Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advise, DW2. I'm definitely going to set myself up for this issue next grow. As of now, things are stabilizing as long as I don't add too much fresh water to reservoir at once. But there thirsty girls...... and gotta drink!
    Also thanks for the positive comments! Peace.

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    Yes plants can only obsorb so much light without getting stressed or burnt/bleached but if u add co2 that same light that was stressing ur plant no longer does, I personaly have 16,000lumens of led light. Per sqf of my grow room with adding extra co2 from a couple methods iv used my new method is trying the exhale bag (to new to tell as it takes 30 days to take full effect) but a method I have proven is the water sugar yeast co2 trick this works very well. If I take the co2 out of my room for about 24hours my plants get massive light stress, I have tryed this that's how I know it works

Leave a comment:

• BG Bud
    replied
    You've got them surrounded ! Great looking plants and nice set up . Can you see any difference with the side lighting ? I have T5s and was thinking of doing same . I just have one 1200 watt LED on 3 plants. Someone in this forum felt they can only absorb so much and may be a waste of power?? Keep posting and welcome !

Leave a comment:

• DW2
    replied
    Howdy Chowder and welcome to the forum. I have used a pump filter bag to keep roots and junk from clogging up the pump. If you have a pick up line that is getting clogged with roots, get some fine screen material from your hardware store and make a filter by rolling it into a large tube and secure it to the intake with a wire (copper or iron) and close off the open end the same way. The larger the screen, the less resistance it offers to the flow of water, and the lower the velocity, the less the root will tend to follow the flow.
    That is a very nice looking grow set up! Good luck with your grow.

Leave a comment:

• tyler_ hobbyist
    replied
    Ur very welcome buddy plants look beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    started a topic First grow, First forum.

First grow, First forum.

Thank you so much for this site, and forum. I wouldn't be 4/5 weeks out from my first grow without this awesome site. Also, this is my first forum so please be patient. I've made a few mistakes along the way, like germinating twice the seeds I needed, then not getting rid of any! I just squeezed them in, even put some in dirt, cause I couldn't put in down! Also, I grew 4 diffent strains, with a blend of indica/sativa' in a DWC bubblers.all connected to main reservoir outside of room as to keep cool.
    My lights are 2 x 600 w HPS, MH for veg ( cheapest names from Amazon, Apollo Hort lights)
    2 LED actual draw 600w for both together ( cheapest names from Amazon, 1200 w and 1000 w replacements)
    basically, decided to get LED instead of another 600 w HPS , just to compare. Wanted to try to compare HPS to LED)
    I have 3 T5 s, for side support light, 4 bulb each, 216 w each
    I have two 400 cfm fans on dials, which keeps my room temp and humidity dialled in. THANKS TO THIS SITE!
    Small fans around to keep air moving.
    Grow room is 7' x 11', but my grow area is 3.5' x 8'.
    Strains include, blueberry, critical widow, amnesia, OG Kush.
    Nutreints are advanced nutrients hobbyists pkg. includes sensi A/B bloom and veg, plus all the other nutrients from that pkg. Please add any comments if you've used Advanced Nutrients!
    Please have a look and add any comments, if you see anything not right. Thanks Tyler Hobist and others, for your positive comments on another post. ( I switched the direction of the HPS today to take away from the taller ones and now it's more focused on the shorter plants, thanks Tyler!)
    Been making my own grow journal, I hope to post, after complete.

Also, shout out to Newf, ( towny, bayman? )

One problem I'm dealing with right now, is that the return lines on my DWC are getting full of roots, slowing the return of water. Causes me to loose water a bit, just enough to have to clean up.

im checking and adding water everyday, they're thirsty girls! Also maintaining PH, PPM daily!

Once again, thanks everyone for sharing your information for others to grow and learn!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X