Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Will do! I also had three autos that started but none properly germinated so it kind of put a sour taste in my mouth, but I know I'll try it again.

• Newf
    commented on 's reply
    love the pics Chowder. I am neither a townie or a bayman.(I'm from Boston) but most of my cousins are townies and we are all descendants of Bay de Verde so.... I am a soil grower so I will defer to the hydo folks for advice and just stick to encouragement. Way to go! BTW the name Newf refers to the big black dog in my picture.

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Big thanks alltatup! I'll be happy with the different strain once harvested, but future grows will one strain or at least strains of the same type

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Plants look fantastic, Chowder!! I couldn't resist a bunch of different strains on my second grow (now on third)!!

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    Hey chowder ya for sure I'm really gd in soil ill help ya out for sure if ya help me out with dwc lol check out my post autoflower time line

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Here's what I'm doing: I got a mini-tote bin from Home Dopey and cut holes in the top for grow cups, I drew the circle and poked holes with my pocket knife awl, then used a utility knife to cut through the holes to make a pretty smooth hole. I spray painted them metallic to keep the water dark and cool under the grow lights.

I poked an airhose from an aquarium bubbler through the top and set several bubble stones under the grow cups. The little bit of splashing from the bubbles popping is more than enough to feed the roots. You want to leave some air space between the bottom of the cup and top of your water level.

Follow DW2 's advise about keeping your nutrients happy, and you're doing DWC! alltatup had a very good thread about root rot, which if you read in advance, may be pleasure that you can avoid.

Leave a comment:

• tyler_ hobbyist
    commented on 's reply
    Thank u very much dw2 ill check it out

• Chowder
    replied
    Hi Tyler, my opinion on the DWC vs soil is that DWC takes more attention, I think, but my soil plants that I crammed in beside my DWCs are not as big as the DWC but they're not bad, will post pics and other info once harvested. Sorry, poor English , 420 ish here.
    but my soul plants are last minute add ones cause I couldn't get rid of them, dirt was bought at Walmart, no slow release nutrients, just perlite, I used left over 5 gallon dwc buckets for planters with couple inches of peppbles on bottom. And, not feeding watering schedule, don't know what runoff is yet, but I garden , so I've got a bit of an idea. Lol, I'm just going by gut feel, and it's working!
    the thing about DWC is one, I lost water in my system 3 or 4 times, luckily and by chance, the way I set up my system, I would still have a few inches of water in each dwc if I lost water. Came in handy, cause it happened. Also, they are linked dwc to each other and one reservoir, like mine. Once your in place, I can't move my plants now, like you could if they were in pots, not connected by tubing. Mt plants are overcrowded, and can't move them. Something I'll fix nex go, always learning, right.

also, water temperature is something to deal with. Chillers are expensive . My main reservoir is outside my growroom so it's at a lower temperature, which has kept any root rot away, something else to content with. Just things to consider, which you may not have to contend with in soil.

but, DWC, if done properly and with some luck of course, lol, seems to grow really fast. . Seen some really big days, inches, during veg, will post pics..

i plan to try soil to really compare, I'll be hitting you up for experience!

Leave a comment:

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    tyler_hobbyist, the best advice that I can give to a 'first time' DWC grower (and I whished that I had for my first attempt) is to follow the guide lines at GWE. I have never had good results growing any thing in soil, so even without a 'green thumb', the hydroponics works for me, quicker results and easier to correct mistakes (and I need that ! lol).
    As far as a 'pm' message, first, I'm not sure how they work and, B, my arthritic fingers can't stand that much typing, that's why I referrer You to the GWE site for the details, besides that is the best information to start with.
    Have fun and good luck with Your growing endeavors!

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    It varies, under similar conditions, I have had 'sisters' grow at different rates. On the current grow one reached about 42" tall and the other went to 55" tall and I'm still waiting for the tall one to ripen! I harvested the shorter girl this past Friday. I have seen growth as much as 1 plus inches in a day, would probably get more with more wattage, I'm currently using 220 watts (CFLs) per reservoir.

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    Kool thank u guys ima look into that

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    DWC is very easy to do. The GWE tutorial has diagrams that cover everything, you already know how to mix nutes and keep your setup clean. Your plants will grow a lot faster and bigger! Not that that is the most important thing, but it's fun to run, kinda like a train set that you never turn off.

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    Some thing like that. The schedule is not of my design, it's directly from the GH web site, they have many different schedules there, according to the media and nutrients used, also by whether it is a recirculating or drain to waste hydroponic system. GWE supplied all of the rest of 'my' experience!

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    Hey dwc2 if u have time do u think u could give me the low down of dwc in a pm message? Iv always grown soin but I wanna try dwc but I dnt know how different it is compaired to soil growing except the obvious. Lol

Leave a comment:

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    I have a question for ya while ur plants are in mid veg stage how much growth in a 24hour period do u get?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X