No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was for a great number of years a broadcast engineer, but evolved into a social parasite. One of those useless eaters!

Comment

Retired from the Canada Border Services Agency. Joined Customs and Excise in 1982 and worked downtown Vancouver at Marine then 12 years at Vancouver International Airport then16 years at the Canada/US border. Management didn't like me much cuz I wasn't enforcement minded enough. Now my wife and I are pensioners.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Canucks! I wonder if that was you that let me cross the border to see family in Vancouver without my passport in 2009??!! I'm from the South and when he asked how someone with my accent had family in Vancouver, I told him my Mom was from Britannia Beach and he let me through. I guess he thought I must be familiar with the area when I said Britannia Beach and not Vancouver! 😆

For 26 years I worked in the Data Center of a local School District. We processed everything from paychecks to report cards, and everything in between. My main function was writing programming code (I'm talking old school IBM languages - mostly RPGIII with a little COBOL thrown in for the business / accounting department. But I also filled in as data entry, running the printers and system backup when needed. It was a fun, but sometimes stressful job. (Think system crash).

Now I run an eBay store which is nice because I can hide all my listing when I'm out of town, list as much or as little as I want. Total situational control.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally want to open an eBay store when I retire!!!

I run a crew of ten..we rehab big multi unit apartment buildings....down to the studs and remodel as I see fit...currently working on a 24 plex....I am responsible for everything....we hire no subs...ever...for anything...I've hand selected my ten to cover all basis...never run out of work...overloaded actually....gotta smoke the weed just to be able to think about all of it....lol

Started out as a floorcoverer's helper when I was 13...bought it off him when I was 17...ran that for close to 17 years...ran five vans with two people each....pulled work from every floor store in a 50 mile radius....went to school for updates and then got paid to travel a bit and teach new install techniques for all new product......that was cool....carpet layers got the good weed!!! Economy crashed and sold out to take my current position....don't miss it at all....it made me who I am......a dick...lol

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome dude. Here is to all the dicks of the world. Inhale, hold, exhale, pass on, repeat.

Really fun thread. Thanks to all that are willing to post. I've given a like to everyone, and I mean it sincerely.

Comment

Retired. 34 years at VA Hospital. First half of career, I was a Medical Technologist in Microbiology. Second half, I was systems administrator in the IT department.

Comment

Retired since 2010. I spent 15 years in the cotton ginning industry and 26 years in industrial manufacturing and design engineering.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Originally posted by furrysparkle View Post
            this thread is great, i'm a pizza delivery driver at a small pizza place... But there's a dispensary opening a grow warehouse so i've been badgering them!
            why not delever both pizza and weed. After all they do kinda go together.

Comment

• insomniaczzz
              insomniaczzz commented
              Editing a comment
              what a clever idea.

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Kinda looks like oregano....

Retired BMET ( repair and calibrate medical equipment ) Started my own shop the local hospital, worked there 9 years. Then for the V.A. in three different hospitals through 32 years. Benn free of the random urine test for four years.

Comment

a tradesman for the most part. never been the type of guy to stay in one place for too long. had a couple of warehouse jobs that lasted close to 2 years each, but having to go the same place everyday sucks balls. in trades you're never in one place for too long. worn many different hats over the years, heavy equipment, plumbing, roofing to name a few. currently floating between warehouse work through a temporary staffing agency, roofing and tree cutting.

Comment

Fun thread. I get to play with counting and depositing lots of cash from a bustling retail operation. Definitely a contrast to my love of outdoors and growing. $100 bills seem so impersonal after a while! 😄
                Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
                Recent grows...
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
                http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• rockman
                  rockman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smells nowhere as nice as a well cured bud! 🎅🎅🎅

• furrysparkle
                  furrysparkle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And in my view has less value than even a gram of great weed.

• DW2
                  DW2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  'But I'd like to get to know them, if I could...'

plowed snow for dot winter seasosnal and retired soon as I could for the year round medical. summer ive been and still fish commercial salmon. now my winter seasonal is growing pot not for a living but to make living more fun

Comment

This is fun. Keep them coming.

Comment

1984 to 1990 Army. Currently a kiln fireman. Many other jobs over the years. Do taxidermy on the side.

Comment

High School Instructor.....Auto...This is cool to see all the different area's that we are all from

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X