No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok let me see if I can remember everything I wanted to say. First Mr.furley Hot Damn stop the presses the photo period guy is one of the first to finish. So looking like autos and photos can be grown very fast. I would have bet on a newguy420 white Moscow to finish first. O saw someone else say thing 2 was hanging and juicy has one done, I cooked one and had to harvest early. Who else has one hanging?

ALSO MR Furley nice damn colas.

Juicyj89 are you sure it's only 59g wet? It looks much bigger than that to me. I would have guessed 59g dry. But I am going blind and senile. Very nice grow and keep it up looking very good. Also the g the growers advertise are dry weight. On the grams per meter square they count running a sea of green on those weights. So in a 4x4tent probably have 10 to 12 plants maybe topped but not trained per se. Yes defoliate etc. Most cant run a sea of green due to laws on number of plants.

oldjarhead100 I saw weedpharma I think give you advice but your plants are looking good. I had a plant awhile back I called Bitchy Betty because she always drooped. But in the end she mad almost 8 ounces so who knows that might be the winning plant. You are looking good so far to me.

Rwise to finish in the short time you usually cant harrass the plant much. Basically just leave them alone. Start in the final pot. Dont take to many leaves etc etc etc. They CAN finish fast. But you will lose some yield. I've had plants take 120 days and same strain (different phenotype) finish in 70. Go figure. I am running 10 atm and not gonna touch them at all and see what happens. And all 10 are different strains. 5 have started flowering at day 20. We will see where that goes.

Did I miss something? Lol
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Spidermite View Post
      But I am going blind and senile.
      more like awake and baked

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you’re right about NH. But then again she’s a pro. But I feel like I should have a fair amount... 400w hps in a 2x2???....idk. They seem small to me.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I did put them in their 20 gallon pots at 12 hours old, now would not watering them be called harassment? I think that has been my biggest mistake with these girls, they were only getting water every 8-12 days, now 2-5 days!

Thing 2 nug pic - orange cookies

She felt ready to jar on the outside but after really getting in there for the final trim shes still a little wet. Another day or 2 should do it. She smells like heavy gasoline with a hint of citrus. Not the best yeild as shes around 45g right now and still going to lose some weight. Definitely my highest quality plant this far though so still pleased with the result.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LRM_EXPORT_264615486961907_20190223_072824720.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	293864

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      When its cured I want a taste description. That sounds very interesting. Sounds tasty

I just wanted to do a general post. I’m personal friends with a couple ppl on here and they are with others, needless to say I know most people’s stories.
    What I’m trying to say is not only does weed help by smoking, but the whole growing aspect is part of the real calm to finding ones Zen. I’ve been really happy with this group of growers. The highlight of my days, most of them, is going and feeding my girls, training, smelling them, and just being around them. Most of you know my story and when I was down you reached out to me on here and via email. Thank you all for that. Some of us have our personal demons and this is our escape. I’m looking forward to our summer grow competition. I want to come up with the plan for it to make it fair. Not all of us have property to grow giants, but it would be fun to have a catagory of largest plant😁.
    Anyway, again...thx to you that have helped me and each other these past few months.
    Mr. Furley will have the prettiest plant, spidermite will definitely have the largest bud, so just have to see who’ll have the best dry weight.
    🙏🏼✌🏻
    Ill post my pix in a couple hrs when I go to water.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you said it best for many here !!!!!!!!! Good Health ! Good Growing !!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't get me wrong The tincture, gummies, dabs, blunts, bowls, Joints, magic butter, lotions, vaping three different ways all help with the physical pain and mental aspects of my life but the biggest help to my well being has been by far the time I get to spend in the garden with my girls and the camaraderie and support this forum and website has shown for years I have been here. Such a great place to be, with great compassionate people looking to help one another.
      Live well, be kind, and Growers love.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have always enjoyed setting in the garden watching the veggies grow, and now with these new laws, I am finding myself setting watching the girls for hours (that should get them the CO2 they need)
      Cant wait for the summer grow off!

Happy Saturday to all!
    First like to say about Retodd idea of biggest this summer sounds like a blast. Have 2 categories - autos and photos and i'll join for sure. Have 3 seeds been wondering how to grow and when so I'll figure that out - the 3 seeds are from Dutch Passion and the strain is 'Think Big' -

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are packing in the resin on their buds - pretty thirsty this past week - trichomes on 1 are clouding over, 2 are still clear.

They are all at day 85.

Observations thus far - Optic 4 must have a lot to do with the differences in the grow i'm having. I have grown all these before. Purple Stilton never went purply on me last time - Haze CBD never had buds this fat last time and Bubba Kush is one of my favs, have one growing in each of my last 5 grows. This grow Bubba is more droopy than before and the big difference is the size and strength of her branches and stem, really solid and strong. She is producing the buds I am used to seeing, usually kinda small but fat and dense with resin. The colder nights also must have something to do with the differences i'm seeing.

All your grows are looking awesome. Good job by all!

Not going to win any biggest cola competition when thing 1 has about 30 of them. Not counting little bud sites on the side - I'm counting all the buds that are standing straight up and pointing up to the light. Thing 2 has about 15.

Good grow Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_090821.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	293902Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_090837.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	293903Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_090901.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	293904Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_090926.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	293905Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_091040.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	293906Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_094652.jpg
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	293907Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_094658.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	293908Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_095418.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	293909Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_095433.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	293910Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_101056.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	293911 ing to us all!
    Attached Files
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Bubba I grew previously had some purple in it at the end. Probably my favorite smoke that I've grown so far!

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd send that pink one to Nebula wow is that a pretty plant what strain is it again,all your plants look amazing

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Purple Stilton OJH - sent enough to Nebula,

Today is day 75 for the Bubba Kush. She's looking happy and healthy, and some hairs are starting to turn orange. Still a long way out for this one...some would say...

2 weeks😂

I love everyone's plants on here, so many different strains and styles of growing. Great job everyone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190223_134426864-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	1,003.1 KB
ID:	293918

Name:	IMG_20190223_134402238-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	776.0 KB
ID:	293919

Name:	IMG_20190223_134412678-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	293920

Name:	IMG_20190223_134406845-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	293921
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice frosty bush!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep looks like another two weeks.😂

Finally doing my update at 8pm...lol. I threw in a before pic from right after the fire a month ago to where they are now. Tonight I pulled the bag out and cut off all the damaged nugs from JR and since she was out took a pic of her trunk. I took the far left off Phoenix too. I’m hoping to promote more growth. I’m sure they’ll smoke just fine. My big wonder is when the hell mine are ever gonna finish😡! My last pic is from last week just to show how she’s progressing.
    I forgot Mr. Furley grew a photo in the auto competition. Still majorly jealous of his...lol.
    🙏🏼✌🏻
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a amazing recovery, it really shows what kind of a grower you are by how you saved those plants. Imho not everyone that can grow can save the day after a disaster, most would fix the problem by putting it in the trash. Never seen a Auto grow twice, it's got to be a first. Good job and nice plant Retodd.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      Editing a comment
      agree with Mr.furley

I don't think I would have had the grit to tough it out

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx guys. We all treat our girls like our kids. You can’t give up on them even when they fuck up. This entire grow from the beginning was a new learning experience. They’re both blue cheese, never grew it before either. I’m sure the folier feeding of diluted fish emulsion helped a bunch too. After cutting the damaged buds off I’m hoping she really takes off.

LurkingInTheGrass
    it's like a hodgepodge of leaf and buds, it just kept on stacking. I was defoling the thing until I could not decipher where they came from.pic from two weeks😅
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190223_202411.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	294046
    p.s. I dislike the fact I can't add a picture in a threads comments and have to post a new.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is a true donkey..... My hats off

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Jesus! Send me the head in the mail! She’s just a wild bud anyway.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      Editing a comment
      crossing my fingers for you, hoping that trait carries over to your clone

upvote for editor in sub-comments
      I do like the "comment to specific posts" feature

...HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL!!

my Things:

Name:	my things.2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	836.1 KB
ID:	294069
    left: Thing 1
    right: Thing 2

Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)
    50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
    56-70 days after germination

Thing 1
    84 days from seed
    41 days from pistils

Down, with flash:

Name:	Thing 1.down.flash.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	294073

Side, normal incandescent light:

Name:	Thing 1.side.better.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	616.8 KB
ID:	294071

Side, flash:

Name:	Thing 1.side.flash.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	294072

Side, HPS (DOH, forgot to turn it off before I started):

Name:	Thing 1.side.HPS.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	294074

Thing 2
    78 days from seed
    41 days from pistils

Down, without and with flash:

Name:	Thing 2.down.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	631.4 KB
ID:	294075Click image for larger version

Name:	Thing 2.down.flash.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	294078

side, without and with flash:

Name:	Thing 2.side.noflash.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	294076Click image for larger version

Name:	Thing 2.side.flash.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	294077

tallest 3

Name:	Thing 2.top colas.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	294079

right on schedule, with only about 2 more weeks? ROFLMAO

hmmm, but seriously though - as I sit here, looking at them - in 2 weeks, they could be ready to flush.
    Im hoping for a little more fattening up - before pistils shrivel, then another fattening while the trichomes ripen is that to much to ask for? I have been good - ish, ok maybe thats the wrong way to ask, how about: They have been good and they deserve it

hydro shop for CALiMAGic?
    pulling CALiMAGic off the shelf, I bumped a bottle of Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10 PK booster)
    kismet, sending me a signal?
    so - next res change, I know 2 girls getting a little PK boost in their diet

pistils?
    white pistils, looks like a 60/40 split between standing tall and getting thick (well, thick for pistils ), and getting ready to stand
    last night, I found a couple (on Thing 1) that had started to change color and shrivel - I couldn't find them tonight, when I went looking (was going to snap a picture to timestamp - lol)

sticky?
    pulled a cola over, to smell and look at, and it brushed my glasses.
    6 teeny little blobs of glue that smeared across my glasses, had to stop and dig out alcohol to clean them off
    my glasses haven't been this clean for quite a long time

smells?
    it has been a glorious ride of smells (my wife says "all I can smell is pot" LOL)
    early on, it was chem. then lemonish was added to that, wasn't like a lemon cleaner - was definitely a chem smell with a more lemony, limish - citrus (not orange) after taste?
    then - it changed to pine - all pine, for like a week, then fuel started coming through
    and for the last week, or more - it has been warm rubber, not tire rubber - more pleasant than warm elastic bands

enjoyment?
    also a glorious ride
    it was like a race: get any training - before pistils popped
    it was like a strategy game: "do I take this leaf, I already tucked it so many times"
    and, as has been mentioned by many: the grow is as therapeutic for me, as the fruit

I have to give a shout out to RQS, they made it easy to enjoy the ride
    I know I said it before, but these girls have turned out almost exactly identical.
    minor differences are attributed to my ham handed training.
    grown outdoors - they would be HUGE.
    keep an eye on alltatup current grow, she has the non automatic version in her garden

run auto's again?
    YES
    I will definitely be dropping auto seeds again.
    would like to run them at 18/6. these girls root development, seemed slower? would like to know if it is because they were autos, or because I ran the lights at 20/4. I read somewhere that plants make roots at night, and conveniently - I have 2 more of these seeds - I almost HAVE to run them as soon as I can. scientific purposes of course
    I would also run a 'veg' nute schedule longer than I did. saw pistils and changed nutes

mind
    racing,
    fingers
    itching,
    I have seeds,
    I have water,
    now, I just need...

another light????

cold
    hard
    reality
    wraps my patience
    in darkness

hrm - that took a weird turn

LOL

green thoughts for all

Name:	ganjamon.gif
Views:	359
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	294070

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Lurking, your RG autos look totally different from my photoperiod girl, but I know mine is stunted. Congrats!!! They look fabulous.

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      haha great read there. Yeah when I run autos I wait until she starts throwing out pistils everywhere then go with veg nutes for another week. Generally there's little 'budlets' everywhere by then & I switch to transition. They tend to get a decent size on them then instead of switching as soon as pistils appear

• LurkingInTheGrass
      Editing a comment

alltatup - I also have the luxury of space - most of the colas are 6 to 7 inches away from the main stem (so many training changes I need to make on the next run )

OzBud - thanks for your nute insight. it makes sense when you say it out loud (or I read it a bunch of times, and hear it echoing in my head)

Hi all, here's my weekly update.
    This Diesel auto by RQS is now about 10 weeks old. She's on 75% strength week 7 mid bloom nutes.

Name:	P1010505.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	294083Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010506.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	294085Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010507.JPG
Views:	382
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	294087Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010508.JPG
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	294089Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010510.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	294091Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010511.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	294093Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010512.JPG
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	294095Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010513.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	294097Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010514.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	294099
    Attached Files
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that is a nice plant. Nothing can beat the real sun. Dont think we can compete with the sun. Lol

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      it's not direct sun, not legal where I am. Airport nearby so planes fly over multiple times a day and local football/cricket oval over the back fence so they can't be out in the open

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Real pretty girls OzBud They remind me of falls first frost. Nice job on the photos !

Update Thing 2 White Moscow, Day 75. First pic is of lower bud, looking mostly cloudy with a bit of amber tricomes. Buds have fattened up, thinking 2 weeks left. maybe. That will be week 12, slower than I had hoped but she is healthy and getting fatter so I'm happy. Any comments or suggestions always welcome. Hope everyone has a great day.

Waiting on the big wind storm here in western NY. hope we don't lose power.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      uncledoug I have no plants atm outside but the freak weather made our fruit trees flower then the cold killed the buds so no fruit from them this year. We were also trying to start getting the fields ready but it will be awhile before we can start now.

The only damage we had was a limb hit a corner of our porch knocking a hole in it causing the water to run into part of the covered porch. Not a big deal since me and my brother in law will be able to fix it all easily.

Hope all goes well up there and you end up with no issues.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      its in Mass right now the wind is a howling lol

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      holy cow that wind was nasty

Welp made it through another week of neglect. Work is killing me lol and thank God for the wife. I went into this showdown wanting to document everything in detail lol but the opposite has happened.

Having some slight ph issues atm. I think it's because I didn't properly buffer the coco. Ph coming out is always 6.5 and no matter what I do it doesn't change. Also I think the droopyness is from the fan which got adjusted after this pic and a feeding.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Happy Sunday - finally figured out a roundabout way of getting my pics from my camera to post. I'll be sending better pics. Mostly thing 1. And 2 group pics with white lights and the red/blue ones. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0125.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.02 MB ID:	294277Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0124.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.10 MB ID:	294278Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0121.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.67 MB ID:	294279Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0122.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	294280Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0120.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.49 MB ID:	294281Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0123.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.71 MB ID:	294282
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Have to compliment your grow Canuck147. When you talk about the WOW factor for first sight of something, These Buds are talking it !! Good Growing !!
        Last edited by Colombo; 02-25-2019, 05:12 PM.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks - those pics are from my camera.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck I email my pictures from my phone to my computer then its real easy to upload to GWE Really good looking plants

A couple of Magnesia Autos from new420guy Am I just braggin??? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0655.JPG
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	294463Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0654.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	294464 Balls to the walls. I am glad I noticed before there was an ejaculation! AMSTERDAM is the only way to fly!

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Paul apologized, and informed me that a breeder/supplier was at fault. Since then I have declared myself president of the USA. My first executive order is that that breeder along with Trump are to be deported to Mexico. I want fresh lettuce picked for my lunch in one hour.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        But lettucs pick by shit come complete with e-coli, Just saying.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Free balls to a good home!

I have had the worst luck with this auto grow. First two interceptions by customs, then two dead seeds from new420guy, then a cricket attack losing one of my WWs, now these two replacement Magnesia auto males. What can possibly happen next?

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Well let's see you could set your setup on fire? Or do Like I did and kill 1 plant and fox tail another by not adjusting for temp changes. Lol So run go knock on some wood. Lol

chunky..

added a couple more..

Name:	CAA8E787-EBAE-4FAC-99E4-191E77633DB2.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	294586

Name:	image_73067.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	294540

Name:	6FF481AF-B6E7-4C04-BE16-19305D911D15.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	294585
      Last edited by Juicyj89; 02-25-2019, 08:31 PM.
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X