No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

currently unemployed or perpetually underemployed (depending on what who's in office is calling it) college prof
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What's SouthSD????

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry, SouthSierraDude

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't tell me you're literature too???!!!!

Retired for 1 1/2 years from commercial real estate and development. Don't miss it one bit!! Loving life!!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

I think this job is cool Shit.....turning an under ground car park into apartments and storage...just stopped by here to check on them and caught them all burning a fatty...DAMN'T...I missed out on half of it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161223-150327.png
Views:	264
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	32217

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I wished I had a boss like you.

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Super!!!!

• insomniaczzz
        insomniaczzz commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool!

Comment

• StickyFingers
        StickyFingers commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey dontknownuttin, Merry Christmas. Hope all is well with you and yours. I had a friend back then that owned a headshop in Sacramento, CA. He was also partners with his Dad in a wholesale paraphernalia business. They manufactured the Big Bambu album and the giant rolling paper. He was proud of that. He eventually made so much money from his enterprises that he sold everything off, bought a couple thousand acres in N. CA and vanished. Don't know what ever happened to him. Still love Cheech and Chong. Thanks for the memory.

Self employed.......my office--- 93 Pete 425 cat, 18speed, 925000 miles. ZOOM-ZOOM Click image for larger version

Name:	262[1].JPG
Views:	330
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	32476

Comment

• Royal Nugs
        Royal Nugs commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet rig!

I am a college prof. I gotta say that some of the stupidest folks I have ever known in my life have PhDs. It's like what LuckyAcres posted above: a lot of them are elitist snobs who think they are better than others with "less education." But there are infinite forms of education, and some of the smartest folks I've ever known never even graduated high school.

I draw, too: old hippie mandalas...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I just looked it up, and it's what I've been trying to say for a long time but I didn't know about Gardner. The whole "standardized test, IQ" thing is so freakin limited in what it tests!! I have definitely seen extraordinary forms of intelligence in so many of my students, but they aren't good at taking a grammar test. And all of the bureaucratic minds that want to pigeon-hole intelligence into one little box want to maintain the hierarchy that puts one kind of intelligence at the top--all the others below, inferior...

• insomniaczzz
        insomniaczzz commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful Mandala. I used to design them using a digital program on the computer.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks insom!!! (I'm glad you shaved the beard off your avatar!!!!!)

Drugs are my life ! (retired pharmacist).

Some old men practice tai chi - to keep flexible.
      ​​​​​​​I practice "Japanese Rope Art" -(google it) but can not post pics of my passion.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        "Drugs are my life": I like that! I like it A LOT!!!

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        Tersky- Yes.

• StickyFingers
        StickyFingers commented
        Editing a comment
        Fascinating hobby (?) Weed Pharma. I saw some beautiful photos online. Never heard of Shibari. My wife does Shibori, which is a Japanese method of tying bundles of cloth with string and then dyeing the cloth. Amazing colors and patterns can be achieved. Sounds like your hobby is much more fun than my wife's. Have to talk to her...

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
      Self employed.......my office--- 93 Pete 425 cat, 18speed, 925000 miles. ZOOM-ZOOM [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32476[/ATTACH]
      I hope the D.O.T. health check and drug test works out for ya. I was a full time driver for 35 years gave it all up for weed and a rich woman. I do ok even AFTER Greens cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
        I think this job is cool Shit.....turning an under ground car park into apartments and storage...just stopped by here to check on them and caught them all burning a fatty...DAMN'T...I missed out on half of it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32217[/ATTACH]
        That's super cool Doc! You would have gotten a kick out of me trying to build a grow box yesterday. I made all kinds of goofy girl mistakes!
        Like forgetting to put a board down the middle for my lights to hang from, then cutting my last long board too short by 2 inches...no biggie...I'll just add a 2 inch board across on one end to fix that...oh wait, I covered up where the legs need to go on that end...no biggie...I'll just cut out for them to fit...oh wait, I cut on the wrong side of the screw holding my board on!!!
        I predrilled bolt holes cause it wouldn't fit in the door if I put it together first...and somehow several of the holes wouldn't match up anyways to spite being premarked as to where they went. ??? Still haven't figured out how that happened.
        Last edited by rwdyredhead; 12-24-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          U go girl. Goofy girl mistakes are good.

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good...nothing wrong with being a do it yourselfer...

When your build is done you will be totally cheesed and happy with yourself...can't wait to see it

30 jobs in 44 years. Pick apples to oil field construction. Currently employ 20 in my restaurant. Ready to move on.

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Create a dispensary then hire all us as your growers!!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent plan, Furry!!!!!

Originally posted by Soilscience View Post
        I think that at some point they loose track of the value of a given amount of money. Once they are out of touch with it any amount can sound like a lot or a little. They can become paranoid of being "ripped off", but never really know when or if it happens. Really makes them into monsters.
        Amen to that. Last month someone was complaining to me about some $350 gutter cleaning quote ($150 more expensive that the previously hired cie) and wouldn't hire them out of principle (she thinks she's being ripped off because of her home address) and within 5 minutes goes off at length how they're going to spend Thanksgiving in NYC and meet their kids there who go to college in Maine (we're on the west coast mind her). Kinda looked at her, are you for fucking real? Now, they're good to me, they like my work and I have great socio-political conversations with her but as much as she'd like to believe she's in touch with the world, she's on a whole different level of thinking and appreciation of what the real world is like. She might have known but she doesn't no more. I gently remind her once in a while...

Then there is the college educated crowd form of social "racism"(for lack of better word). Had a friend once blatantly announce that people who don't go to college are lazy. Once he realized who he was talking to and remembered the conditions that kept me from furthering my school education he stumbled with a "well, your conditions were different". Ah yeah how about the other lazies, what's their fucking story?!?!?

Very similar stigma that us ganja smokers inherited from society right? You smoke weed, you're lazy and most likely a criminal. This society and its 2 party system has us pitted against each other on so many levels it's ridiculous. We all want the same thing right? Leaders we can trust, a roof, a job, healthcare, sex, food, reliable ways of transportation and communication and yet every election, and this one was probably one of the worse for that, here we go again, blue vs red, poor vs rich, blacks vs whites, christians vs muslims, you know the drill, it's fucking horrible. It's democracy I'm told.

Tomorrow is Christmas, not a religious holiday for me, more like family gathering, watching my kids eyes sparkle, and chilling at home. From what i hear good Christians are supposed to put their weapons down for the day tomorrow, maybe they'll forget to pick them up Monday morning...

Peace and love to all everygoddamnday!
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          "Social racism": I like that, Lucky. So many people looking for some way to make sure that they can put others in a "lower" category: I'm thinner than her, my biceps are bigger than his, I make more money, I went to an ivy league school, my religion is the one true religion, blah blah blah. My bumper stickers say God bless everyone; No exceptions and Just Say No to Negativity. I'll smoke to that.

Telecommunications technician.

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the community! Have fun and don't stay a lurker for too long! Get to growing!!

NebulaHaze SiriusFourside what do you guys do?
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Army medic, accidental IRS employee. I wrestled insane murderers in a state mental hospital for most of my working career. After I retired I managed a retail nursery until my redneck boss pissed me off one final time. My wife and I also ran our own wholesale cactus nursery as a sideline for a number of years.
          The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Lama

Comment

retired metal fabricator,and retired dirt modified race car driver,veteran

Comment

• ignatfoo
              ignatfoo commented
              Editing a comment
              Retired Sheet Metal Worker here.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X