Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    Right! Thank you, terminology...gotta dive into one of them grow books here soon 🤦‍♂️

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Calyxes

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Snapped a shot as I got home today. Plants seem happy, plenty for them to drink still...been a bit windy, was hard to find the mantids. While I was looking I noticed more defined pre-flowers coming in. Gave me a little scare (as it had done a few weeks ago when pistils started popping) thinking they'd started their flower cycle a month early.

If my knowledge serves me right, I know to not worry...but there's this plant I keep smoking that gives me second thoughts! I'd like to ask those who stop by; I need not worry, right? Thank you for your time, I do appreciate it! 😎🤘

-Meesta

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Bleepin gentrification....

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup it is pretty quiet around these parts. Although gentrification is changing the people who are living here, the space hasn't changed, yet.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    It's very pretty where you live!!!!! Looks nice and quiet.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Big leaves!

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, fun! Succulents are great though! So easy, I've got a lot of Jade here around the yard that I've been digging up and potting for the deck.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    We went into town early sat. to our farmers market bought my blueberries and some really pretty red succulents to mix with my others. All my oriental lilies are blooming and my dahlias are close behind. I hate going to work Monday

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    😅 Haha, thank you! 🤘

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Today has been a lovely day. Keep wandering into my little gardening corner and getting those happy feels, just need a camping hammock to throw down.

Gave myself a little work, stopped by Home Depot and increased my watering can to person ratio, we're a 12:1 now. Also, picked up some containers and pots for new marigolds and peppers, on top of potting the tomato plants from my sister into containers.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    LOL great write up.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    LOL@Canuck147 chatty smoke.

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Woohoo, that long winded speech...hmm, not making any promises it won't continue.

We had left off with the larger plants, the three WW. Same principle as before transplanting, just a little pruning of leaves that would otherwise end up in the dirt. Also, I've learned you can get fabric pots with Velcro! I'd spend money on that to save me from burning it here, I cut my 7gal bags wide open! Ah, live and learn. These ones took more time (and soil!) but were just as easy. Well, they take a lot of water too..a lot. 😅.

For all these transplants I was giving a small dose of nutrients. I have been using FoxFarm liquid nutes, at this specific point giving 'Big Bloom', 'Wholly Mackerel' and 'Boomerang'. All at 1/2 strength, which is quite easy to mix up in 2gal cans.

After being released from their twist ties, and finishing up-potting everyone, they're reaching out for the sun and blowing in the breeze! Happy today, I do hope it continues. Once I do my first or second round of watering, I'll wait a day and then continue with LST.

Final note: As I was sweating yesterday a new batch of mantids hatched! This was great because I think I scared a lot of them off in the transplant process.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, Velcro...I know for next time! 😂

Reading up on all the auto grows, I'm tempted..was thinking of being a more seasonal grower, just get a better head start next year. Perpetual auto harvest sounds nice though!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X