No announcement yet.

On a lighter side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, we’re gettin’ mighty close to Granny’s recipes on The Beverly Hillbillies

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Ripe poke berries in a gallon crock add some sugar "nary a drop o water" (open covered with a cloth) set by the fireplace for 10 days, then cover with a seal lid run a bleeder tube into a glass of water. When the bubbling stops strain, 1 T per day for rumatiz,,,,, dont work here I dont have natural yeast,,,

poke berry bitters

Now, back when I was a boy, I recollect that my grandma made up a batch of poke berry bitters for her arthuritis. In the old days some folks made poke berry bitters and there was some who made poke berry wine.” He said. “There’s a big difference but grandma always told us younguns that the bitters was best for the rhematis.”

Now there is three things about makin’ the bitters that’s important and don’t you forget ‘em. The poke berries are bound to be picked when they are reddish purple like, before they has been touched by frost. The bitters must be made in a rock crock or jar and a body must never add no water while it is in the makin’.”

First thing you pick your poke berries when they turn the reddish purple color before frost has touched them. That’s when they are ripe and fullest with juice. Then you get a stone crock ‘cause it won’t do to make up your bitters in a metal tub or even glass.

when you get your poke berries, you mash ‘em up. Don’t never wash them, just mash ‘em up like they come out of the field. If you wash ‘em, there might be some water left on ‘em and you want to be sartin the inside of the crock is plum dry ‘cause grandma always said there’s to be narry a drap of water when makin’ the bitters.”

a body can make up any size batch a body wants, but grandma always made hers like I’m a tellin’ you. She would mash up two measured gallons of poke berries, then she’d layer them.

She’d put a layer of berries and a layer of sugar, a layer of berries and a layer of sugar until she had ‘em up to within a gallon of the top of the crock. Then she would set it in the corner nearest the hearth fire for it to ferment.”

The story is about a drink made from the mountain Poke Berry and old Jud had asked the obvious question in makin’—Why did she only fill the crock to within a gallon of the top when making the bitters?

Why son, so it wouldn’t spill over. When them poke berries got to workin’ they would bubble up and that space gave ‘em room to work in,” he answered. “the workin’ would take eight, maybe ten days, dependin’ on the weather, whether it was hot or cold.”

Then she would take ‘em when they finished workin’ and pour them in a flour sack.

Fer every gallon of juice she would get, she added a pound of sugar

. She would put a lid on the crock with a hole in it and run a tube from the crock into a jug of water. Then she would seal the top air tight with beeswax.”

Some folks would cover the crock with a bag of sand but grandma said her way was best. The juice in thecrock was still workin.”

Yes sir, when the bubbles stopped comin’ in the water through that tube sealed in the crock with beeswax, Grandma knew that the poke berry bitters was ready. She would strain it into jugs or jars and stopper ‘em good and tight.”

For her arthritis and rheumatism, she would take a tablespoon full after every meal. As long as she did, she never had a mite of trouble with the pains in her joints, and folks from all around the settlement would come to get her bitters for their aches and pains.

She would warn them though, ‘never take more than a tablespoon at a time, it might pisen a body ‘stead of curin’ ‘em’.”

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is the recipe as I found it,,,,

TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147 Dave's not here, but I certainly do remember high school. We wore military jackets and I drew black power fists on the backs. We skipped school and went downtown to the anti-vietnam protests. I even remember sitting in class feeling alienated and bored as hell.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      “I certainly do remember high school. We wore military jackets and I drew black power fists on the backs. We skipped school and went downtown to the anti-vietnam protests. I even remember sitting in class feeling alienated and bored as hell.”

Whew.....me too me too me too

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      On the other hand, I knew a few kids with 1600 SAT’s and I struggled to get a1050

LOL yep just keep on movin there and don't let it catch ya
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1578768134727.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	378418
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup I prefer titanium (no nickel content) lol 🤔

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 Did you ever read PFIQ (piercing fans international quartery)? Or the book Torture Garden? I was fascinated, from a very long distance away... Tho it did partially inspire my tattoos, that and Chicano culture...

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I have not seen that one. I was once subscribed to tattoo magazine. That’s how I got into artists like Paul Booth and Ben Wahhh.

so I flipped my grow room when I did , I cut one of my feedings the 830 pm to 832 pm ,then I had to change the time on the 4th feeding from 430 pm to 432 to 330pm to 332pm , My res was empty yesterday morning and I had filled it the night before so I went right to the timer and scrolled thru to the fourth setting on at 330pm and off at 332 am shit I fixed it but it didn't keep me from dumping 25 gallons of water on the girls they looked ok and now I know my drain system is working correctly
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it one of the Titan branded timers? Had this happen with my UV-B and it was on for 3 days...hermied a durban

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        not sure but it was my mistake I didn't set it to pm i stopped on am

If you've ever used this stuff you have to laugh, it is so true

Click image for larger version  Name:	79691177_1423151214475788_9139074378728734720_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	379221
      Last edited by GreenState; 02-27-2020, 10:32 AM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

You know the scene.... your waiting in a line at the deli counter in a supermarket. You’ve got to reach up and take a number from the red thing at the end of the counter

Click image for larger version

Name:	C69BEC2C-70B1-4DCD-A398-64CFC858AAB3.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	766.2 KB
ID:	379436

I think it’s a sign !

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. Gingerbeard I enjoy reading your comments the most. You are hilarious sir!

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard is definitely special, this place wouldn't be the same with out him. There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, Gingerbeard is special all right. He does not believe in conspiracy theories, but he believes in govt. agencies trying to take over our minds. I have to agree with him there, because I filtered out the subliminal message in all commercials on television, which is, "Vote Republican or you will die." This is why I stopped watching tv in 2006 and never listen to commercials on the radio.

Aw heck MJTECH, I don't believe in conspiracies. I believe in making fun of conspiracies. I believe in making up my own conspiracies. If you have a conspiracy you would like to share, let's see where it goes! I have so much fun with trolls, but someone winds up flagging them and my fun is gone. If you look down where it talks about my setup, the first line is all about gingerbeard.
        Paranoia? Sure, but not always.
        Reading into things that don't exist? I read things that don't exist. I have disguised insults. If I ever tell someone I like their shirt, yeah, for various reasons, that's an insult.
        I don't often talk about cats so as not to ruffle the forum's fur, as it were.
        Am I serious? When the occasion calls for it.
        FunkyButtLovin I prefer phenotype. For a while a group of friends called me 'Voltar, Secular Dark Lord of the 9th Underworld.' That's probably not a story I'll share.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          And what are they called? Gilliganians?

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha! I’m not picky, I’m just icky. 🤪

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Gingerbeard mrs howell ,you know now that im over 60 shes a looker lol I like mary ann

Maryann got busted in Oregon LOL she's kinda not doing to good.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm telling you, Mary Ann was rockin' Daisy Dukes before that whole Dukes show. Mary Ann's, baby. Gotta get me a pair of Chuck Norris's action pants. Google that one. Makin' me feel damn sexy.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes for weed I think she wrote bad checks also. Farmall my two older brothers had the same reaction LOL.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Where in the hell can you write checks for weed??? I gotta get me some checks and go there.

4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Or you can just block him!

Comment

OMG Gingerbeard she didn't write checks for weed you old red onry goat she just wrote checks that had no worth LOL. Hey whose family album is that yours?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              She smoked a check that she wrote on some hemp rolling papyrus. 🤣

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              I was looking SOBG. It's like so many police lineups. Maybe the second picture from the top? It's hard to tell without his glasses on. Or are you telling me one or more of those people are in my family? Clarify yourself, woman!

alltatup my cloudy soft lamb. You are bordering on subversion. You are over the border slanderous. You are openly admitting to slander and conspiracy to slander. Remember Napster? Yeah, well, anyone who buy's your garbage is going to get sued like that little twelve year old girl. Remember Ice-T's 'Body Count' album? Uh-huh. You're picking up what I'm laying down.
            Lack of limbs is no detriment to my use of other body parts. If I need propulsion I can take a deep breath and blow little bubbles like a motorboat. If my lips get tired I can blink my eyes like little swim fins. If a whale watching boat comes by I can get on my back and blow water out my nose and make them think I'm a big whale. Maybe do a breach. I have extra large ear lobes so can use them as sea anchors. When I need to pick up speed I can fold my earlobes into my ear canal. Think I'm kidding?
            I have another form of propulsion and steering but will leave that to another forum.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Napster? Who cares about car races?

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, my coconut macaroon. Car races. Car racers care about care races.

All y'all are killing me, I dont hate cats, i have several good recipes, cat the other white meat.
            Last edited by Rwise; 02-29-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Tastes like chicken!

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Meh... I grew up in Dallas. I've had snake, rocky mountain oysters (never afuckinggain), and alligator tail. Spent a year and a half in Louisiana. If you don't suck out the heads of your crawfish, you're probably a Yankee. Vacationed in Cyprus when I was a kid. Jellied goat brains were on the buffet. What are two siblings to do but dare the other to eat some? In Saudi I ate street food cooked on an oil drum. We were there in a time of major infrastructure construction. To this day, I love the miasma of diesel, oil, smoke, and red dirt. It makes my mouth water for mutabak.
              Snake tastes like snake. Rocky mountain oysters taste and feel like bull balls. Alligator is flavorless. Crawfish brains taste like the mud they grew up in. Goat brains actually taste better coming up than going down.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually about 30 miles north of Daytona Beach on A1A there is a place that serves alligator tail. It tasted like a mild lobster to me and I have been there about 12 times. 1 time each bike week. For goat brains, I go to White Castle

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X