No announcement yet.

Time to show your grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I start seeds I use the paper towel method I stick them on my cable box and check them every 4 hours , I missed my before bed check Monday night and the towel dried out damn damn damn 9 seeds down the drain I have one that might still be ok but everything else dried up ,I hate when that happens well at least I can pick some more out today
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Shit, sorry brother. That's still gotta hurt a little. I'm glad to hear that you're mustering your shit, and getting ready to keep moving.

I too have stopped with the paper towel method, even though I enjoy actually seeing the root with my own eyes. I broke a couple taproots while planting them. I figure it's better to plant them before the taproot is exposed and vulnerable to clumsiness.

Now I soak the seeds in a shot glass for 12-24 hours, or until they sink without me poking it. Then I set the seed in either an Earth Plug (like a rapid rooter) or jiffy pellet in my trusty Costco Rotisserie Chicken Cloning Tray on a seedling mat, and have to have faith that the little helmet head will poke out in a few more days. I've also planted directly in soil with excellent results as @ FunkyButtLovin says.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Y'all saw that space alien crap I was doing with the straws, yeah? I'm not talking about sprouting and plugging like I did. You can use a straw to scoop up the paper towel seedlings. You can drop them in a hole in the soil without hurting a thing. If the roots go crooked, I have tweezers. A set of cheap ones from the Dollar type store. Bend the tips a little bit and I can pick up a seed without worrying about swishing it.
      But that sprouting and plugging straw grown seeds is probably my next thing. Sprouting in a soil stuffed straw works great. Keeps it from falling over in the first stretch. No root damage when going to pot. They just grow out of the straw if a slit is run the length of it. You can have a tap root a few inches long when you plug. My Solo cup contestants are my thesis on the subject.

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I mess up all the time when germinating. It is so frustrating

On the left I've got a Black Cherry/Jelly Breath cross. Reg seed so no idea on gender yet. On the right is a fem Tropical Storm from Savage Genetics. Day 2 since switching to 12/12. Have been plagued by pests and atmosphere issues. Prob PH issues too, but I'm optimistic that I'm through the worst of it.
    Fingers crossed for two girls!!

Comment

Morning or Afternoon depending " where you at " 1st pic is Durban poison auto 71days from seed she's being flushed can you tell? 2nd pic Berrry Ryder auto she's still filling out but slowing down I gave her the last of the ph/molasses drink this a.m. few days start flushing her. I like her cola last time I measured it was 7" could be taller now. 3rd. pick is looking down at the plants in the 4x4.

I have some photos 3 in there that are now on 12/12 FYI newbies (put that in yer calendar helps ) I also mark calendar when I see first sign of pre flower ( read about that one newbies) help to identify flower time length towards the end, give general idea of how long she's taking to finish. 4th pick is Mango training she's bottom left of tent pic.

Took me 1hr to get these photos up so no more wasted day for me. It's beautiful outdoors here today gotta go wash outside windows now LOL can't sit inside for long enjoy everyone.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying to find room to run that Durban Auto seed you gave me. Now I'm going to push something out of the way.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice SoOrbudgal, I like the fall colors mixed in with the veg plants. thats a loaded stem in #2 pic.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that Golden Girl in the middle of the green.

Thank you for the complements I took a large bud off the Durban it's on the hanger drying just a little taste in a few days. Sure is sticky smells wonderful in the upstairs LOL.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been enjoying the buds from this harvest. Very, very nice body buzz. You did an outstanding job with this one, Budgal.

Just took down this Lemon Skunk autoflower at 94 days and it was still wanting to stack but I stopped feeding it a couple weeks ago and now she pretty much stopped drinking and didn't have many good fans to keep her going strong. I also wanted the room it was taking up under the light so down she came and when I turned her upside down I found resin droplets like this formed on her underside. I'm excited to try this one!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200227_164958.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	379562
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200227_222601.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	379563

Comment

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        Whaaaaat?! I’ve never seen that before!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats cool

Day 45 for this sativa dominant - Maui - is the strain - 2 gallon pot - 32 inches tall. Kitchen pic with my solo cup entrant - they are both about the same age - 45 days up. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_092306.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	379870Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_092320.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	379871Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_092330.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	379872Click image for larger version

Name:	20200229_092913.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	379873
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you have me looking for my scissors! I try and hide them from myself (g)

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking like she's going to be a producer.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        very nice I have some Maui seeds I'm planing on doing outside this year

Chop day for the gelat og. This is the first bud off the first branch I cut. It's going to be a busy day!

Comment

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done. They look tasty.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Smell it nearly thru the screen just looks sticky good

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks everyone. It smells so good in my house right now. Had to take a break. I'm only half way through trimming one plant and I've been at it for 4 hrs. Oh the price we pay lol

Just over 6 weeks old. Way way way healthier than my first grow. I'm so excited. Hasn't gone perfect but they've been doing well. They've been stretching pretty good and starting to make bud sites, exciting times.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2545.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	380016Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2539.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	380017 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_98432.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	380018

Comment

Havent flipped the lights yet(testing a new timer for a few days before i do). The photo AK's are holding nicely, even the three stooges(3 in a pot)..i'll defoliate them again before i flip. The auto GG#4 and auto Cheese are doing fabulous. Super bending is working better than i expected. Buds are reaching for the lights... Solo is putting along.. Last but not least...i have this freak show(Quarter pounder Auto). its been a struggle from the start, so im thinking root issues or genetic. it hated nitrogen..lol. its been flushed and nutes adjusted many times..going on its third water/flush. Ph'd water+cal/mag. Its a really weird plant...lots of even number leaves, most sugar leaves are 1 only. The leaves are sticky like glue. and stinky(a good stinky) The buds look like their gonna be large for the size plant but they also look strange..she forms big balls before popping open to show flowers.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

I have been raising the lights 2 inches a day for a week now we are in full stretch , 10 days till week 3 defoliation ,I cant wait they are calling me now lol

the 4th and 5th picture someone please tell me I'm wrong ,but I think im seeing pre balls

and a couple of the dark devil they are filling out nicely they have 4 or 5 weeks left ,they already have that smell that makes your head spin just from a whiff lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            It does look like some pre-balls in your last pic, bwdik..

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are male parts for sure, the 5th pic is clear enough to make a positive ID. If it's oval or oblong, has 4 evenly spaced lines or creases running end to end and is growing on it's own tiny little branch it's dude stuff, if it's bulbous or looks like a scorpion's tail, spits out a hair and is firmly attached to the crotch of the node, you've got lady bits.
            Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 03-01-2020, 10:24 AM.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            a few more days just to be positive but ya I think it is a male so influencing the sex didn't work on this one lol

My very first auto grow and doesn't seem like I'm doing anything right..? It's a white widow not sure from which seed bank 5 or 6 weeks old it's about one foot tall and looks like she's starting to change 18/6 light schedule in a 3 gal pot with organic dry amendments just don't know what's up ??

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good from here, the WW(A) I did was to only get 18" tall and she did that. She started flowering at 21 days.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Greengringo these autos are for me hit and miss for what's normal? What you have could be dwarf/stunted but I don't really know why I've yet to figure out what stalls them. I've got 2 ready to harvest all I can say is I did not handle them much at all this run maybe it's why I am going to get maybe 2oz off my biggest. And all your setup is same nearly as mine I just figure keep on growing them I am improving with them so i'm happy just need to keep practicing with these.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            could it be a photo

Lemon slushie started showing signs of male parts..so down he/she came.

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I'm of the mind set now of wait a little longer and see (a poster here mentioned it first). Pinch the balls and wait to see confirmation with them appearing elsewhere on the plant stem. I'm beginning to think due to all the breeding/crossbreeding for female and auto seeds(a million new breeder entrants in to the market),that the hermie trait could be hidden in many plants that may never even show balls or very few during the grow. But I'm no botanist either (g)
            Last edited by GreenState; 03-01-2020, 08:03 AM.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            The next step in evolution for MJ is to become self pollinating, and feminizing along with sloppy genetics has pushed that forward 1000 years! I just killed a hermie, my donation to the future of MJ!

Sure why not GreenState

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Good morning GreenState couldn't agree with you more..I also trimmed the balls off which wasn't many..well I transferred to flower a week later everything is going fine second week in flower wake up one morning and did my inspection before I start my day of work and low and behold the freaking plant had budlets starting to form and also sacks all over the plant so on that note I had to take action..idk..it was supposed to be feminized seeds but I did cut clones so I'm gonna try some things different to see what the issue and cause could of been on my part?? I'm thinking plant is hyper sensitive to light I have a small heater and never thought of blocking the light BUT my 2 pineapple exp never had any issues..so confused at times.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              when I used a heater I had it turned around away from the plant seemed to do the trick

Rwise I'm doing my part as well.thats why I don't trust seed banks and their freebies..yah right.maybe I need to push out more positive energy..idk..maybe don't trust was being to harsh.. positive thoughts.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              The freebies I have got have been great, Rusty Glue, Bruce Banner 3, last order came with Super Skunk, hoping for more BB3 with the current order. I avoid seeds that say "an accident in the grow room", at least for the first couple of years, I have GG4 on the way, that was one of those accidents.
              When I do create feminized seed, I never use a natural hermie!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X