Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    You are saying that you will not remove growth below the line and instead will spread the branches sideways to expose the lower bud sites to light?

• Smoklahoma
    commented on 's reply
    Those are absolutely beautiful!!

• BU2B
    replied
    A few thoughts on defoliation:
    How many have ever seen this photo?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	defoliation-cannabis-remove-everything-below-line-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	545400

This is very good advice in general, However; imagine no line - less plants and spreading the plants out to allow flowers to grow from stem to stern. At an average of $10.00 per seed these days just cutting down the number of seeds decreases your cost. But there's more to the story - by using the BU2B PPP method you also have more flowering branches as well as flowers that can extend the entire length of a branch. Instead of getting 4-5 oz's per plant with traditional growing methods and taking 4 plants - you can up your output to an average of 16 oz's per plant and only take two seeds to get there. The real filling in the pie is how you trim and spread out your plant during flowering. If you've followed along to this point you know a few things about how I grow already. I leave more leaves than most - with a purpose. I allow ambient light to get into the undergrowth when in veg mode - but don't really start exposing those growth tips to direct light until or just before flowering starts. Once flowering is underway, I found that you will increase your yield much more by spreading out branches than removing leaves. So, the takeaway? You CAN continue to grow as usual and get about 20 oz's for every 4 plants or you can learn a new method that doesn't add time to your grow, but does require a bit more attentiveness and easily average 32 oz's per two plants. Regular grow indoors - 4 plants in a 4x4 tent and an average harvest after 4 months of 20 oz's or a BU2B's PPP grow with 2 plants in a 4x4 tent and an average yield of 1 kilo. The choice is yours to make...

Questions or comments? Now's the time folks
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-01-2021, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 42: 11.01.21 Week 5 Day 1. 29 days. Pretty darn close to half-way done.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	723D7517-870D-491B-9649-A0797C5710EA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.92 MB ID:	545393

Click image for larger version  Name:	77FE6C3E-5492-4B00-82D5-25F922BAAB19.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	545395

Click image for larger version  Name:	369D9640-916E-4E03-B581-9E507C306015.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	545394
    Chocolate Mint OG - Left. Banana Kush - Right.
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-01-2021, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    This is one hell of a grow, you obviously have the magic touch.

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! i can see a PPP now! Those are looking stupendous!

• BU2B
    replied
    Flash Shot - 10.29.21
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0076BF5D-1405-4007-89E6-9332380EF6BA.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	544918

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 41: 10.29.21 Week 4 Day 5
    I did a wee bit of a haircut on the girls. Maybe 15 leaves. They did however get spread out even further. Here they are with their arms all up ready for the great puffkin.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CE151C09-F4A5-4361-BC41-987E9CE0168B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	544785
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6A59BA91-97DC-467F-A58E-BC71EA47640C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	544786
    Click image for larger versionName:	1AE70BB3-A82D-4CD0-9A06-FEB3C3D35D52.jpegViews:	0Size:	3.48 MBID:	544788
    Click image for larger versionName:	797F9296-37BA-46A0-BBCB-4370F305DCEC.jpegViews:	0Size:	3.01 MBID:	544787
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-29-2021, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    PLreef Ideal water temp is 68f - our local weather only allows this about 2-3 months a year. During the summer my water temps run about 72-76f - ONLY possible because I have a big air pump that mitigates some of the heat issues. I also found out that the extra tub on the outside really does work wonders. IF worse comes to worse I have two refreezable blue packs that I put between the tubs (e.g. white tub/blue pack/black tub). Even with 110f summers and an indoor ambient temp that can be close to 90f excellent O2 aeration and fans have always worked just fine for me. oh.... and Hydroguard is a given as far as I'm concerned if you're growing in hydro.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I'm really interested to see how this finishes out. I would have thought that this is way to crowded. You the man so I will watch and learn.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Just beautiful full ladies such a healthy grow love it

• PLreef
    replied
    Absolutely gorgeous grow man!
    Maybe I missed it in this thread but what temp do you keep your water at and how do you keep it cool?

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 40: 10.25.21 Week 4 Day 1

​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147913.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	544389

Name:	image_147914.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	544391Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147915.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	544390

Name:	image_147916.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	544392
    Almost halfway done - about 5 weeks to go!
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-25-2021, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Nice to see them grow up and mature.

• BU2B
    replied
    WHAZZA SCHWAZZER ??
    It was not until I actually started writing out and trying to pin down my method that I even heard of SCHWAZZING. I found out by accident that I (and I'm sure many others) had been schwazzing before it was even a term. So what the heck is Schwazzing? It's basically a guideline for timed defoliation of your plants to increase yield. The big thing about schwazzing that everyone has been doing for some time that are two staples to the process are:
    A) Big defoliation just before flowering
    B) Even bigger defoliation at or during week 3 then fold and tuck leaves and spread out your plant as much as possible.
    Most people do this to clean up their plants in preparation for flowering - to open their plants up, and then again around week 3 when bud-sites are well developed and easy to identify and it's easier to see which leaves will be covering what. If you do that - I think you too are a SCHWAZZER even if you didn't know it - AND it didn't cost you $500 for the Schwazzing Bible (Which I've only seen on 'the profit').
    I really don't know the schwazzing details but I personally leave more leaves on my plants when defoliating than most. I think you need to have leaves to help feed those fat happy buds. You do however, have to use your discretion when it comes to defoliating. I find I usually take twice as many leaves during the week 3 defoliation than during the initial prep for flowering defoliation. My goal for the first defoliation before flowering is to open the plant up and let light into growth tips- once those growth tips are established as flowering branches; then I remove any large fan leaves, clean out undergrowth and try to leave enough leaves for the next 5 weeks. During the last 2 weeks or so I remove the majority of all leaves that have grown out of buds and begin cleaning them up a little each day in preparation for harvest.
    The girls are looking great so far, it looks like if I can keep them spread out I will see a few 10-14 inch bud packets on a good number of branches. BK is the tallest right now at 22 inches and neither plant has stretched much at all in the last several days, so it looks like 5-6 inches was it. Which works for me - usually means closer bud packets. CMOG is getting a bit frosty Photo update coming tomorrow Week 4 day 1 (22 days into flowering)
    Thanks for coming along for the ride - the scenery gets better from here to the end of the trip.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	544230
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-25-2021, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X