• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT AN emergency update

Thing 1
    23 days from seed

roots in the nutes!

I saw she had teeny little roots on Sunday - but, today they are well in the nutes
    topped at the 3rd node, cotyledons and first not real leaves stripped
    slight pot modification (had to move the eye bolts inward, away from the edge of the bucket)

Thing 2
    17 days from seed

no roots yet ... soon.
    the wonky leaf issue has cleared up - she is inflating a lovely 3 fingered leaf, just a little slower
    3rd node is a nice little bud mass
    no eyebolt modifications, to pot.

many non-denominational, appropriately seasonal, greetings of Peace and Joy to all

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great, LITG.
      HappyHolidays
      HappyGrowing

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang 50% indica?! That’s crazy. I guess even though it’s mostly indica some hybrids still show sativa traits? Cause I mean unless I just don’t know shit lol that def looks sativa. Man, even after all this time these plants still amaze me.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      @juicyj89

Lol, I had to check several times, those long narrow leaves...
      They did good work on the strain and/or I got lucky with seeds, both plants are almost identical (like you noted) even the timelines have been similar

So I’m almost sure that I know what this is but I want to ask to make sure. I’m feeling like I have a little calmag issue mainly with one girl. So I guess I’ll order some but it won’t arrive until after the new year. Hopefully it won’t affect it too bad until then? Idk I’ve never had to address this issue. But it does seem like the newer growth looks healthier. I just want to be sure. I went ahead and posted the rest of the girls. They seem to be doing pretty awesome. I’m sure by this weekend I’ll be topping at least the two strongest. Then there’s the “runt” that the cat tried to decapitate. She’s profoundly smaller. But still looking good. Still despite my desert like temperatures they’re growing by the day under this MH. Gotta give it to the sweet tooth so far.

This is the “calmag” questionable one
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16D91F8F-A3D2-49D1-8088-A41F6C76D275.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	278714Click image for larger version

Name:	2ACE1E98-7E18-48AF-B9D9-727339FDB0B5.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	278711
    These are the 2 top runners

Name:	19172FB0-C4C4-4877-A2FC-9B0B350C5DC3.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	278709Click image for larger version

Name:	BF448C34-1BDD-48E0-8968-B7D77B1AE799.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	278708
    the “runt”

Name:	2D76392D-E915-4FAD-B73E-61EF732F92C4.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	278712
    the whole whole little fam

Name:	B2DF10BD-9032-457A-9A8E-49242AE5ECD6.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	278713

Anyways, if anyone could point me in any direction with the plant in question I would really appreciate it. Don’t want to lose out for something preventable. Tia.

-Juicy
    Attached Files
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats early good catch its mostly on bottom leafs it could be a N deficiency are they in dirt or coco in dirt how are you watering ,in coco they look dry.how far away is your light

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t worry about the cal mag bro. I’ve never used it in my life until this grow. I figured screw it, I’d give it a try. I’ve always just mixed my own soil from scratch for 20+ years. OJH is a masterful grower. You can mix up some fish emulsion to add. I’m a all natural grower.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that’s what I thought too. They’re in a mix of Foxfarm Happy Frog and some generic soil. I thought it might have been N too but I’ve been using Big Bloom and Grow Big so I kinda figured it wasn’t that. And my lights like right at 18” away. But if it’s not a big deal then I won’t worry about it.

My Moscow's have shown themselves first auto grow off and running

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, I have 3 that sprouted on Dec. 20th, plus the 1 that is Thing 2, thing 2 is 14 days old. I'll be watching yours. Best of luck/skill to you.

I also have 3 in the flowering tent, last I measured they were almost 2' tall, humm, think I mixed up my seeds and they are really SweetTooth. lol Time will tell.
      Last edited by uncledoug; 12-25-2018, 07:56 AM.

A 24ish hour time lapse of the Bubbasaurus Rexa. She is at day 15 today and looking good! Very slight leaf curling going on so I raised the light.

My gorilla glue auto might be immortal lol. Day 118 and still going strong.

I got my seeds yesterday that I ordered on black Friday! I'll be popping a Bubba Cheese and a white Widow CBD when this gorilla glue finally decides it's time.

Happy holidays, and merry Christmas everyone!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

I dropped 3 more seed, a Himalaya blue diesel, a sweet tooth, and a snowryder. The snowryder I was certain was a bad seed, all white and small, I was not inspired but dropped it anyway. The sweet tooth is up first, followed by the HBD, and this morning the snowryder has sprouted, I am surprised! I was ready to give it up and was preparing another starter.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for sharing that rwise Ive always tossed the little white seeds now I feed them to my bird lol did you get it from a seed place like seedsman ect.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I got these seed from N420G, if it had been a bag seed I would have tossed it!

Thing #2 has a weird skin peeling off the trunk, I've never noticed this happening on past grows. Not sure what to make of it.
      Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
      Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
      36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
      4 bulb T5's for Veg.
      2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
      IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
      3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        The skin peeling ive had happen in dwc its usually from explosive growth. Its the outerskin bbn splitting usuallynleading to the cotyledons. It happens right before they curl up or fall off. Congrats she has entered full veg!

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah mine are doing the same right now. It’s just means they’re beefing up that stem getting ready for you know what. 😉😉

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I was hoping it was a normal event, she has grown a lot the 2nd week.

Thing 2 is pushing out pistils everywhere already!

Name:	20181225_143903.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	278914Click image for larger version

Name:	20181225_143908.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	278915

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Merry Christmas little lady....

• BurningTeddy
        BurningTeddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks all. Today's day 19 above ground Juicy.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats about right I have found for me most autos start showing pistil around day 21 thats why its so important to keep everything perfect so they wont slow down

OMG!!! 😮 I was just trying to start lst on one plant and broke one of the bottom growth tips. You think this will stunt it?? Or have any other negative effects? I’m so pissed cause I tried it on my best looking plant.

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang yeah I should have elaborated a little more. I actually broke it at the base of the node where it meets the main stem. Like it snapped completely off basically. It was just hanging by a little strand at the bottom. There was really no chance for tape. To small and didn’t want to risk any further damage. I aborted lst and am just going natural. Oh well. 😔

• BurningTeddy
        BurningTeddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, ya you'll be fine.

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright good to know. Thanks teddy

I'm really liking this thread You might have to go back a page everyday to catch up , its cool how we all have issues and all try to help with those issues ,Just like its supposed to be lol, I have to go down early this morning I went down yesterday and checked on them and was planning on going down after everyone left but by 6pm my butt was dragin so I blew it off my bloom is automatic and was fine but I need to fill the res this morning , I'm hoping the 4 plants in the auto room are done soon but they are really bulking up so I keep leaving them lol . The autos for this grow are almost at the edge of the 1 gallon pots so they will need to go in there forever homes soon
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, I’m happy as you you joined it buddy! Speaking of helping,I have a question for you. I’ve read and studied tons of different ways of growing indoor since starting the last one. One guy I follow on YouTube uses molasses during his entire grow. I’ve only sugared my plants during the last couple weeks. I thought about adding a bit of molasses from here on out, but wanted to ask another fellow grower with tons of indoor experience. As of now I’m just using my terpinator and cal mag with distilled water. I mix everything in a 1/2 gal jug. You think a teaspoon of molasses to that would be beneficial, or just continue doing what I’m doing?
        Thanks buddy

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        more like a table spoon ,yes I use molasses during the whole grow , once a month I give my girls some soil mycrocorise (the little things that work with the roots ) and the molasses feeds them ,it doesn't hurt anything and it has some good stuff in there to

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks OJH

Day 8:
      My ladies are really starting to get going 😍
      Growing fine under the CFLs so no need to change lights at this time, almost time for new pots too. 🙄🙂
      When do I start to add nutes?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that coco?? You should be already using calmag

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with uncledoug on this one. I use the red solo cups to start and cut holes in the bottom. I like them to be big and healthy and a bit rootlocked before transplanting. There will be 1/4-1/2” root coming out the small holes. Take the scissors and cut down the side, but after you have the hole ready and the soil is soaked. She’ll come out in a nice chunk of root ball and won’t be in shock on transplant. I already had 3 nodes before transplanting my JR. if your using coco only,you’ll need nutes. Most of mine come from my soil I mix on my own. Good luck Anoney

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        when the leafs reach the edges of their container they need to be transplanted and It is my belief that Autos should never be root bound it slows them down to much, I transplanted some seedling into gallon pots of coco yesterday. I mixed up weak nutrients grow 2 tbls (Normally 4) voodoo juice 20 ml and just a touch of extra N Ill explain about the N below and I watered with it yesterday

Ill b moving my Moscow's to keg cups today they are about 2 inches up now. Hope my photo grow starts to show more signs of ending soon think the jack herer is going to lag on my tie dye is on schedule to finish in a week or 2 which is ideal. These Moscow's will have buds on them before they hit my main tent lol

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        KTM690 keg cups that has to be a regional name but we all knew you were talking about red solo cups lol

• KTM690
        KTM690 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol OJH I'm in southern vt awalys called keg cups here

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, that's what we call them in Dixie ,too,lol

Pruning is always a sad day, but for the techniques I’m using on this grow I have no choice. Doing these types of grows I have to prune once a week. You can see how much I took off both. So far on Sr I’ve got 16 future stalk/to be colas. Jr has her 4 and starting to train her for either a spiral or 90 degree runs. Not sure yet. It’s not Saturday, but you’ll see the difference by then when I let them grow out a bit.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey everyone,
      Hope you all had a great and green holiday. I am at a loss for what is going on. I really need help as you can see by the pictures. I have searched through the growweedeasy website but being my first grow I really am still dumbfounded. I planted my seeds on December 1st and I have stated it early but just to have it on these post I am going to repost my set up as well as what I have done. Growing Ak-48 from nirvana

The setup:
      630watt cmh light/only using one bulb at about 4.5 feet off the plant tops/on continuously
      4.5'x4.5'x7' tent
      6inch exhaust fan w/ carbon filter running on low constantly
      ultrasonic humidifier/average humidity is around 50-55
      Temp in tent is at 75-77 degrees on average
      Using 5 gallon grow pots with promix hp soil which is non-nutrient based perilite mix
      Nutrients are Biobizz lineup and photosynthesis plus

I had been feeding .25 gallons of ph 6.8 filtered water every third day but this week I felt I had been overwatering and have switch to .1 gallon every other day. I have only fed them once with my nutrient line at 1/4 strength. The lower yellowing had been present before the nutrient feeding. I welcome all comments and really just want to learn and gain new knowledge. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are very welcome DBK.
        Have fun.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        I should have added that I know my soil really well. I also do a finger method. I’ll feel down a 1” or so and if it’s not moist and still dry I know I need to water. Understand that I mix my own soil completely and don’t use any type of pre mix or coco. This is why my flux box IS a wooden box. DAAS is totally right and knows a hella lot more than I do on indoor growing. Without any of us being right there it’s totally hard to tell. I’d go with what he’s saying tho. Again, good luck

• DimeBagKilla
        DimeBagKilla commented
        Editing a comment
        Retodd don’t sell yourself short buddy. Everyone knows someone who knows more that’s why I’m happy to have found this forum for my first grow. If anything it will be a big learning lesson. I lowered the lights to about 24 inches above my plants and pots were dry and watered 10 ounces. I’ll check back in on Saturday. Thanks again grow family

So I topped my 3 biggest plants. I feel like they’re doing well enough. I left the 4th and smallest one untrained. Just gonna see if it catches up or if it does much at all. Anyways, I posted my pic from Saturday and the pic I just took just to show the difference. I’m pretty satisfied. These things grow so quick and the stem is getting thick already. Freakin crazy. I love it. Happy growing. JJ

12/22/18 12/27/18
      Click image for larger version  Name:	57ACC8FC-D33B-46B5-A53D-375FF10F6AC6.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.47 MB ID:	279273Click image for larger version  Name:	32EA40AD-599D-4DBA-A006-3CE8C9250F36.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	279272 Click image for larger version

Name:	61BCADEC-AF45-4E03-8315-2E42AB3D5F2E.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	279720<Pic from today

Mr.furley so it hasn’t even been a full 24 hours since and I’d say you were right. They’ve damn near doubled in size! I feel like the heat is def slowing things down a little. I’m trying to get it under control. And then there is the potential calmag issue but I should have some arriving tomorrow so I’ll had that just Incase. Otherwise I guess I’ll see y’all tomorrow!!
      Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-28-2018, 10:07 PM.

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Juicyj89 when you learn how the Optimum cut time works, you will see your plant sometimes double in size overnight. see you Saturday.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mr.furley
        please, could you expand on that? 'optimum cut time'
        more than just making sure the plant is growing, and can take a cut?

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Juciyj just found it!
        After you cut a time or twenty-seven, you find a sweet spot were cutting speeds up growth and does not slow it down one bit. The pictures above explain it best.

Day 17. I love using this camera in my tent to snap pics and make timelapses. I would highly recommend if you're a fan of timelapses. Here's a 46 hour timelapse, and some pics that have much more detail.

Have a great day everyone.
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I went a bought one of those wyse cameras and went to play well they are for a 2.3 htz wyfi I have 5 g htz system so it wont work is there a way to change it back to a 2.3

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about that. I think it has to do with the router. When my wifi pops up in my phone settings, there are 2 different options to choose from. I had to switch mine to the 2.3 htz to get it to work.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        That is pretty cool!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X