Diagnosis help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosis help needed

I am mid flower. Gorilla glue autos. Growing in fabric pots in soil. Inside grow. Any ideas what's going? Normal aging or some sort of deficiency?

Reminds me of PH issues, have you looked in this link yet?

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

Comment

• HighLife
      HighLife commented
      Editing a comment
      Where can I find that chart? Cannot find in the link provided.

• HighLife
      HighLife commented
      Editing a comment
      Nevermind got it! Tested the pH of soil and it's spot on.

Are all the leaves doing this or just the ones at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
      Are all the leaves doing this or just the ones at the top?
      Mostly towards the top. Light stress?

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a combination of too much PPFD causing some sort of deficiency. Molybdenum?

This is a toughie. I'm gonna guess you need to add cal mag and additional nutrients especially in the Micro range. I think there is more than one issue here. What nutrients do you use, what is your light?
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

So I think it's a light issue mostly. Two plants in a 4x4 with hlg blackbird 600W on full blast 18/6. I read that the light should be appropriate for the square footage of the canopy and not the tent size. Cut the light back to 40% and they look happier for sure. That also helped lower my temp and raised rh a tad and brought VPD down.

Nutes.... I advanced nutes to late flowering way too early so backpedaled on that. Got a digital ph meter and TDS to help.

We'll see how they're doing by end of the week. My first grow and my heart and soul are in these bitches. I might need bereavement time from work if they don't make it. 😵‍💫

Comment

I also read somewhere... Who knows where I read it at this point. But read that cal mag deficiency usually starts at the bottom leaves and there are at the top that look like that. Quite possible I'm remembering what I read incorrectly as well. I'm about to the point I'm dreaming about it!

Comment

It's difficult to provide too much cal-mag. Won't hurt. Your light was probably overkill. Look, you cannot make more mistakes on your first grow than I did (or your 2nd,3rd etc.). Having issues is part of the process, recovering from them is how you learn. Some people just have the knack, the rest of us have to work at it.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• dirtymike
              dirtymike commented
              Editing a comment
              Last point of human intervention is usually where i find my error. ME!!

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              What happens if you give it too much calmag is you end up with a serious case of Nitrogen toxicity.

Most calmag is in the form of nitrates..sure the cal and the mag are fine but the N is not. Do not give past 3rd week of flip. Flowering cannabis does not like much N and it's easy to poison them with N if you give too much in veg.

It's looks like a phosphorus deffeciency. It's called purpling. Doesn't just happen in cannabis.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm leaning towards a Phosphorus problem also, but is it too much or too little? I am not sure.

• Radeon
              Radeon commented
              Editing a comment
              Best way to know is to test the soil. Luster Leaf 1605 or 1601 might help.

Reviewing the info on gwe it doesn't look or sound like phosphorus deficiency or OD. None of the pictures fit and it's only at the top, not bottom. I've tested the soil for PH but that's it. Do I really need to get a soil test kit of some sort? Haven't read much on that just that keeping ph in line fixes most nute problems. I think I'll stick with the changes I've already made for the week and see where we are come Sunday. I'm not noticing any newly impacted leaves. (Heavy sigh)

Comment

They're definitely looking better and healthier. No new spots so far. Apparently I was frying them with too much light! Hopefully be ready to harvest in another few weeks.

Comment

HighLife About your post #10.
                I just read your comment about needing probes and testers and junk. Sort of.
                When you first start doing something, it is good to know what is happening when you do it. For example...
                Last grow, I put 2.25 tsp of pH down in 4 gallons of water. I tested the first two times and again when I flipped to flowering. This grow, I'm closer to 2.75 per gallon. No idea why. My water is dialed in and the probe will stay in the cupboard for a few more weeks.
                Did I need a tester? Yes. Did I need it every time? No. But the times I did need it were worth my crops. Eat in a few nights and spend the extra money on something a little better you think you can afford based on research you are comfortable with and get a warranty!
                Conversely, buy something cheap. Cheap often works as good or better than the high end. If it doesn't suit you, you haven't lost too much money.
                αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• HighLife
                  HighLife commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I finally got the digital pH meter and TDS meter. I have a pool so I'm pretty familiar with pH and making adjustments to water. Do I really need an EC meter? I'll invest in the soil tests because well.... you're right.... again. Worth every penny if it means saving my crops. I just ordered a light diffuser for ppfd measuring as well that's compatible with my phone camera and an app. Also have two more fans coming because well..... Why not? My tent is 4x4. I have two exhausts, one 6 inch with carbon filter that pushes air in and another with no filter 4 inch that pulls air out. So many variables! Let's see if I can fuck it all up now that I'm maybe 4 weeks from the finish line. Haha!

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have every confidence you can fuck things up like we as a forum have never seen fucked up before.
                  It sucks to have to buy the tools. The tools I have are an expensive pH meter and the standard 2-prong soil moisture/light/pH reading. The moisture is the only one I use and I only use it on my houseplants as me and my coco bags are in sync. Don't know from the PPD and EC and stuff and junk. Following directions works for me! In my little tent in my little apartment gets chock full of dope. Anything I do from here will be overkill.

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your TDS meter is sort of an EC meter but will give you a PPM reading. You then multiply it by a factor of (k) which varies depending on the aqueous nature of the water.

Rainwater is about 0.55, seawater is about 0.7, tap water can be anywhere from 0.55 to 0.75, distilled water is about 0.5

So it is easier if you just use PPM as your scale, because of the above and also because the relationship between the two is not always linear either, depending on the salinity of the mix it seems.

You will use your meter to get it about right and you will watch your plant closely and adjust up and down. Light levels (PPFD), environmental (VPD & CO² levels), genetics, water quality, stage of plant growth, pot size, plant mass, root development & pot luck will all impact on what is the best PPM for your plant. And to make it even more difficult it will vary plant to plant.

I’m running a 465w Photontek in a 3x4 (3x3 grow area )and I’m really finding it hard to get away from the light issues. I keep Turing it down and raising it up.
                I think at this point, that when you’re not totally dialled in like a few of the pros around here you just can’t take all that light. I feel like I do pretty well, but these lights we have are really powerful and some of us get carried away.
                I just keep practicing
                KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
                Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
                Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
                Maybe some compost teas
                Blumat watering system
                Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
                3x4x6’ tent
                Photontek 465wpro
                6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
                Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Looking frosty.

Comment

There's an app for that Bluey .
                    No. I don't know if there is or not. I don't even have one of those mobilated telephonic machines you kids have these days. Biggest fad yet! Those damn apps are like crack rocks and smart phones are USB rechargeable crack pipes. California is banning them in schools. I honest to shit don't know why kids have been allowed to have them in school in the first place. But I'm a neo-technophobe, former computer assembler, teacher, and troubleshooter.
                    Anyway. I started simple and upgraded as I saw a need and had ability. Tried the pH strips without confidence. Paid for the pH meter. Everything else has just fallen into place without the extra whatnots. Coco in a tent rules for simplicity.​
                    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

• HighLife
                      HighLife commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm switching to Coco for my next grow. I'm FF soil now. Kinda nervous to switch because well new mistakes to be made. Gonna do it anyway. The app was free and light diffuser was $25 so relatively cheap item to help mitigate a potential problem for the next grow.... Hopefully. Appreciate the help and feedback.... and sarcasm. 😁 Nice to know a sense of humor still exists somewhere.

Curious your thoughts on adding worm castings to the Coco and perlite?

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh, I got your sarcasm!
                      But I have no opinion about worm castings in coco as I have not used them. However, I am curious. Here or in another thread I mentioned my tent gets packed without anything more than regular nutrients. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried something to boost my production.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X