No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All, Navy Veteran (Electrician), Electronics Technician (Muti-Million Equip), Self-Employed Also (Owner of a custom garment & product company). Like to call myself a modern day renaissance man, haven't tried much I'm not good at!!

This is my first post and plan to make a formal intro in a few. I'm currently a little over 60 days in my first grow. I have a journal that I am planning on posting also.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome, omega!!! Glad to have you here!! I'm also around 60 days on my second grow. Looking forward to your journal, etc.!!!

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      oh my god, a real live electrician?!? you are gonna be so sorry you signed up, omega! ; )

• omegamatrix420
      omegamatrix420 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I work with PLC's currently (Electronic Control Panels). I'm working on a fully automated perpetual grow using raspberry pi's and audrino's. Just in the think it out stages so far. Should be moving 2nd qtr of 17' want it for the new place.

Welcome to the herd omega. From one vet to another.

Comment

Nav Vet. Semi-retired/full time student.
    SSD

Comment

• South Sierra Dude
      South Sierra Dude commented
      Editing a comment
      Eng/Amr.

• South Sierra Dude
      South Sierra Dude commented
      Editing a comment
      I was an engineer in software development but changed careers late in life.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Not ever too late!! We should all have multiple careers: move on to the next when we get sick/grow out of what we're doing.

to all the vets, those who have posted and those who may be lurking....thank you for your service. i am NOT trying to start a political discussion, so please don't read that into this. but i just wanted to say i feel very strongly that our (US) government has seriously failed you, esp from about desert storm onwards with it seemingly getting worse and worse, on everything from acknowledging PTSD, much less treating it, to the clowntastic way the VA is managed, and seemingly no plan for reintegration/post-service job training and assistance. it's just *shameful*.

so i just wanted you, whoever you are, to know that for whatever it may be worth to you....
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more except to say the government failure started sooner. I have first hand experience with Vietnam but Korea also jumps to mind.

Thanks bobsakamoto. I was a sorry soldier. I was in trouble with somebody every day from the day I went in until the day I got out, but I did my time. I've got no bitch with the VA. They have a great many vets to care for and not enough money or personnel to do it at the level we all would like it to be done. My local VA clinic has great people working there, doing the best they can with the resources they have. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Lama

Comment

Bump.........

Comment

Comment

God, what would we do without DKN?
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

General Contractor: Fire & Water Mitigation & Restoration

"Jack of all trades, master of none"
            CANCER?.....CHONIC PAIN?.....TYPE II DIABETES?.....PTSD?.....ARTHRITIS?
            "If your not Tacking, your not healing"

Comment

30 years in the telecommunication industry. Retired 15 glorious years ago. I love my current gig...; ) The kids call me greenthumbs now

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome sag. From one Tip and Ring nerd to another.

Wow so many different jobs, some very interesting !!

I am a safari guide in Africa, and if anyone ever wants to come and drive/walk around in the bush, enjoying the wildlife and nature, give me a shout
              Last edited by Ingwe; 01-08-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, that has to be the most unusual job on here so far. I wish I could take you up on your offer.

• Saturn
                Saturn commented
                Editing a comment
                wow - that's just about a dream job isn't it? which quarter of africa (if that's ok to ask - north, south, east or west is specific enough )

• Ingwe
                Ingwe commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it is a dream job, but only for some, this is a job you do out of passion. But man if you love nature africa is amazing ! Your mind is blown daily !
                I'm in the southern quarter

usually a speech therapist in rehab hospitals - right now having time off to look after the family (and produce RSO God willing)
              it's cool!
              nice to meet y'all

Comment

After the Army went back to school and ended up in I.T. for 25 years. The only thing i miss about it is the money. Did multiple things for little money until Uncle Sam decided I was disabled (after tons of doctors and paperwork). Don't work anymore and love every minute of it. The money would be nice though lol.
                It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
                Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
                Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

Worked factory jobs since I was 18 currently make sandbags

Comment

Lots of new posts since I last checked. Such a diverse group brought together by one common denominator.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X