Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome back MedMan1!!!! Get your grow on, man!!!!!

• MedMan1
    replied
    Well im subbed in . Getting ready to start another grow next week .
    Been a member here for a few years but opened a new account because couldn't get password reset . So old name MedMan and new name is MedMan1 .
    So very good thread i am going through to get caugjt up on everything i missed out on the last year . Glad to be back

Leave a comment:

• farmerjim
    commented on 's reply
    Totally. Round buckets are scary. You using bulkheads uniseals? I like the square EZStor containers and want to try those on the next rdwc. They are a little priceytho... i went with the container store 10 gal totes for about 5 bucks a pop...🤓👍

• IGH
    replied
    well, i said i would update.

the room is still a mess from setting up the last 2 grow spaces. ugh. gotta clean that up today, parts for the new rdwc been coming all week and i already have everything for the manifolds.
    had a couple issues in the tent this week. had a small leak in one of the round head buckets. no more round buckets after this.
    also lost 25% of the purple kush canopy. 10 days into 12-12 and found out 1 of 4 was a boy. im over it already. and im confident i will still get a dry pound from that 4x4 space. grower woes hahaha!
    a few shameful pics, but hey, this is a starting point.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    I can't remember where, right off, but I read about a guy who found a medical O2 pump - and was using it, with great success

If I can find the link, will post it

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    She's really lovely!!

• Trichomefarmer88
    replied
    I would just like to share my monster gorilla glue #1 that I've been growing... i honestly believe this is the biggest plant I've grown myself in doors!! I have her in a 5x5 tent and she takes up a good 3x3 area of it! Running 1000watt hps light ( eye hortilux super hps) witch honestly i believe has been out performing any other bulb I've tried! The hype is real!!!!! Lol i also switched my flowering fed from general hydroponics maxibloom Lucas formula, to advanced nutes ph perfect base, with bud blood powder, big bud powder, overdrive, hydrogaurd, photosynthesis plus, oh yeah, and general hydro cal magic.. i will run additives back to back, not all at once lol... also just using homemade dwc buckets! Works great and all the plants seem to love it

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Baphomatt I just looked this product up: it looks intriguing, and I'll bet it works way better than air stones. I'ma have to save up for one...

• Baphomatt
    commented on 's reply
    O2. They replace air pumps/stones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPcrCwgGIoO2.

• FlyingDutchPaddy
    commented on 's reply
    O2 as in, Oxygen that we breath and the plants make for us?
    or did you mean CO2, Carbon Dioxide?

• FlyingDutchPaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Farmall,

What I noticed with top fed watering is that the plant will grow a dense root system in the container the plant is held in, spread out beyond the container and the roots that find the water below will continue developing into a big "root ball".

if you were to discontinue the top fed water and feed the bucket itself, the roots in the water will continue to soak up the nutrients in the water.
    I don't know what happens to the roots in the container if they will dry out, but theres nothing wrong with continuing the top feed of water throughout the grow.

• Baphomatt
    replied
    Any of you hydro folks have any experience with O2 emitters?

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Have a look here. I pretty much followed the guide
    This step-by-step grow guide will teach you how easy it is to grow cannabis using bubbleponics. This method provides consistent huge yields and a quicker harvest compared to most other grow methods.

Yes - you need to refresh your reservoir (drain and refill) every week to ten days, all the way through the grow.

Once the roots get into the aerated nutrient solution, you take the top feed off - they get everything they need from below

• Farmall
    replied
    Thanks DankwingDuck...I seem to be missing something.... is it not necessary to refresh the nutrient solution by filling and draining from the reservoir Tank then a week or so later change the entire solution and keep the process going? I seem to be not understanding : once the roots are established the same old air stone water just gets refreshed weekly or so?..... lost for sure
    Last edited by Farmall; 09-13-2018, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SinsemillaScientist
    commented on 's reply
    It's not a perfect fix, but i use a 1/8 dose on my plants and 1/2 dose in aquariums, it will knock out any beneficial bacteria as well sadly. But its gentle enough that my guppies or aquatic sword plant arent affected. Pictures to come afterall scientists experiment right?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X