Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup "I've done the same things many times." About you saying cats can take soooo long to kill prey LOL

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You lost me there. Cats are slow killers...

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup …….WHAT you a slow killer hmmm very interesting. Now Meesta we should all take a lesson in supporting what a shame we grow such heavy armed ladies I know i'm going to get a shorter more squat wider container next summer. I'm done with the taller containers, summer is becoming more windy in my area it seems?? I really thought I had prepared but not the case. I will be next season. I'm gonna wire cage them and bamboo spread. We are taking off for a couple days and they got me concerned cause of falling over being top heavy so i'm placing them behind a chicken coop which blocks the wind. Not in sun but safe from wind. My greenhouse is not large enough to hold 4 more plants I have 2 in there now along with my soil tote and containers. I had them under ezup but they still need more sun on top only use that when it rains. Well you have a fun chore ahead, if we were neighbors i'd help you trim those plants, take your time. Have a great weekend were going salmon fishing, it's smoking/canning time of year.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it's always been so strange to me that cats can take soooo long to kill their prey... I've done the same thing many times.

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so glad that you have the same thought process as I did!

Yea, there was no way I coulda brought myself to do it. Killing rodents/birds that Nala brings me is a different story. If she's maimed them bad enough, I'll end their misery.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The mantis is a beauty, and it's a good thing you didn't clip wings; I can't imagine how bad the karmic backlash would have been!!!

This is the exciting time!! The girls look fantastic!!! I hope no branches broke on you!

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Good news everyone! Plants are looking healthy, aside from a small spot of WPM, or accidental nutrient drip. Either or, it's been cut away and I purchased 'Serenade'(organic disease control) for worst case scenario.

A coworker was flippin through a new unit of white oak, found a large praying mantis and called me over. Took 'em home and released among the WW ladies. I had thought of clipping their wings, but couldn't bring myself to do it. This beauty has since moved on, but what fun! Super docile around me, nearly walked up my arm as I let it go!

So, dealt with the accidental burn by flushing with water, then next watering flushing with 'FF Sledgehammer', followed by another regular watering, and we're back on track! WW ladies are now only receiving 'Cha-Ching' and 'Bembe' every other watering, getting closer everyday!

My hands shake a bit, but I'm proud of the picture I was able to take with the loupe. Getting cloudy, no amber as of yet, to my dismay. I have taken today and tomorrow off (PTO filled out a month or so ago) with the idea I'd be chopping a lady down. Looks like at the very least another week.

Learning more as they grow, at this point recognizing in the future I'll want to support branches more. I'm proud of the shapes these ladies have taken, however there are areas that need improvement. Live and learn! With my free time I'm sure I'll update again soon. Thanks for stopping by y'all!
    🤘😎 - Meesta

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good Friday Meesta we had heck of a storm role through here from about 11pm on too 3am. Wind, pounding rain and lots of lightning was a great show. Warm and humid. Say..I've done over fed a few times, happens as times are shortening till harvest and the action slows on ripening. Some tolerate it being misfed better than others I've notice. My cookie strain never showed the burn but yes one of my WW did show burnt tips. I don't worry neither as it will get a good flush or two before the next feed. I also did last of my defoil on the largest fans and a few misfit leaves. My ezup is ready as temps/weather becomes more unstable. I'm thinking another month on 3 of mine. 6wks on another 2 and for the sake of stubborn freakin Gorilla Bomb is just now showing preflower. I'd set that off away because of the lanky/leaf ratio really looked like it was going male. She's pretty wimpy on the branches more "olive oil" than " Popeye" she's gonna have to go into greenhouse for sure.
    Hang in there, i'm getting antsy too it's the fall got that harvest itch

• Dude
    replied
    Sorry about the grammar, I've given up with autocorrect, it seems to think sentences sound better screwed up like that.. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Dude
    replied
    I'm glad Mother Nature was kind to you and it was enjoyable. So now the rush begins on Monday for ya. Back to school. It's really good that you're a job you love so much, hopefully I'm correct with that. Probably shouldn't can it a job, being a teacher is more of a life choice so more like career I would think. Anyways good to hear that all is well. Hey, did you read the article this am about the THCV? If not here ya go.

​https://news.weedmaps.com/2019/09/wh...thing-in-weed/

​​​​​​Hope you enjoy the article, I did.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    We had a beautiful tropical storm yesterday all day as the system passed over us: mild breezes, small amounts of rain, cool and quiet, Very pleasant. Nothing like hurricane Matthew in Oct 16 that left me without power for a week.

• Dude
    replied
    Good to hear ya Altatup. How's the weather?

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Meesta, it's not surprising, because you're in tune with the girls. If they were in serious trouble, you'd have jumped right on it. You're as opposite as you can be of a neglectful grower.

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    Yessir! I did add some Mycorrhiza (per recommendation of my bud who works at the local nursery) as well as a watering with 'Grandma's Unsulfured Molasses' on Sunday.

Adding Mycorrhiza wasn't something I had planned to do, nor had I researched it before. Gonna take a step back and slow my roll and return to my knowledge base, 🤘😎.

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    If it has continued/gotten worse I plan to flush the two out this evening. It's a regular water day, so I may just end up pushing an extra gallon or two and proceed the course.

Local Ace Hardware had FF 'Sledgehammer' last time I was there. I might grab one on my way home from work and try out a proper flush. These ladies are getting close to their two-three week planned flush anyways, so I'm surprisingly not as concerned as I normally would be.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X