The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Saturday people!

Today is day 40 for the Bubba Kush. I have just about finished the quadlining technique with her. I have the branches to the edge of the pot, so I ran out of coco to stake them down in lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_050415120-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	284954

At this stage I might still bend a few of the smaller branches that still haven't reached the edge, but I'm currently out of 14 gauge electrical wire lol. Other than that I just defoliate and watch her grow from here on out.

She is looking good overall. I accidentally snapped a branch while trying to train last week. Put tape on it, took it off yesterday, and it's looking pretty good.

Name:	IMG_20190119_050356137_HDR-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	633.9 KB
ID:	284953

Name:	IMG_20190119_050340200-1843x1382.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	705.4 KB
ID:	284955
    I then saw a branch that was not staked in at all and thought, "that's weird, why isn't it staked?" I go to bend it, and would ya look at that? It's the branch that I snapped and just took the tape off of yesterday lol. I think I reopened it's wound. Hopefully it will make a full recovery lol

Have a great week guys and gals!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks OJH! I went to add the pics, and I hit post by mistake. So I then had to edit it real quick to add the pics 😂😂

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your training bro! My JR looks like a spider crap the way I trained her....lol

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks retodd! I have been enjoying watching your fluxing technique. She is looking good!

when I see everyone's plants I think what did I do wrong then I remember I'm 3 weeks behind lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Yours are looking good OJH, just give them time! Lol

Pic day! Well those pics that came out not to blurry,,,, The Headbanger (58 days) is chugging along, White Widow (57 days) is fattening up and getting 2 hours on 2 hours off UVB/UVA, White Moscow (57 days) has got over her birth defect and turned it on. The Himalaya Blue Diesel is doing well at 27 days, last is Snowryder, at 25 days, look close can you see em?
    I dont think the first three will be not top producers, the second round shall do better!

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your idea of using cage wire around the fabric pots, do you have it folded under the pot or just slipped over them?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The cage is attached to a grate with space under it to breath, the cage is made from old 2x4 welded wire fencing.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      tee hee hee
      the clone in the glass cage

Missed last weeks photo day, I have 9 plants growing at 4 different times and just forget sometimes to take pictures.lol Any way here is Thing 2 White Moscow at day 39.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Comment

They seem a little small but might get some growth who knows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          They are just getting ready for take off, that's all! Looking good!

Yeah, so I did a update yesterday, but figured I’d do one today too. I had to add the other training ropes to my flux box and do some trimming and more training to both. Just like I had told OJH and Doug, if you go this route you have to stay on them all the time! After trimming JR I tried to get some good shots of how she’s done. I’ve referred to her as a spider crab. All the main stalks on her are about 1” or less off the soil and training her branches low too. If I had more soil in my flux box when I started she’d be the same way. Main stalk on JR is about 1/2” and branches are 3/8” or so. She was topped after second node and should produce some monsters.
        Well, there she be.
        ✌🏻🙏🏼
        Attached Files

Comment

Good day peoples. Had a busy week with my girls. One major problem has been addressed. You all know how we try to help other grower's and in the end 90% of the problems are caused by the grower. No different in my case. I just wasn't paying attention to what my plants were telling me. They were saying,"The light's too damn close dumbass!" Oh - new light - new problems.

Wednesday night they told me in the only way they can - top leaves became wrinkly/canoeing/purply looking as well as drooooopy. Hmmmm………..check the manufacturers specs - yeah sure, how many times have i said that to other growers. Well the light was too close for probably 10 days. Moved it up thursday morning and they have recovered nicely in 2 days.

The other noticeable difference in why they perked up is i changed nutrients - dropped General Hydroponics in favor of Green Planet. Gave them their first dose of the new nutes thursday morning and foliar fed them this morning. Pics are in the shower and some are before they got sprayed and some after.

Continuing with the training - now I'm really just trying to pull some branches away from the middle's of Thing 2 and 3. Thing 1 is doing well. I got so many bud sites i need more than 2 hands to count them - so I'll just wait until they get much bigger and phatter - makes it easier to count.
          Have a great weekend everyone and happy growing.
          Happy plants make for big buds.
          Attached Files
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry - realized some pics are fairly blurry. I'll post better pics soon.

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            They do look nice bro

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            they are looking fantastic

Better pics Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142846.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	285159Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142854.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	285160Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142901.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	285161Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142930.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	285162Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142934.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	285163Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_142944.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	285164Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_143014.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	285165Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_143024.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	285166Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_143035.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	285167Click image for larger version

Name:	20190119_143131.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	4.49 MB
ID:	285168
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great, I never heard of Green Planet Nutes, are they new?

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            New to me - not sure how long they've been around.

Happy Weekend Update
          {8o_~

Friday, while working on the Things - I found pistils. Both girls are showing them. Thing 2 is showing a little more (they were easier to spot, had to look to find them on Thing 1)

so at 'sundown' last night - I changed out the MH bulb (its long past done, it tinkled and hummed if I set the ballast to %100). Installed a new HPS bulb (150,000 lumens, 2100 K)
          no tinkling today and ballast set to %100
          I do have a slight orangey glow to the grow room

both are doing great - I was able to maintain a fairly flat profile with both plants. now, its time for those trained stems to turn up towards the light and become monster colas

changed and cleaned reservoirs today. changed over to %25 GH Schedule "transition" (TDS: 623ppm, EC: 1246 microsiemens).
          a slight increase of nutes. from %20 to %25
          keeping a close eye on them, as last time I used %25 - I got some tip burn

they are using water/nutes - taking 100-200 ml for daily 'top up'

had been lazy, and stopped spritzing the girls. so picked up SeaBoost (a locally made, liquid seaweed fertilizer 0.1/0.1/2.0)
          been lightly spritzing a couple times per day. they seem to like it. my RH is low - so, Im sure they love any moisture on their leaves

I am still quite impressed with the genetics. both plants have looked and behaved pretty much identically all along

Thing 1
          50 days from seed
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 1.yesterday.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	285209Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 1.top.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	285210
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 1.yesterday.side.jpg Views:	1 Size:	984.6 KB ID:	285211

Thing 2
          44 days from seed
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 2.side.jpg Views:	1 Size:	745.3 KB ID:	285212Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 2.maybe see pistils.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	285213
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Thing 2.top.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	285214

Friday 18 Jan is their last restraining session.
          going forward, I will adjust restraints, continue to tuck and fold leaves under trying to keep those tips exposed to light and air and pull colas away from each other (when that time comes )

green thoughts for all
          Click image for larger version  Name:	ganjamon.gif Views:	9 Size:	8.4 KB ID:	285208

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great Lurkin I love your pot design

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            LOL - I don't know if they look the greatest (Thing 1 still resembles a salad), they are certainly pretty in my eyes

thanks to all for stopping by

• Eigholte
            Eigholte commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, what a salad, then!

Oops 🙊 guess I should keep a closer eye on the weather. Temps dropped last night and didn’t have the heat on. I think they got down to like 56 F they were extremely wilted again and I thought I might have lost them but I quickly got the heat back on got temps back in the 70s and I think they’re slowly coming back around. I don’t think I’m going to have much of a yield off this grow if I keep having these problems. Frustrating. Just gotta keep a better eye on things I guess. Anyways I’m assuming the cold temps caused the pistols to change to pink. Just my guess.

Name:	5DE94FAB-BC1C-44B9-9213-FD203869B7FC.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	285521
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            That's a bummer that the temps dropped that low, but I don't think it hurt them too much. Hang in there and see what happens!

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            If you have room you can always put a programmable t stat and ceramic heater in your tent. I bought them for mine, but ended up not even needing them...lol. Talk about a waste of $75 on Amazon. Outside temp here is 9 today.

R.I.P MISS TREE

Thing Two will be officially dropping out of the competition.
          11-25-18 to 1-20-19

Name:	20190120_235245.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	285523

Homie don't play that.

Name:	20190120_235249.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	285524

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley you see no one likes your dead plant post...sorry, playing ‘Taps’ for her. However, loved your comeback...lmao

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 - just reread my post - it is even funnier if you don't know there was a comedy show character "Homie the Clown"

when I typed it, I was thinking of "Homie the Clown".
            Not wailing on a clown with a sock full of quarters (but, Im laughing way more at that )

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            " Hermie the Clown"

I know you dont give nutes in soil ,I just couldn't stop myself I gave the autos 20 ml of voodoo juice and 1/2 tsp of raw N just to give a boost I have been giving them the VJ right along the N was new hope it works
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve always given nutes in my soil, organic tho, but still.
            Can’t wait to see the grows later this year when everyone is gonna be fluxing...lmao

Well no training but ok I guess Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_132542.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	285608
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't blame you for not training the plants in the back after your 1st attempt on that plant in front. LOL
            They look great,welcome to the challenge.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            uncledoug
            heavy defoliation
            extreme defoliation

now - we can add "maximum defoliation" to the list

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah the very one in the front I just kept removing leaves until nothing but the main stem. It is gonna just be one big bud. Lmao

Thing one and 2 are on the left. There are 6 plus s reveg Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_132537.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	285613
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            somebody should start a thread, just on the reveg

at lease the occasional update, please

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X