Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Berries
    commented on 's reply
    I feed a big head feral tomcat and a smaller feral female. The female I give refuge in the garage because tomcat. But the tom was just sitting out in the blowing snow getting all frosted up. I finally collared him and drug him inside the garage. Spent two days holed up.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I was pinch-hitting feeding the neighbors' feral cat porch while they were away. On the worst day I was totally bundled up, walking full stride across the street back toward my house when a gust stopped me dead in my tracks. It was an odd feeling. My washing machine drained clogged, I couldn't use the kitchen sink either, for two weeks because furnace and broken pipe calls were overwhelming.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    I want to poke at all y'all who are getting bomb cyclone'd because I'm looking at temperatures in the low 70's for the next few days.
    But seriously, take care of y'alls's selves'.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Is Santa Claus buried in Ireland? - BBC Travel

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise My great uncle next door was born ~1870, lived to 89. He was an outdoorsman, collected, numbered and journaled every arrowhead and artifact he found along the IL River and hunting grounds, made skirts out of rattlesnake tales, had every hunting license and duck stamp framed, since they were required. My dad got up at 3 am to go sit in duck blinds, for sport not need. I grew up eating quail, mallords, geese, wild and tame rabbit, squirrels, other birds. I watched a lot of it get cleaned. His first deer hunt he shot a huge buck - I only can eat deer jerky. My mom made all of that taste good, esp wild rabbit in the oven. She actually cooked a wild game dinner for the owner of the finest restaurant in the area, he used to be the chef to a Swiss General, drove a Pantera.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Puglover1 You bet I do, I was a hunter when I could walk in the woods and carry a riffle. I prefer my fish to come from "my" fishing hole, that shit in store tastes like lard. I still have my first riffle, a .22 air gun, I could take the eyes out of a bird with it. As a kid my Mom would get up, notice salt, pepper, and foil gone, a sure sign Richard was not going to be home for a few days. We lived on tree rats, frogs, rabbits, and fish. To grownup here now for any real hunting, many of the best pond were filled in, sad.
    Some years ago I invited a friend to diner, he ask if I was cooking deer, I said no we'll be having chicken fried steaks, mashed tatters and gravy. On his 4th plate he said damnit Richard you tricked me this is deer! Yep and he luved up to that moment. LOL

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise I know they hunt them to reduce head counts in Texas, I think I remember being told by a friend that some people eat that organic meat ... would you?

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Puglover1 Yes, my brother has a place about 10 miles west of me, and he and his sons hunt them, that would be real organic meat.

• Puglover1
    replied

I don't know if this will work because FBook but in the words of Larry David, it's pretttaay, prettaay prettaay funny

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup CVS: praised themselves for stopping selling cigarettes. Every ad, every other end cap, is full of candy deals. Diabetes = $$$$ in supplies and meds, lung cancer not so much. I quit going in their stores a few years back.

Rwise Still fortunate to have a town grocery store with good meat. A poultry company in the town north of me, and a meat locker 30 minutes away but they deliver to town 1-2x/week: whole animals processed, quads, halves or pkg mixes. I mostly buy their ground beef, a tad bit of fat, no gristle, and very tasty. Surprised you don't have access there. Do you have those crazy wild hogs, like in Texas?

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup organic beef is really hard to find, and the crap at the store no longer even tastes like beef. There are a few farmers one can buy direct from half cow at a time.

• GreenState
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	crack.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	583600

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I totally believe there is a conspiracy to make the American public as sick as possible by getting everyone to eat junk food (or take opioids); this is how doctors, pharma, etc. stay filthy rich. Diabetes, obesity and heart disease are trillion-dollar industries.
    Rwise stick with organic.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Did you see the crap on dark chocolate being full of lead?
    Edit Or go ask your butcher why we cant get beef soup bones any more. The one I ask turned around walked away into the back and he now does that when he sees me coming.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Do a little googling of vintage cigarette ads. This may look fake...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X