No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. So at 10 days my first ever autos are exploding with growth out of my solo cups so i'm gonna repot to 3 gal. smarty pots, now I didn't think about the roots not having developed as fast as a photo seedling of that size which helps bind the soil together. Now I usually water the day before I transplant, oops big mistake. So I've got an upside down plant and a handful of loose dirt. Crap! I already had a preformed solo cup size hole so I dump her in, and snap her little neck. DoubleCrap, supercropped at 10 days old. So I buried her up to her chin and tucked her in. 24 hrs later she's limpin along catching up to her twin sister all is good.......And that's why they call em weeds

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal....made the ole sack suck up a bit on ya when it happened to eh? Lol

So with my 400w MH I can not get my temps down. I know it’s not recommended but could I just run it at 75%? Would I still benefit from the MH or should I just go back to the t5 if not? My girls are lookin a little sickly and I think this is the reason. Tia
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been dealing with a lot of heat problems too mate since upgrading to a 450W Viparspectra LED. Even with 2 fans going and vents open I’m still staying at 80 degrees F. My girls are loving it,so I’m just going with it. I use a Vivosun 2X3X5’ tent, 9” upper fan, and a 5” tops fan. I even leave my tent unzipped 3/4 with a 1” gap. It would prolly cool down more if I ran my exhaust, but it’s loud af! I still need a riostat for it. Good luck
      Last edited by Retodd; 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM.

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean money’s not the issue. I just don’t want to use leds. I have a wind reflector so there’s not much I can do as far as exhaust. But I have all vents and even the door open a little. I might get a bigger tent idk. I know I need to. It’s only 2x2x4🤦‍♂️

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      why dont you hang a 4 inch exhaust fan on a timer I still have my 6 inch in place I took the ducting off from my light to the fan and now I have it turn on for 30 minutes 3 times a day it keeps it at 70 to 75

What's ur air in and out situation like. Matching up fans helped me a lot when I was using hot lights. Led changed all that

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know I haven’t even checked what my fan is. I know it seems like a pretty powerful computer fan type. It’s larger tho. Like 4 in at least. Pulls the air out of the top pretty good I think. But idk what else to do. I don’t really want to run my ac.

Can u add outside air in the room even room temp air at 60 to 68 degrees can lower grow room to those temps

Comment

oldjarhead100 Figured I’d tag you since you were wondering about the fluxing.
      Even tho it’s not Saturday I was just excited about how well it went after turning my girl parallel in my flux box and she got her first set of stakes. #2 is popping her 3rd nodes, so she’ll go in her bag int the next couple days. I’m mixing her soil today and starting the soak. Since I won’t need my heater in my tent I’ll have enough room for the bag and spiral train her. I’m hoping that total height of my grow will be no more than 2’. With the types of training I’m doing on both that will be all colas.
      PaganRich
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        that looks like a great method check out the plants I trimmed up today I think I accidentally did that lol

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal OJH. Right now I’m just starting 10 that will start branching out in the next couple days. I’m hoping for 30+ off her

I'm late to the show dropped 2 white moscow autos from N420G have 3 weeks yet on current grow but will keep watching you guys maybe post a few picks

Comment

the first 2 pics are of 2 Jack Herer stems I cut off today the first one I just wanted to test it but the second picture I cut because all the fans were going brown I looked real close and at the very end of the stem closest to the trunk looked really funny so off they went check out the 7th picture . the next 3 is my littlest Jack H its the one I cut the 2 stems from ,

So I brought the 3 stems up to cut the nugs off and put them in my drying tray, I just tossed the stem on he computer desk and my pot thief grabbed the smallest one and started running around with it like a dog would Last picture the 6th picture is one of my accidental fluxing job .t

Mutient Louie doubled in size and still has 3 leafs its second set is coming in the same way will take pictures tomorrow
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          I see what you mean on the 6th picture

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          ya they looked loose in the main trunk weirdest thing Ive seen lol

Just spritzed the girls, this is my first auto grow & I'm liking the growth on Althea, Thing #1. I plan to do LST in a spiral as I had much luck with that over the summer. I'm nervous about topping & will probably not try it. I practiced on an outdoor plant but I only have these 2 indoors. And Annie already had stunted growth & just started her comeback. Click image for larger version

Name:	AAG 13.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	277746
        "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          You might help me a bit. I’m going to spiral train Jr and it’ll be my first time doing it. Do you have a pic of last years you could email me? I’m only book smart about it

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean spritz?

• GlitterFarm
          GlitterFarm commented
          Editing a comment
          I will def look thru pics for ya.
          And I spritz them with water a few times a day because the humidity is too low in my tent.

🎵🎵
        Saturday, Saturday, Saturday
        Saturday, Saturday, Saturday
        Saturday, Saturday,
        Saturday night's alright
        🎵🎵

Royal Gorilla Automatic (RQS)
        56-70 days from germination
        50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis

Having just measured the light distance (30") I need to make some adjustments to their environment. They need a stool 😁

Thing 1
        20 days from seed

she is doing great, working on filling out 3rd set of real leaves.
        a little tuft in there for the 4th node.
        Soon, soon my little pretty, I will be topping you

Thing 2
        14 days from seed

well, the poor thing ain't gonna win no beauty pageants, but she is beautiful to me 😍
        her 1st true leaves, one of the fingers didnt separate, so one side one has 2 fingers
        the next node coming, is also... odd. 1 side has a normal, 3 finger leaf, the other side has 1 finger? 😁

It doesn't matter that she might be deformed or hideous and grotesque, I'm going to run her, until she flowers, then chop her down ✂️✂️✂️ 😁

before the chopping, there will be some training - not sure what, yet. The wonky leaves, 2 nodes in a row, is concerning (hoping she shakes it off on the next node)
        she is only 14 days, lots of grow time

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          A roller skate jam named Saturday?

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          that is odd I think the deforms are pretty funny and cool , I'm hoping my mutient louie will make it she got 3 leafs instead of 2 ,her second set of leafs are the same way

Here tis Saturday again some before and after pics, then spray the foliage again. The girls are 30 days old, from left Headbanger, White Widow (the wicked witch of the west) and last the White Moscow (the freak). The White widow is more tolerant to high PH than the other 2, PH is now 6.5-7.0, will continue to drop it a bit. I have pulled the limbs away from the center top on the wicked witch, so the top can be a bit taller than the side limbs. The WM/freak is so thick I can hardly get my fat fingers in to take a few leaves out, broken limb is doing fine,,.
        Any tips or comments?

Comment

• GlitterFarm
          GlitterFarm commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise your girls are gorgeous.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          looking great

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Month old? Are you shitting us🤔😂. They look great!

Well would you look at that? It's Saturday.

Today is day 12 for Bubbasaurus Rexa. I bought this camera called wyze cam for $30 on Amazon, and I stuck it in my tent so I can check on it at anytime from my phone.

I can also make timelapses with it, something I've always wanted to do. I need an SD card to use the timelapse option on the app, but I just take a few random pics throughout the day and make a GIF out of them.

I'm using about a 1 tsp silica Blast, 1 tsp CalMag, 1/8 tsp of Megacrop, and 1/16 tsp of sweet candy. I can see I need to up that because she's turning slightly pale in the middle. I've been watering every 36 hours - 2 days depending on how the coco looks.

Happy Saturday everyone!

​​​​​​​
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67447.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	277958 Well since I’m awake.... this makes 2 weeks for the girls. Still having heat issues but still doing okay over all. Started on nutes. 1/4 strength grow big and big bloom. No signs of burn. Actually a little yellow maybe. But all is good I think. The three are ahead because of my cat biting the other ones head almost off. But she’s still alive. And ignore my zombie GSC. She needs to be transplanted but I have no where to put her. Need someone to take her already. But anyways, I think if things keep going the way they are my babies are really gonna take off under their MH this next week. Fingers crossed 🤞 for week 3! Here we go!
        Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-22-2018, 06:35 AM.
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh and my RH is absolute shit. Need a humidifier but no room in the damn tent. Fml

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          two things Juicy if you had a gallon pot that would keep the gsc for awhile and it looks like it will fit right in the middle , If your rh is to low you can mist the walls of your tent the will help I have the opposite problem lol

Looking good 89 my 2 white Moscow's poped last nite and hit starter cubes this morn. 18 hrs on heating pad and boom

Comment

To bad I missed the fun but my photo grow didn't match up. Ill post pics of my autos as they grow up this strain says 8 weeks from germ so I might b close with u guys. Happy growing and good luck

Comment

Day 12 for White Moscow, about doubled in size the last 5 days. Not sure how I want to grow it, may just let it grow as suggested by Paul at New Guy 420 or may top and bend her. I usually start with a plan then the plan changes every couple days. LOL 1st pic. is Day 7, 2nd is Day 12.
            Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
            Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
            36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
            4 bulb T5's for Veg.
            2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
            IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
            3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
              uncledoug commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69, Yea I.m going to top her and see how it goes. I need the practice. Maybe I'll learn some new tricks. Hope you and the family have a Merry Christmas.

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              uncledoug that sounds like a great plan, your gonna do a fine job, hope you are feeling better, ole bud.

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Our buddy Red suggested I top after my second, so I’d have a north, south, east, and west on my Jr. So, that what I did yesterday. I’m the same as you on figuring out how I’m gonna train. I’ve been planning on spiral on her, but I may just go 90 degree angle on all mains since her bag will be in the corner of my tent and my flux box takes up the center. I’m excited to see everyone’s grows on this competition. Red and I just wanted to come up with something that would challenge everyone in different ways with different strains. It sucks how he’s not going to be with us anymore on this.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X