Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing PH. Am i doing it right?

Hello again my friends!

It is my first time dealing with Ph problems.
    I've read a lot about it and started to fix that problem.
    However I want to make sure that Im doing everything right!

So after 8 weeks in veg my 2 plants started to show some nutrient deficiencies (brown spots on leaves, yellowing leaves etc.)
    After reading a lot I found out that I need to take care of PH. So I bought Ph drop tests.
    First of all checked the PH of water which I was using
    to water my plants and it was almost 8.0!!!

Than I managed to lower PH on 6.5 ( with PH down, which I also bought) and watered my plants. After that I checked the runoff water PH
    and it was about 7.5

So after that I'm waiting till next watering (on which Im going to use same 6.5 Ph water or lower) and check PH of runoff water again.
    and continue that processes until PH will get back to normal (Runoff will be almost same as water going in)

Please note that after first watering with proper Ph water, damaging of leaves have slowed downed, but haven't stopped.

So waiting for your advises if Im doing all this right

Thanks!

What's the whole story? Feeding them nutes?soil?DWC?
    Sounds to me like a calcium/magnesium deficiency.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• OzBud
      OzBud commented
      Editing a comment
      you really love the calmag diagnosis don't you? that might be a symptom but pH would be the cause of the problem. Treat the cause before the symptom.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda hard to say anything without pictures OzBud.

you can do it that way if your plant isn't in a crisis situation,
    or in an emergency just keep putting more and more water though until runoff comes out in the correct range.
    Doing it that way can lead to overwatering and other problems though and should really only be used as a last resort.
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

thanks OzBud.

I think that it is in emergancy situation cause after watering plant have already lost 2 healthy leaves.

I think that I cant wait until next watering and will do it tomorrow with little amount of nutrients.

P.S what you mean about keep putting more and more water until runoff comes out in correct range.
      water them every day or many times in one day

Comment

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Good knowledge

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        all at once, not throughout the day as the roots will be wet for longer increasing chance of problems. just keep putting water through it until the runoff is at the right pH. it will seem like a lot of water, which it will be but it's the fastest way to get in the right pH range. Plant won't be too happy about it and may droop but hopefully it doesn't take too long to start drying out. Point a fan at the soil to help start drying it out quicker once you're finished.

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        if they've got lots of leaves losing two might not be a major issue (growers often defoliate numerous healthy leaves at a time), but you'll still want to get the pH in line fairly quickly. Up to you which method you choose but pH definitely needs to be sorted. Glad to hear you did some reading up on the problem as well!

thanks a lot!

And what about nutrients? Is it good idea to use a very little ammount of it? ( in water which i will use to correct ph) Or using just clean water is better solution

Comment

Zaxar when I flush I take a 5 gallon bucket and ( I took a hard sided water catch tray the kind you put under the plant to catch runoff) put a catch tray on top drilled some holes for run off .them I put my plant on top of this and pour 5 gallons of water though it. test the runoff in the bottom bucket if its not right use more water . Let plant drain completely before returning to grow room and don't use nutes until next watering
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Need more information like Ozbud said about what your setup is. Some good information above, and on GWE about flush .Get your PH right will be a big help. Good Luck Hal
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I had high soil PH on this grow and was amazed to learn how wrong PH can effect grows. My problems showed up earlier in grow than yours but I would still get PH right first. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about a couple of leaves, I defoliated a 1/2 grocery bag full of leaves several times during grow. I would remove damaged leaves so the aren't a drag on new growth. When do you plan to switch to flower light schedule? Plants get a little more sensitive during flower.
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

So the situation is:

Yesterday I took 3x more water than my pot is. Checked Ph which was about 8.0, than I added little amount of PH down liquid. Checked PH again and it was between 6 and 7. (I cant say correct number cause I use drops)

Started flushing. After I used half of water I checked the runoff PH and It was still high (about 8.0) than I added more PH down liquid to my water and continued flushing. But no any kind off effect. No netter how much PH down I added and how much I flushed the runoff PH was still 8.0

Please note that PH drop test and PH down liquid I bought in store for swimming pools, cause I cant find any in other places in my country. You can see them in pics bewlow.
              Another thing is that the plants still continue to grow, no meter the fact that lower leaves are dying.

I was thinking maybe the PH down I bought is for only swimming pools and cant do anything in soil and maybe i need another method to lower PH

Thanks

Comment

Did you fill it up to the line? It's only half way up. I'll assume you poured some out

Comment

Organic "pH Down"
                  • lime
                  • lemon
                  • vinegar
                  Organic "pH Up"
                  • baking soda
                  Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                  600W HPS
                  Coco
                  GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Previous grows:

Comment

make sure you fill to the line on the tester too. its designed to work with a specific volume of water / test drop ratio
                    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                    600W HPS
                    Coco

Previous grows:

Comment

Thank you

Comment

• OzBud
                        OzBud commented
                        Editing a comment
                        you're welcome. came from a GWE article, handy to know as they can be found around the house

• Jeg
                        Jeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah I just never remember and my sticky notes are easy to find. I've been doing this when y'all give useful info here lately. Thanks again

So one more qustion

If i will use organic PH down like lemon or vineger I should mix it in water?

Of so how much lemon/vineger should I use?

Comment

• OzBud
                        OzBud commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yep definitely mix with water. Not sure on quantities, just add a bit, test and go from there.
                        Keep track though, if you go too far down, don't try to adjust back up. Start again with more fresh water and whatever amount you know you added the last time before it went too low.

FINALLY!!!

I want to say BIG thanks to all the members who gave me helpful advises here!

Yesterday after hours of flushing.. I finally got my runoff about 6.5. Im very excited! thank you again
                      I used lemon powder, mixed it with water and thats it!! PH is 6.5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X