Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know, I hope to grow something that needs support soon.

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a plant now that is 55 inches tall in a 3.75 inch net pot, but with six yo-yos attached over head! You can grow a large plant in a small net pot, but it will require some support, especially if they get top heavy with buds!!! LOL

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm using 4 and 6. I set my rapid rooters in a 4 inch cup with about 1/2 inch of hydroton in the bottom and then fill the rest of the way as soon as I can see roots sticking out of the rooter. My plan was to sit the 4 inch cup into a 6 inch cup when I moved into a bigger bucket, but the roots are too long and tangled to thread through another net cup. So I will either cut a hole in the bottom of the 6 to feed the root ball through, but hold the 4 inch cup in, or just let it finish growing in the 4 inch cup. I hope it is strong enough for this plant called Moby Dick. If they are strong enough, then I will just skip the 6 inch cups altogether.

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking set up DingusKhan! What sixe of net pot are You using (looks to be about 5 inch)?

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    I hear ya, I've learning so much along the way. Each stage is exciting.

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I know pictures of big fat juicy shiny buds are sexy, but baby pics are my favorite. I like looking closely to see how many new growth tips are developing, how they compare to other parts of the plant, symmetrical growth devolving into random branching...

• DingusKhan
    replied
    Very nice use of space and otherwise idle equipment!

Leave a comment:

• tyler_ hobbyist
    commented on 's reply
    I can't comment on rapid rooters much because iv never used them but maybe u drowned them or dryed them to much???

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Correction, I got them to pop, but they didn't sprout properly, and lost them all in the rapid rooters!

• tyler_ hobbyist
    commented on 's reply
    When ur ready to grow autos message me there a bit different that photos to grow but the best germinaion way I find is soak them in room temp water for 18 hours the do the paper towel method I have had 100percent success rate with this method

• Chowder
    replied
    BG BUG, You asked about the side lighting earlier, here's a couple shots of colas getting side sun! I just put em up there cause I'm not using them right now and thought, what the heck, can't hurt can it?

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    replied
    When they were wee wee girls... pic was Jan 20th.

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Right on newf! Good luck on current/future grows. I'm sure we will chat again. Peace

• Chowder
    replied
    Just wanted to comment on the nutrients topic earlier. My experience with cannabis is limited to 8 clones I put in rubber maid totes, outside, and feed them 20-20-20. (Please don't shoot!) I harvested too early, and ended up with something I was not proud of to smoke with anyone else! Although it did do he trick, just harsh, etc, etc.

this time I researched and thank goodness for finding this site, it's like encyclopedia britianica on steroids for anyone who remembers what that is. Poor humour!

anyways the nutrients.........

I read the site, others, youtube ( seed to shelf... thought it was awesome) and I changed my water completely after 10 days of veg, then I started checking into if I could just maintain that water by checking ph and ppm, keep it at 6.0 and 1500-1800ppm, I've got hard water (400ppm, hopefully has some calcium and magnesium, bonus), and I've only completely changed my water 3-4 times and that's cause I lost water, ( seperate story). Other than that, every 6-10 days, I add a bucket of nutrients at half the dose, or my ppm would go thru the roof. Or I add water to my reservoir, normally at least one 5 gallon bucket of phd water per day. I understand that perhaps there is salt build up, excess nutrients maybe, but there has never been a sign of nut def yet. Fingers crossed!

maybe my yield will suffer, I can't say cause I've nothing to compare to but I'm always on my plants, several hours a day, sometimes. I'll post my totals when I'm harvested and cured. But right now I'm very happy with the progress and concentrating on the finish line.

i would love to hear both sides of the story, anyone out there with experience in this?

Leave a comment:

• Chowder
    commented on 's reply
    Nice Khan! Mine are the 5 gallon bucket type, but I also have two drip lines per plants, constant water flow over and under plants. Although next time I think I'm going to try four plants, each one in a 100 L tote, veg an extra week , 10 days. And let em fly!,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X