite term

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X