No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving my new Perpetual Grow schedule with mother plants. It's like Christmas every three weeks.

Tahoe OG N420G seeds two weeks out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190401_020821.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	302440

Name:	20190401_015713.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	302441

Name:	20190401_015751.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	302443

And her clone, I didn't top this one for some reason so it looks like I'm grow a spiral.

Name:	20190329_223216.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	302442
    happy growing peeps.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      That's some pretty sweet bud Mr.furley ! I hope to be in your position with perpetual grows soon. It's a Goal to achieve !

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      nice mr furley a perpetual grow is a great idea just watch out for issues , Timing is the hardest thing to get right because of all the variables with growing pot ,you have 3 things to keep in time seedlings veg and bloom , a problem in any one will set you back .the reason I'm saying this is I ran into a huge ass ache , bloom was delayed 3 weeks and I already had the next and next going and they had to go an extra 3 weeks as well . So just be aware and plan for these issues and youll be fine good luck , I still have a veg area running with plants in it while doing bloom I have just learned to not time shit its, ready when its ready lol

Well here for a how do you do. I killed 10 plants after getting sick. All had buds, some massive, still cant get out of bed to go see them. I am crying and plan on buying some Pappy Van Winkle to mourn of you are close come cry qith me
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      If I was close, I'd tend your plants and smoke you up!
      Sorry to hear. Get well soon.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Mr.furley
      Hopefully, in our absence, Pappy will try to help you feel better (and/or get some sleep 💤)

Green (and healthy) thoughts

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys

...HAPPY WEDNESDAY TO ALL!!

my Things:

Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)
    50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
    56-70 days after germination

my Things are still standing, they slowed their (amber making) roll Sunday/Monday.
    • buds are still swelling (I was pleasantly surprised when I checked on them)
      • and ended up with a 'self super cropping' on Thing 1
        • totally my fault, for not doing anything to support her. the bud had been leaning. I think the wind must have had it bobbing up and down, and it just folded (because it was standing, when I left the room the night before )
    • trichomes are still going milky, have to really stop and focus to see the clear ones, don't have to hunt for them, just focus
    • fan leaves have been fading for the last week or two, but not so much in the last few days. since we are in the end of days, I have been taking fans, almost all the upper fans are gone, lots of lower fans left
    • reservoir TDS\EC hasn't been changing, I am going to draw some off, and top off with RO - try to pull TDS down to ~250-300 ppm

right now - I think they will still be standing on Saturday, therefor, they will have a regular update

Green Thoughts

Name:	ganjamon.gif
Views:	342
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	302583

Comment

Wish I was about to harvest thing 1 or 2 but this lady is about to be chopped. Just giving her a night or two in the closet first.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        Make her stand and think about what she is to become 😁😁

Pics at lights out

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        Colombo

😁 That is 2 colas - the main is still quite impressive

Yes, I got lucky. Despite my fumbling, they are making some dense, heavy frosty buds

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        really well done they look amazing

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking great.

A little to the left 😁😁

Comment

the girls were looking very nice yesterday so I started laying out the green house , I ran into a small problem the ground is still frozen lol, I'm putting down some 4x4s for the GH to sit on and to anchor it , under the 4x4s I'm going to install sauna tubes to anchor the 4x4s lol, The hardest thing about this GH is trying to keep it in place after its up
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i dont know if high winds are common there but here you have to mount them ready for 100mph freak straightline winds. Happens at least once a year here at least. Really hard to keep any prebuilt greenhouses up. But with a little work and some good old southern ingenuity they work great.

Ill bet your excited to increase your grow season oldjarhead100

Here is a start for this years spring/summer outdoor grow. These are the cannabis strains with .3%or lower thc but high cbd. It is legal with all the permits and restrictions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190404-112943_Facebook.jpg Views:	1 Size:	585.8 KB ID:	302694Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190404-112952_Facebook.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.6 KB ID:	302695

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          No wonder you never answer when I call. You have your ringtone almost muted 😁

Nice looking space
          What's the plan? Wall to wall SoG?

You have it aligned east - west? (Looking at the shadows)

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          That is just a temporary starting tent. They will all be going outside. Ill have to check the alignment. I cant remember. Lol

Here’s my two white widow autos. It’s about day 10 for them. They’ll be my indoor grow. My photos should be here tomorrow and I’ll get them started. I’ll be growing 2 original glue, 2 clarendon candy, and 2 iced grapefruit outdoors this year.

Comment

"SPRING/SUMMER GROW" Good by Winter and Hello Spring !!

Glad to be here fellow growers and participate in this event !

My outdoor grow will consist of 4 feminized Photo seeds, 1- California Snow, 1- Alaska Purple, 1- Gelato OG, 1- Super Citrus Haze. Along with them 4 Mystery Photo seeds,
          2 - from 2016 , 2 - from 25+ yrs ago, and 1 - Lemon Cuke Umber
          They are started in rooters with water and daylight sun. The grow will be all organic with just water until flower and then given Earth Juice Organics nutes in flower.
          I will be using "Just Natural" organic soil mixed with perlite 2 to 1 in 7 gal pots.
          I will add 2 autos in late spring, 1- Gorilla Glue and 1- White Cheez indoors. "LET THE FUN BEGIN" ! Good Growing to All !!
          Last edited by Colombo; 04-05-2019, 03:35 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Still dinking around with my Autos. I drove my girlies pretty hard, and had some nute burn, but flushed a few times so that is not an issue. The dominant problem is these two survivors of three are supposed to be GG4s. The third germinated without a tap root so entered mortality some months ago. However check out these pics of the main colas. These cannot even remotely be the same strain. The pistils have mostly darkened on the one I am assuming to be a GG4, but I am clueless on what strain the second is. Not really any of its pistils have darkened. It certainly is not a GG4. Could it possibly be a White Rhino Auto. I have grown White Rhino photos in the past, and the structure of this plant seems similar. What are your thoughts? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0226.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	302836Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0225.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	302837 Got the seeds from Seedsman, and reported the discrepancy. They of course blamed it on the breeder, but did award me some discount points on my next order.

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Colombo Both were directly beneath a CMH 315. They received identical amounts of light, were grown in the exact same medium with the same nutrients. They were germinated at the same time both being of the same age. The pistils on the second are no where near showing anywhere near harvest time while the first I could harvest right now, but will wait for 5 more days. The leaf structure and general macro appearance of the plants are entirely dissimilar. This is not a phenotype variation, but entirely different strains. At least they were both autos, but that is about it. Seedsman agrees with me. I sent them pics.

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              I would have to agree based on what you have stated. Another issue with seeds. It's a shame. I had an issue with offset lighting that slowed a plant growth that's why I asked. Still nice looking Buds though !

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Well thank you Colombo The top one should yield a bit more than a buzz. The other I will give a reprieve setting its chop date somewhere down the road.

I saw a friends gg4 auto grow and saw same thing not sure where he got seeds ill ask but out of the 4 he had all looked different. I think its in the strain I had a horrible time with those gg4 outside last yr they were photos but I'm not a fan of that strain

Comment

Yes and I know im speaking to the choir but remember that little things can affect the look, density, aroma, taste, and strength of every bud. One my have more air, or light, or just be friendlier causing them to grow different. Thats why I jar every plant by itself and label them all. Because even with clones they are a bit different at the final outcome.

Comment

Ok for those who were in the past auto showdown you know we started dec 1st, or at least I did. The plants took me about 100 days and 1 is being harvested today on 65 day claims from breeders. I topped those plants.

I started this one 65 days ago if Im looking at the right notebook. It is a MSNL Blue Tooth like thing 2 was in the growoff. I did zero training on this one. Apparently training slows them down alot but seriously increases yields. This one im guessing will yiled half of what her older sister did, but she finished on time. I did 5 this time of 5 different strains with zero training and they are all ready this week in under 70 days.

Attached Files

Comment

• Spidermite
                  Spidermite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was one of the plants that suffered through not being taken care of right at the end of its flower. It made it out with the least damage. But no idea what she would have done had she not gone through lack of water.

Hey everyone!

My harvest is finally dry! My Bubba Kush came in at 205.2g, or 7.32 oz. Very happy with this number! I absolutely love the taste of the Bubba, and it's the exact same taste as the last Bubba I grew. Once again, hats off to Humboldt seeds for having some great genetics.

​​​​​​Even though my other 2 weren't entered in this competition, I'll share the weights here because I showed the harvest pics of them lol.

The Bubba Cheese came in at 178g, or 6.35 oz.

The White Widow CBD came in at 118g, or 4.21 oz.

Total for the harvest is 501.2g, or 17.9 oz. Once again, very happy with this number!

It's been a blast to be a part of this thing. I won't be taking part in the summer grow because from what I have read it's an outdoor or photoperiod grow? If I'm wrong let me know, but that's what I got out of the skimming I did lol.

Everyone grew great plants in this competition! You all are rock stars, and I think everyone learned something through this process.

Here's pics of the Bubba Kush, and then a family portrait.

I also made dry ice hash out of all the trim from these plants. I was not disappointed!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bubba Kush

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190405_165452596-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	417.1 KB ID:	302978

Family portrait

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190403_170931267-1843x1382.jpg Views:	1 Size:	387.3 KB ID:	302977

dry ice hash

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190403_075118567-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	430.5 KB ID:	302976Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190403_075130401-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	518.9 KB ID:	302979
                Last edited by Doubledealing72; 04-06-2019, 05:07 AM.
                Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Spidermite
                  Spidermite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very very Nice. I had 6 in the 4x4 tent. Total weight of the tent is a touch over 22 ounces with one plant left to go be harvested. Your per plant average is really awesome my friend.

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words! I must say I'm a big fan of the quadline technique. I believe it's been the biggest factor in my yields improving.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice haul bro!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X