Boveda Joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boveda Joke?

Bought a dozen Boveda 62's. They seem fresh and pliable but my 1 quart jarred RHL readings are all over the map from 47-57, while humidity in the room is about 52%. For those of you that have used them, do you think they actually do any good? This is my first time using them and honestly I feel like a small leaf works as well if not better.

my very limited experience is that they are better at holding humidity rather than fixing it.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I agree with 90Gizmo, they are far better at holding humidity in properly dried and cured flower than adding moisture. I use them in the jars I'm "active" in at any point rather than the quart jars that constitute back stock. Canning jars hold the moisture just fine, it's the jars that are opened and closed regularly (or is that constantly?) that can really use them. Or at least that's how I use Bovedas.
      Attached Files

Comment

For the life of me, I cannot think of a single Boveda joke.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          Boveda and his bud were going to a jar. The bud went in first but Boveda stopped at the door. Bud turned around called Boveda come in, it won't be a humidor without you.

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you can say you've never heard a single funny Boveda joke.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Niiiice.

Lol. Good one.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Use them things once in a side by side years ago and the only thing they were good for was changing the taste of my weed.

Big misconceptions that they cure buds but really only made for long term (used after 6 months) storage.

Straight snake oil IMO and nothing more then over price silica packs.

Jar drops blow 55 r/h, mist the inside of the lid with water, close the jar for another month or two, save 20 bucks.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-29-2022, 12:40 PM.
          Space for Rent.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            The real Boveda joke is that anyone would pay the price for them! I've cured all of my grows, except one where I tried them without any apparent benefit from them, and I have had great results without them. But, to each his own.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct DW2
            To each there own

Complete snake oil. Got a few as freebies. Just took the smell away from my weed.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

In my experience, when used in the correct situation, Boveda packs have been helpful. I once over-dried a grow by a little bit. I popped one in each jar, burped it once a day, and within a few days to a week, everything stabilized exactly at the 58% RH that the Boveda pack was rated at. Once the humidity was stable for a week or two, I removed the packs and put them back in their storage bags. It's important to know that Boveda packs don't really help with the cure, they help with the humidity which helps with the cure - treat it like medicine...you only need to use it when something isn't quite right. No need to keep them in there or use them at all once the RH is stable. Didn't notice any difference in taste, however it would be interesting to do a side-by-side test to see if they do. My thought would be that if a jar of weed needs a Boveda pack, something went wrong. And that something very possibly is what's affecting the flavor of buds as opposed to the Boveda pack. But like I said, a side-by-side blind taste test would be interesting to do! Maybe I'll do that with a jar on my next cure!
            Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
            Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X