• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Indeed 😊

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you very much day by day.

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Tika! Was sorry to hear about your family passing. Swear i wrote something on your post but i dont see it there now 😯 Puppers are the best!! πŸ˜£πŸ˜“Sending a big hug πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

• Tika
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful armature. Hope you save your trunks

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    This is the gsc i mainfolded nebulas way! Super even structure and theyre fattening up nice!!

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    My babies are starting to really stink

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Just some pics of the seeds soaking and paper towels wrapped in a heating mat. Also tied down My Girl Scout cookie clone. Cuttings are from sweet tooth my buddy wanted them but I haven't gotten to him yet. They're starting to look a little bit shabby. So I'm really Diggin having access to my temperature and humidity in my grow tent while I am sitting in my room it is awesome lights are out and its 35% humidity 69 degrees Fahrenheit. I dig it. I guess I now need to start a new grow journal for this

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, so it will be sufficient to keep the genetics for a while. Idk.. I would like to mess around eventually crossing whatever i have here(if any males arise or friends have any)and try to develop a strain of my own. I will be getting more strains as well and I have more seeds of each of these also but figure if I get a good strong plant this time why not keep my favorites going at least. Thank you for everything Nebula you make my πŸ’š ☺

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    Originally posted by GDTRFB95 View Post
    If I continue to clone a plant does it start to have issues? Or can you clone the clone forever? Feel like ive heard there comes a point where quality suffers as well as pest resistance..idk where heard that though.
    This is a topic of great debate! So one thing for sure is you can take a clone of a clone for at least 10 generations and many years, because I've seen it happen There are clone-only strains that are at least 20 years old and older and still going strong, for example there are original OG Kush clones that supposedly have been propagating since the 90s! However, it's very important to only ever take clones of the most vigorous and fast-growing plants.

The problem is that after a while plants can start to get sort of weakened. Not that their bud comes out differently as much as you just end up with plants that aren't as vibrant and fast-growing. Good clones grow very fast, and seedlings come out of the gate running, but you'll sometimes have certain clones that just don't grow as fast and seem to have trouble "getting going" if you know what I mean. This is something that starts to happen if you keep a mother plant in the vegetative stage for a year or longer. They just don't seem happy, and their clones don't seem as happy.

However, it seems like being very careful to only choose the best mother plants goes a long way. It's important to take big clones so they start growing very fast from the beginning. You shouldn't take clones of plants that went through tough times, because it can also weaken their clones. Some growers will keep a mother plant for about a year, then pick one of the most special clones and make that be the new mother plant, so that you're only taking a clone of a clone once a year, yet keeping each plant more "fresh".

However, if someone really wants to make a strain available forever, in my opinion they should be spending those years trying to stabilize the strain with seeds using back-crossing and other breeding techniques!

Sometimes growers can stretch out a clone's genetics without running into the vibrancy issue by finding two plants that make perfect seeds together, and keep breeding them for seeds. So you could do the same technique as before, and you could make the strain last even longer since the seeds they make come out vigorous even after the mother plants start getting weakly. Whenever there's an "F1 Hybrid" strain, that's how they do it.

But in the end, the answer is that you can take clones of clones for a long time, but as the years go on it gets harder

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Day 20. Moved the ladies into the tent. Also left my small gsc clone behind to reveg. So far really like what its momma is doing so may want to revisit. Soaking Sb, Sstrawb, Lifesaver, Ghost OG x Lemon and Bubba Kush. Plan to grow them until flower room gets emptied around the end of May and move some in there some outside and also take a clone of each to veg the same plants again. I will have to sex out the BOG genetics so planting 3 of each to find at least 1 fem of each. Question for research.. If I continue to clone a plant does it start to have issues? Or can you clone the clone forever? Feel like ive heard there comes a point where quality suffers as well as pest resistance..idk where heard that though.

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    I've done that before too! Now you know it's lightproof

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    It was kind of neat to be zipped inside and it to be pitch black

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    Finally got my tent up! So tonight I plan to move flower set up and my girls into the tent. Make my veg station inside the closet. Pop some seeds for the next round. Stoked!πŸ˜„

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    replied
    I think it was too much nutes. Tips are alittle light for my liking even on the bottom buds. This is the best picture i could muster(only one not under the led's). Basically all 3 gsc(taking shape already) have it to minor degrees. Sweettooths are a bit behind like a week or so. Not much beyond initial fem parts going on but looks to be starting up slowly. Wondering if they'll put on one last final stretch first. Cannot train them out any wider now but I still have 15 inches to play with lights staying 20" away from tops though so hope I'm ok in that regard

Leave a comment:

• GDTRFB95
    commented on 's reply
    I am like falling in πŸ’š with you!! Hahahahahaha for real tho thank you. I actually lst'd some lastnight and gave some haircuts. Almost looks like a sea.. to me at least. Also raised the lights to around 20-22" away from the 18 to 20. Where a random branch would get to like 15 before I'd notice and train it back. Alowing any of 8 main tops to grow free in the center was a big mistake 😣. I hope what i did last night is ok but supercropped 2 that were way to tall compared to the rest. Like super cropped and tyed down one direction then back in the other to get it back in the center. All looks well today so think its ok but was freaky to do only ever suppercropped by breaking the inner hurd with the pinch and twist.

There is one thing concerning me.. going to try to take a good picture of something just noticed might be what you're saying with too much nutes or lights too close. I guess i could do a straight water for them tomorrow night instead of full feed. It's been a few weeks since didnt feed them something, reduce amounts or full

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X