Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangi
    replied
    That's correct ... plastic dome seems to serve only as a support structure to protect the 4 pieces of perforated tubing on the bottom. Haven't tried AIT in coco (though did give it a try in DWC and, frankly, wasn't impressed with the quality of the materials ... easily plugged, can become brittle ... nor was I impressed with the customer service I received when inquiring about product specifications pre-purchase). Nonetheless, the AIT design strikes me as more appropriate to your fertigation setup. Perhaps all the makings for a side-by-side trial?!

Pics below were taken 2 months after transplanting from DWC. I hand watered for the first 7-10 days until they seemed to be settled and had established a decent root structure, then turned on the AutoPot and AIrDome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7914.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	215538Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7917.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	215539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7919.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	215540

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    So you rec the AIT over the domes? or vice versa?
    On the domes, the air doesn't actually come out of the dome, right. It comes out below... What does the dome actually do?

• Rangi
    replied
    Campesino , I just started using the AutoPots/Domes 3 months ago. So far, I'm really impressed with the product. Particularly dummy-proof for new growers (like myself) who might over/under water.

Difficult to say how much the AirDomes contribute to the success to date, but for such a low-cost item, it didn't make sense to me not to include them in the setup. Similar in concept to the products offered by Modular Hydro (https://airinjectiontechnology.com/AIT-for-Soil_c3.htm), and I wonder with your top-feed fertigation if the "basket design" might give you more air:water contact?

Name:	IMG_7431.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	215528Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7432.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	215529Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7434.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	215530

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Rangi ,
    I would love to talk to you about AirDomes!!!
    Thoughts on adding them to non auto-pots? Fabric pots with coco and frequent fertigation. Thinking of running them for a few minutes during fertigations... Any and all thoughts welcomed!

• Rangi
    replied
    Thanks so much for starting this feed. I started growing last year in boxes and have visited the GWE site daily to problem-solve and problem-prevent! I'm looking forward to becoming active in this Forum.

Like many, I have had to overcome root rot, various deficiencies and toxicities, nute lockout, cloning failures and wpm as I have made tweaks (and some major overhauls) to dial in my ambient and in-box environments, developed consistent procedures, and attempted to prevent (or reduce the likelihood of)( as many problems as possible before they happen.. It continues to be one of the most exciting, challenging and - at times - quite overwhelming ventures I've taken on in life!

Here is what I have happening in my boxes atm:

1. Mothership - I currently have a White Shark mom in coco in an AutoPot with AirDome. I will be adding some new moms/strains to this box (4-AutoPot setup with AirDomes) from my seed collection in time. I've decided to stick with growing White Shark only for the next few runs so that I can really come to understand this strain and develop as a grower generally before I introduce new (strain) variables.
    2. Bloombox Cloning Chamber - Currently on standby. Within the next few days, I'll be taking cuttings from the mom and to root them in my cloner.
    3. Bloombox Veg Chamber - I transplanted rooted clones from the cloner last week to veg. I'll likely top them in the next few days and they'll be moved to a Producer to flower in a couple of weeks
    4. Producer A - White Shark almost ready to harvest (1-3 more days of flush then 24-48 dark then chop). Looking VERY nice!
    5. Producer B - Currently on standby.

I will post grow journals for each crop within the next few days. Then I'll stay on top of it and provide regular updates and - without question - I'll be reaching out to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here! Thanks very much for taking the time to peruse!
    Last edited by Rangi; 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    I'd pinch it off. are these 3 weeks old?

how often does that tray flood?

• IslandColas
    replied
    Aloha guys,

I already made a thread about this but wanted to post it here as well to get your opinion specifically on it.

So I just made the flip yesterday on my SOG of Rozay, a cross of Sunset Sherbert and Purple Bomb, and I’m just curious what the community thinks about the scraggly undergrowth along the stalks. It’s all healthy new growth but I’m worried it may be a waste of energy for the plants. What are your thoughts? Pictures below..

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Well, to be honest, if the tank is downstairs, it shouldn't matter! The siphon effect will pull all the water back down into the tank after each fertigation no matter how the lines are arranged in the tent. So you can keep it elegant inside with the feed lines along the floor and shaded.
    Curious if anyone would disagree with this.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Campesino I saw that in your post. you'll see my res is very similar. I use a bubbler/distributor at the top on my res.

I'll have to bit the bullet and rearrange so I can make the hoses run that way even though it effects everything else in the space. you know that sliding numbers puzzle? goes against my sense of order

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Well, you won't have to worry as much about it if the tank is that far below the pots because all water will drain back into the tank (perfect). Just need to get a pump that can lift water that height. May need to invest a little there, but certainly can be done.

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    Campesino, yes, it's about 10 degrees cooler below.

• Campesino
    replied
    Cronk

Name:	Campesinos Drip Schematic SIDE.png
Views:	515
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	215045

Name:	IMG_9073.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	215046

Leave a comment:

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Cronk are you moving the tank to keep it cool?

Looking at your pic, I think you could do it just like mine. I'll post a schematic I made for my Drip Guide below (can't post pics in comments)

• Cronk
    commented on 's reply
    Campesino, yes the lines. problem is swapping position of the tent and res. The layout of the building dictates their placement. Also, finding a pump to send the water 12' vertically if I want to put the res a floor below. not sure what kind of pump will do that. good call with the water bottles.

• Campesino
    commented on 's reply
    Cronk Could you use frozen water bottles on those hottest days? They should be effective in a tank that size. Probably 1 frozen 2 liter bottle would drop it from 80 to 70 in under an hour.

Also, don't forget the issue about the water in the lines that Obi-Wan raised earlier. You should try to have the lines go up out of the tank and then down to the plants, rather than down from the tank and up to the plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X