The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retodd
    I Top at the Forth, I find that number one can be subpar and a weak producer, and number two is the strongest cola makeeeer. I will top number two most grows a second time to slow it's growth, but not this run as I am pushing my plant to try and keep up with y'all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181230_093035.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	280159
    Attached Files
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like to only keep the 2nd and 3rd myself!

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      To flux you top after the first and my Jr is topped after the second. My last grow I topped at 6 & 8.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      So Mr.furley I can see the base of your plant and it looks like your first set of branches basically start from there?!?! How do you create that kind of internode space? I want mine right and low like that.

re: my Rings

I had been lurking around for a while, and saw all kinds of different ideas to train the plants. the worst case I saw, a guy had twisted dozens of screw-in hooks to his pot tops, it actually looked bloodthirsty

PaganRich uses some sort of orchid ring (which solidified the idea into my mind)

I was looking for a tomato cage (goes from small diameter to large diameter) that would secure, directly to the pot. I could use plant wire, or twist-tie wire to make a screen on the upper ring(s)

I got the "wreath rings" from my local garden center/hydro shop
    the rings are available in varying sizes (I just picked up 2 x 16" rings for $ 0.69 each)
    had to go to the hardware store for the eyebolts, washers and extra nuts. my first pots, I used 2 nuts on the inside - the last couple of pots, I switched to this 'locking' nut
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hardware.jpg Views:	1 Size:	707.9 KB ID:	280202

the 12" rings fit my pot tops beautifully, the 16" will be an upper level

I am going to connect the rings with a chains and D-rings (caribeeners), eventually. at the moment, using zip ties

lower 12" ring, connected to eyebolt
    Click image for larger version  Name:	edge of pot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.1 KB ID:	280201

upper 12" ring, chained to lower ring
    Click image for larger version  Name:	upper connected to lower.jpg Views:	1 Size:	759.2 KB ID:	280203

upper 12" ring, with screen made of twist-tie, you can see the chain secured to the upper ring, with a red zip-tie
    Click image for larger version  Name:	upper.with screen.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	280204
    Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-30-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      you paid the guy at the door, right? you don't get to see the bush, unless you pay to see the bush

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      To old to recall the last time I saw a well manicured bush....

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Ragweed, you can just goggle that these days.

Anyone watch the series on Netflix about Murder Mountain in Humbolt Co, CA? I know a couple of you are in CA.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      Editing a comment
      I was in the room, while my wife watched it. Later that night I was scrolling through a list of award winning breeders and their breeds. listed the breeders name and location as Murder Mountain, Humboldt County CA

I don't remember the name on the list, but the location stuck right out to me
      it wasn't Dookie Bros, that would have stuck out even more

Check out my stalk bro
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ADC5BF50-C5B0-4BCF-AB02-FEBA37E3BD3D.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	280410
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      @Juicyj89
      Get yourself some Binder clips, they sale them just about anywhere And clip them to the edge of your containers.you can also tie the pipe clearer to things like Bolts, Washers, Nuts. And just gently hang them from your branches to weigh them down. That's how I get my plants flat.
      Just be gentle and use patience.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I just wanna add, when we train a plant the objective is to shape into a flat canopy, but some plants will do this on their own once you top them. They grow just like an upside down pyramid. This means you don’t have to do much, how does the plant look from a side and from up top?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Another tip juicy, btw the weight idea from Mr.F works great, you can always wrap your growth tips around the petioles of the big fan leaves

I chopped the last 2 Jack H these are bottom branches off the smallest plant look at the size for bottom buds . The second is a bouquet of flowers for my honey
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      What a lucky honey 🍯

• LurkingInTheGrass
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100
      you said you didn't want to make it public. if you are trying to buy my attentions, you are going to need a bigger bud, but thats a great start

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Somehow I knew these comments would be said lol , and thanks LTG for keeping it quite

Well I smoked a bowl and figured it out 😑

Name:	1CB99088-BE3E-4D08-91D8-C135D64E96CE.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	280458Click image for larger version

Name:	4934AA42-CBE1-4A14-AE33-62F18FFCB500.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	280459Click image for larger version

Name:	DB1C5EDE-5D33-4F26-A1B2-65AC81B9F774.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	280460Click image for larger version

Name:	E5283F24-E384-4FB8-83C8-539290A9D8F1.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	280461
    Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-31-2018, 09:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the pics lmao
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Juicyj89 like this my friend, I know you already trained them but FYI

Name:	D40682A2-4B81-4A46-B1E4-6B50BFC13C04.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	280476

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      And a very important lesson you learn by making mistakes is don’t leave a whole in your canopy, leave a grow tip or two in the center of the plant always

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      OK 9fingerleafs call me Curious what is the twisting of the fan and the growth tip?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Just an easy way to separate the top growth tips instead of pulling them with restrains

Final transplant done. Been growing really well under the CFLs, all of them seem to be in prestine health. Alltough I wanted some perlite in the coco the package didn't arrive yet and the transplant had to be done, so pure coco for this grow.
    Will be switching to 250W MH this weekend.

Started with some basic chili nutes 7-1-5 & sensi cal mag.
    ​​​
    Shoud I top them? LST?

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Your plants are doing good.
      Only you can answer your own question about topping and LST, as far as the age goes, it's time to start if you are going too. How many branches do you plan on growing?

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey is your tent 2x2? And what strain are you growing? Because I have a 2x2 with 4 plants.

• Anoney
      Anoney commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a 2.6x2.6ft, probably gonna top & LST one of each strain and compare end result. Currently growing two Dinafem White Widow XXL & two Dinafem Critical Jack 🙂

Here we are at Day 21, Topped between 4th & 5th, now attempting training to get colas out to the edges of the pot. I want 8 colas with just 1 big bud each. Hope I'm close to doing it right?
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      All depending on how you train you can end up with as many colas as you want as long as you want to spend the time. The method on my SR is she’s just the bottom set of nodes being trained, but I’ll end up with 20+ full blown colas.

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Retodd, Being this is a White Moscow I'm pressed for time so I'm trying 8 colas hoping they get really big. Never tried it this way before, also figure 8 will be easier to manage, I have 3 Sweet Tooth and 3 other WM growing so they're keeping me busy.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey uncledoug are your sweet tooth’s auto?? If so can I see how they look? That’s what I’m growing atm. Just want a comparison if you don’t mind. Thanks buddy

Today is the start of training! She's at day 21, and I decided to take off the first node only. I plan to wait for the 3rd node to get a little bigger before I take off the 4th node. She is really tall for where she's at in growth, but healthy as a horse.

And why is it that horses are so healthy?

Have a great day everyone
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      someday someone is going to find those short pieces of wire in my cellar and say WTF did he use these for ,Tying down plants why else lol , I use those right to the edge of pot then go to the plant riser with yoyos

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, people who don't grow definitely would be wondering what the hell we use these for lol.

I also train them to the end of the pot, but I have never utilized the yoyos. Do you use them to pull the branches down? I've always heard of them being used to keep the branches from falling towards the end of flower.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      They do both Mcubed . I found that if I attach them to my plant lifter they give you a better chance of keeping long branches flatter ,(this may never be needed if you dont have plants that need to go into bloom but have 4 more weeks before they can )LOL

Juicyj89 , Here are some pics of the Sweet Tooth Auto from New Guy.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, They are 7.5 weeks and are 33" tall and growing, hope they don't get much taller, lights are almost all the way up. I've been super cropping to avoid light burn. They grew fast. Paul said 75 - 80 days, I'm guessing they will be ready closer to 12.weeks.
      Last edited by uncledoug; 01-01-2019, 07:47 AM.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      holy cow uncledoug were those started for the challenge if they were I need to know your secret

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning oldjarhead100, No these are not for the challenge,lol. My challenge plant is a White Moscow, about 3 weeks old and is in the veg. closet until these Sweet Tooth are harvested.

Name:	20190101_095948.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	280767Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_100022.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	280769 Happy New Year to us all!!

I'm posting today cuz I wasn't happy with what I posted last Saturday. I wasn't happy with the way my plants were looking. So I intentionally took some lousy pictures and posted so y'all wouldn't really see the crappy stupid job I am doing with the LST. I understand the concept of LST and the need for some of us to do it. I knew I couldn't keep growing 4 or 5 foot plants with this new light. So here are some better pics.
    This is thing 1. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_095856.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	280768
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good Canuck .after you break your 100th stem from bending it down you start to relax knowing its very hard to stop these girls , I've used everything from plant ties to inch and a quarter nuts it all works

Name:	20190101_100447.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	280772 This is thing 2 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_100442.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	280771
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thing 3 - she didn't like the bondage at all so I released her. Took off a few fan leaves. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_100628.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	280774Click image for larger version

Name:	20190101_100639.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	280775
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        LOL

preaching to the choir

52 - and still hate getting my picture taken
        (will grudgingly pretend to like it for the Boss, but she knows)

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck do you run those wires completely though the grow bag ,genius move wow

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ran them through.

Better late than never I'm so far behind u guys lol

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a great start!

• KTM690
        KTM690 commented
        Editing a comment
        Going good so far they should be about rooted. Will put in main pots in a day or so won't hit main tent 4 a couple more weeks as ole jack herer want to hang out

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm right there with you KTM about a week or so behind and a week ahead of you lol , I just finished 4 JAck Herers your going to like them had 1 bud that weighed an ounce

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X