Fixing PH. Am i doing it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great to hear bro!
    For future problems you can also use a clearing/flushing solution to clear out your soil. Two popular ones are Clearex and GH Florakleen.
    They're made to leach out any excess nutrient build up in your soil. Just for future reference.
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

You've had some good advice and sounds like it worked. Time to let things stabilize before you make any more adjustments. It sounds like there was a large amount of something in your soil which took a lot of neutralizing. Now that it's in an acceptable range, let the plant and soil dry out for a couple days. Cannabis roots don't do well if the soil stays very wet for more than a day or two. Was that new soil or had it been used before?

If it was new out of a bag from the garden store, avoid that brand next time since it probably came with some sort of 'plant food' mixed in. Nothing wrong with re-using soil, but as the Armadillo suggests, use something like Florakleen to get rid of salts etc. between plantings. If you don't have much of a selection locally, try to find a soil mix intended for cactus or other succulents. Those are made to drain faster than heavy soil mixtures. You can also add some perlite to help it drain.

One thing to be aware of is that the more pure your water, the less it takes to change its pH. If it's really pure, just adding the pH test drops will change it a little. Whatever you were fighting was obviously there in large quantities, which is why it took so much flushing to get rid of it. Try to figure out where it came from before your next grow. Maybe get the soil wet and watch the pH for a day or three before planting seeds in it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X