X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    I mean shouldnt ppm be at least 900?
    The PPM really depends on the plant. If it seems like it's getting pale all over or at the bottom (not at the top) then it's a good sign it needs higher levels of nutrients overall. If you see tip burn it means you've hit the max the plant can use.

Here's all the things that can affect PPM numbers
    • Each plant is different, and some want more nutrients than others
    • Each nutrient system is different, and some are "stronger" and easier to burn your plants with. Chemical nutrients in particular burn a lot easier than organic nutrients. Imagine if water just had a bunch of inert dirt in it, it could have 2000 PPM and would have almost no nutrients in it, but 500 PPM of chemical nutrients could be enough to burn and kill your plant (since it's so easy to absorb the plant would take it all up at once).
    • Different mediums hold onto nutrients differently (heavy soil holds onto nutrients very well and need overall lower levels of nutrients, while nutrients drain away easily in light soils)
    • Every person's starting water is different. Your water could start with basically 0 PPM (Reverse Osmosis water) or 300 PPM (like my terrible tap water), which affects how the plant absorbs nutrients and what the final PPM should be
    • Environment - for example plants need lower PPMs when it's hot or dry and they're drinking a lot
    • To make things even more confusing, different TDS meters measure PPMs differently, and won't match with each other. So it's really hard to come to a "correct" PPM that applies to every grower.
    At least for me, I pay attention to the plant, and use the PPM as a reference to see how it responds at your particular numbers. If I'm raising the PPM and the plant shows nutrient burn, I know that is too much PPM.

My only other piece of advice is to closely watch the natural color of the top leaves on your plant once they hit about Week 5-6 of the flowering stage. When you have a really great and powerful LED like yours, it can be easy to cause early yellowing to your top leaves. Certain plants can get picky in the flowering stage and need the light further away than they did before. When I've grown under LEDs it's easy to forget to check the plants in natural light, and sometimes you might miss yellowing if it happens gradually over a few days or weeks. Once you hit about Week 6 of the flowering stage, your plants can get REALLY finicky so it's good to keep a close eye of how it looks in natural light

That got really long, I'm not sure how!

The main point is your buds look very well developed for their age - a really great start to flowering!

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Day 15 😀

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Raised the lights about 2.5 inches yesterday and had to water. Seems they really like the go box bloom nutes. Only 3 days between feedings now. Have dialed in just what they need but wondering if could push the nutes a bit further. Ppm at full reconended feeding is only at 620. Contemplating stepping them up in increments until almost double that. I mean shouldnt ppm be at least 900?

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    beginning of day 14. Adjusted contrast and all that stuff. all the other plants are way behind this one, the Girl Scout cookie sativa leaning pheno.
    Last edited by GDTRFB95; 04-02-2017, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    They look good to me! Must have just been a trick of the light. It can be hard to see the color clearly under LEDs

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    These are my 2 sweet tooths. The one on the right is the one that's had the magnesium lockout issues. Its way more pronounced under the leds. This photo was at time of switch to 12 12

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! You know at the same time I think maybe you were looking at one of my sweet tooths. Around week 3 or 4 it got a magnesium lockout and after a couple flushes is doing quite a bit better but idk I guess It's gotten a little better with each flush. Do you know should i need to be flushing every couple feedings with the gen organic go box? Keep seeing different things on that.. i plan to use a finishing flusher at the end but have been wondering are they good to use inbetween feedings? Will get some asap if itll help clear her up to have a better finish

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    Looks very healthy to me! The color is perfect

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    This is the gsc that was kinda yellow under led. Actually looks like she is very happy with the feeding i just gave last night. Thinking to give her maybe even a slightly stronger nute solution next feed. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    10 days in. Lights just came on for #11

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Also.. it appears that GSC is a different pheno type (way sativa) so its been getting taller faster. Its only 15 inches away from the lights and the others are between 20 to 17 inches. Going to look around the house for some things to stand them on to even them out but it def seems the best light is directly under the lights so dont want to train them out into the open spaces around the edges to much and on that note i think i was too ambitious planted to many.. either that or not let them get so big next time. Maybe manifold for only 4 tops or something.. These 5 are my only girls though so 1 extra is ok with me. 4x4 tent comes in tomorrow. Veg light came in today. Thinking i should move everything into the tent asap to help control the humidity as it starts picking up. Its at 60rh when door closed fan on high now but many inefficiencies think can get it way lower than that in the tent. Going to let the high rh/temp closet become my veg station

Thank you for looking at my stuff NebulaHaze I was just sharing your manifolding technique with some people today who only knew nugbuckets way. I love yours! Tried 3 different ones on this grow and by and far the plant I used yours on is the most even and beautiful looking bush to me

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Ok so that yellowing disturbed the hell out of me too until I pulled it out into regular light and it is actually a pretty nice green color. Not lime not super light.. idk. Ok so I am using the go box nutes order additional cal mag already.. ph on first bloom feed was 5.35 going in and came out 6.39 so i figure its about 6.8? (in in soiless)... wrong kind of high :/ this feeding (full nutes) went in at 5.05 and out at 5.98 figuring its at 6.3? Does that sound right? Its really confusing because I started off w cheap soil in my 1 gal then been using hp pro mix with nothing else mixed with every transplant. Going to go with coco next run I think. I do have ph up and down but been hesitant to use because go box says shouldnt need it

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    Your garden looks great! Is it possible that the GSC with the yellowing leaves are more sensitive to light than the other plants? Some plants are particularly light-sensitive. I noticed the yellowing seemed worst under the LEDs, so I wonder if moving those particular plants to the edges of the grow might help stop the yellowing? Just curious, what nutrients have you been using and have you been checking the pH?

Can't wait to see how everything develops, they seem like they love what you're doing so far!

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Also got a whiteboard to keep notes and better track of stuff. Figure can scribble on here and save photos of it

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Bubbling the nutes for a few hrs only. Figure this way i can get everything ready and watering might only take an hr lol

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X