Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    Black plastic pots are problematic in that regard, especially if you put them on concrete, pretty much guarantees a dead plant..They love the shade though and it's easy to shade them especially with a nice size plant in them.

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Decided to go with a "plan B" while I'm gone. We'll see how a $40 gamble pays off. Won't stop the caterpillars,aphids, mold etc.but...

• GreenState
    replied
    Goldenrod and milkweed out in full bloom now and of course monarch butterflies. Couple few hairs on the house/deck plant showing now.
    Shame her future is in doubt making it through Sept. on her own. dirtymike yes, that white tape helps immensely with container temp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5645.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	629191
    Last edited by GreenState; 08-16-2024, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dirtymike
    commented on 's reply
    That white tape is a good idea probably kept the roots from getting cooked. Nice plant

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Bowhunterwoody
    I agree, I'm shocked. Maybe the guys mowing my lawn watered it, don't know. I've been giving a healthy dose of neuts for the past couple of days (got back on the 1st), but it didn't have much die off at all, couple few leaves and that was it.
    Hope all is well with you, while I love the ocean it's nice to be back in the mountains!
    Last edited by GreenState; 08-05-2024, 08:39 AM.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    That's amazing! It sure got enough rain the last month. Everyday just about. Dew points in the 70s all month too. Looks nice and healthy.

• GreenState
    replied
    So I'm completely surprised. left to it's own devices for the entire month of July on my deck, my house plant survived.
    I expected a dried up shriveled stump (lol). I'll be here for a month and then gone again for the month of September
    and I doubt it will survive again. I didn't start this one until late spring hoping to keep it a reasonable size.
    Perhaps this is the key to success, plant it and forget it
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5626.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	628453

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    replied
    Bowhunterwoody Glad it worked out for the wedding and ya'll had a great time. The wedding party pretty much nailed peak foliage for scheduling.
    Shame it rained, but can't do anything about that. I saw out of the last 16 of the past nineteen weekends -it's rained. Looks like rain for this coming weekend as well.
    With the holiday weekend over it will be deadsville around here until ski season kicks off. My second home neighbors were up this past weekend,
    first time since there was snow on the ground! I'll bet they use the house 10-12 days total out of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Nice job, nice finish. You earned it. Was up in your fine state for a wedding this last Saturday in Springfield, rain held off for the ceremony and it was perfect. Top of a hill in a field with mountains all around. Soon as we went into the tent for the reception all hell broke loose but it was still a hell of a lot of fun. Everyone had mud past their ankles by the end but it was a blast. Your state is beautiful.

• GreenState
    replied
    Well folks, it's been a challenging grow season, what little of it we had. White widow is still hanging, but guess I'll
    come in with a total 8-9oz. I came into the season with an empty cupboard, so I'm thankful . Should be able to skip growing this winter, but
    probably if I do grow next spring it will be indoors.
    Like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter (lol). 58%/65 degrees
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4955.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	606810

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4959.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	606811

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Well see. After my GG4 disappointment I'm hoping to redeem myself with these last 2.
    Looks like a beautiful stretch of weather ahead....after tomorrow's rain! <g>.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I'm doing the plant shuffle also. The weather forecast has no rain, and sunny for the next 10 days. If that holds out things should finish nicely.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    GreenState. Sure wish I had the space. That's a great system to finish them. Nice big colas!

• GreenState
    replied
    First morning waking up to temps starting with a 3 handle, just barely, 39 <g>.
    The girls were tucked into their unheated room safe space and waking up to the warmth of 400watts of hps
    Sun is shining today though so they'll be happy to get outside I'm sure. (not much direct sunshine on the deck anymore, maybe 6 hrs)
    Getting much more cloudy trichs on the mystery girl now, couple ambers. When I do think shes ready, I'll wait another week! (lol)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.87 MB ID:	605861

Leave a comment:

• GreenState
    commented on 's reply
    Bowhunterwoody Looks like you got hit with some pretty good rain yesterday. Thankfully today looks nice.
    Hopefully the storm won't be to bad, not expecting much rain here, but high winds could be an issue.
    Plants are still fattening up nicely(90% white pistils still), our days above 70 degrees are numbered here now, low 40's tonight.
    This is one season I'll be happy to put in the books and be done with-I've had enough (lol).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X