The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Auto Showdown

Ok guys if anyone is about to start some autos let's all get in this one thread grow our asses off and help each other. Right now I know it will be me Retodd, hopefully PaganRich, I'm hoping D.A.A.S.69 will throw a plant on of for no other reason to give advice. alltatup maybe you would want In? freddyyola, starramus, oldjarhead100, Mr.furley Weed Pharma, 9fingerleafs eaves GreenhouseEffect, and anyone else who has an @ at the beginning of their name.

The tentative date to start is December 1st but that could be flexible. And we are growing strains of all kinds so none will finish at the same time so fell welcome to jump in at anytime even if late. Just a friendly competition with plenty of smack talk and unrelated banter. Music is encouraged. The main goal here is to get those newer to autos to get some awesome yields. Learning from all those auto experts in one place. There are no parameters so anything goes.

We will be judging on total yields, and biggest buds according to Retodd. I want to throw in best trichome picture, prettiest bud, fastest finish, and any other thing you guys can think of.

Lets have some fun and the more who participate the more fun it will be. So who is up for it?
    Last edited by Redwasp; 11-19-2018, 07:53 AM.

My plant will be MSNL Blue Tooth Auto. I will also be growing auto ak47s from MSNL but wont be part of this.

My grow will be fox farms ocean forest soil, fox farms trio of nutes, 5 gallon fabric pots. They will start under t5s, go to 450 watt viperspectrum for a week or so, then 1000 watt MH until it starts to flower then go to 1000 watt HPS. I havent decided if I'm going 4 plants in a 4x4 space or 6 in the same space. I'll figure that out later. Training will just be topped with lst. They will be pruned but not defoliated or lolipopped. I will not be counting popcorn bud in my totals but feel free to count them in yours.

I think I covered everything on my side so who else is in and how and what are you going to grow. Again this is to help others learn how to get good yields from autos with just a little side fun on winning some ribbons. Lol But if you really want a ribbon I'll buy them and send them to you if you win any of the categories we make up. So how bout it.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      You should add too that you choose one certain plant from the start to make it completely fair. Mark the bag of the one you choose for the competition brother.

I'ma ponder this activity while I'm at work...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

And guys I am sorry I cant remember how to spell all your names shotgun, Toker1, so many many more great growers we can learn from. I'm sorry if I left your names out, LurkingInTheGrass, trying to remember but forgive me. To many great growers to keep up. We can learn from everyone of you. So just for fun throw an auto on and just have some fun. Talk some smack, teach us rookies, and banter.

Comment

Redwasp, as soon as we get some information from the new Dr, hopefully good information ,I'll give it a shot, if able,?
        Mine will be from New420Guy.
        Have a great day, and don't sting anyone today, lol.
        Good to hear from you, by the way,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

That would be so great @D.A A.S.69. Would love to have you on board as I'm sure I'll have some more questions for you.

Isnt @Mr. Furley growing new guy420 autos now? Or do I have my grows mixed up. I know his plants look awesome and appear about ready to harvest. Would be nice to have another powerhouse auto grower on board. I'm sure there will be many questions as I believe a few first and second time auto growers will be joining in. And hell D.A.A.S. you know damn well I have no clue how to put anything about growing into words. Lol Shit I'll just confuse people or make them think I'm hiding some info. You know I dont have much info on doing this. Lmao but it's the truth. I just grow them like I grow my tomatoes, corn, greens, okra, beans etc etc.

Be like me trying to tell someone how to find a deer in the woods. Lmao

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll grow photos, going to start some new seed about that time. But they would be photos.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey that will work. We can compare progress of autos to your photos.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok Redwasp I have devised a plan to grow a photo in your auto grow showdown and keep it interesting and most important to me informative..
            When can I germinate.

I'm in, should be a lot of fun. I'm going to grow White Moscow Auto Fem from New Guy 420. I just sprouted 4 of them but can do another Dec.1st. for this.
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
          IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds great. Welcome aboard. Invite your friends and enemies. Lol

• uncledoug
            uncledoug commented
            Editing a comment
            Guest, Have any pictures? or the posts name?

Great name brother for our competition. I still like AutoMagedden tho...lmao. Another thing we are encouraging is techniques with your grows. Thanks to Red on his advice on my new light, since mine took a shit yesterday, I’ll be using a vecrtascope 450 light that arrives on the 26th...thank God. My soil is a mix I’ve used for decades, it will change it up a bit. I’ll be growing jock horror for this. I’ve been prepping everything for this special competition, since I’ve talked so much smack to Red and Pagan...lol. Oh yeah....finishing first? Really? That’s only for sex my friend. The ex hated it when I would and then jump up and say I WIN!😂.
          Only Red will see what I’m doing before the 1st. I engineered a bit for the grow..🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

I feel so left out.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Canadians kick serious ass!!!!! Canuck147

• LurkingInTheGrass
              LurkingInTheGrass commented
              Editing a comment
              🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Americans against Canadian WOMEN hockey - is great to watch. The 'hate-on' always shows on the ice. No body checking allowed in women's hockey - but you can rub your opponent out along the boards.

I'm no expert but I'm in!

I'll drop another Lemon OG Haze from Nirvana in a 5 gallon pot of Sohum Soil. Spend 3 weeks under 4x26w 6500k cfls then move to the big tent with a 4200k 315cmh. I'll top once then LST and defoliate throughout.

Comment

I would love to be a part of this, I may be just a tad late to the game though. I have 2 plants that are gonna need at least 3 more weeks. Great idea! I love a good auto showdown!

Not exactly sure what I will grow yet, but I'll let ya know when I figure it out!
              Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good

I'm in the process of shutting down for a few months- but will be watching with great intrigue!
              It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                Well that's a bummer but I surely understand. We all need a break sometimes. But mine usually lasts about a week before I change my mind. Lol

• Weed Pharma
                Weed Pharma commented
                Editing a comment
                My break is for all the right reasons - oversupply and extended vacation!

Ill b watching as I'm about to try autos after my current is done should get some great info from all of u guys good luck to all

Comment

I'll definitely play along. Just waiting on one to finish - shouldn't be more than a week. Then I'll clean my tent and install a few upgrades I've ordered. Already have one - 6 inch Vortex S600 in line fan, which is speed controllable. But if you want to control the speed, you have to buy a separate speed controller. Which I did - not the cheap ass one with the low/medium/high settings - but the variable speed controller.

Waiting on a mail delivery of a new light - Optic 4 - Gen3 COB 415w - rotating mail strikes up here in the now freezing north complicate things.

My plant of choice will be 'Bubba Kush' - Humboldt Seeds
                Last edited by Canuck147; 11-19-2018, 04:31 PM.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Redwasp
                  Redwasp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like a plan. Cant wait to see how the new setup works out.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why don’t you send some cash my way ya hoser and I can pimp my grow even more😂. Glad your joining!

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was just rereading this post, and I realized I had been lying the whole time. My Bubba Kush was from Dinafem, not Humboldt 🤣🤣

Sorry I led you all astray

Hmmmm. December 1st, eh?

yes, I'm in 😁😁😁

lots of folk for me to pirate knowledge from 😁, um, I mean learn from. 😁

So, I cracked open the fridge, peeked into the seed vault (sounds way better than Mylar Envelope) and decided on...

Royal Queen Seeds "Royal Gorilla Automatic" (8-10 weeks from seed)
                DWC, GH Flora Trio
                600w HID

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X