Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoklahoma
    commented on 's reply
    Mine have been on a 20/4 schedule from the beginning. First grow I know I didn't give light soon enough. This grow I gave them light immediately but nervous about burning with new cobs, didn't have them turned up high enough. Maybe I'll get it right next time?

• Smoklahoma
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. Trying to get all the kinks worked out of the grow room by the start of the next grow.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I had my autos on 24/7 in the beginning, I got tight-noded dwarves.

• BU2B
    replied
    Re:stockier plants without much stretch. The ONLY thing I can see that I do differently than most is leaving the light on 24/7 during the veg cycle. Could this be the key? I never gave it much thought.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Nice set up 👍🏼

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    That does clarify, thank you. I have to work on getting my seedlings not to stretch so much. Almost topped every branch before leaving town on vacation, glad I didn't. This grow 2 is basically a test grow. Trimming and training every plant, and letting the whole grow take care of itself for 8 days. Already tore 3 branches, 2 completely off and saved one. I left the 3rd and 4th node on 2 of them just to see what they do. Picts are from the day we left.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    And the purpose of topping the two ends is - it keeps the ‘energy’ flow of your plant consistent AND prevents you from having two really good colas (one at each end) and a ton of smaller ones. The goal is to keep them all equal in size. Translating into a lot of really good colas. It’s all about equality and equanimity. The maximum number of junctions energy has to flow through with this method is 4 at most (1- stalk 2- main branches 3- side branches 4- growth tip And all equally.)
    Last edited by BU2B; 08-23-2021, 12:45 AM.

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Maestro, That is the way I interpreted it but it's good to confirm. PM me if you want to edit the PDF.

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    She's looking good. Hmmm... are we supposed to guess whether its an auto or not as well?

• BU2B
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagram2 (2)_LI.jpg Views:	5 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	532356
    You are only topping your plant 3 times total. 1 Time to produce the initial Y or T and 1 time at each end. Topping the plant slows growth, so; while you can top each and every end if you want to, it's not really a part of the PPP method. Note that the PDF version does address this but apparently not very clearly - my apologies. My reasoning for NOT topping each and every branch is that A) topping slows growth B) You only get two new growth tips per topping while allowing the branch to grow normally will also produce the same amount of growth tips WITHOUT slowing down plant growth and development or making your plant wider. I hope this helps explain the Topping portion a bit better.
    Last edited by BU2B; 08-22-2021, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    OK i'm crossing my fingers X , so far the spread looks good to me.

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Greetings old friend,

As a big fan of the BU2B PPP method I thought I'd share a pic of my Cinderella XX plant which is currently entering week 5 of LST & strategic defol. My schedule won't permit a full 8 weeks of veg, so as soon as we see the "Fab 44" growth tips she's going into 12/12 flower mode. I'm just now seeing the first sex display, fingers crossed on the "XX" .

Can you explain again about the final "Strategic Topping" where you say:

"When your plant has grown to the point that there are 3 branches growing on each side of the two mainline branches we are going to 'top' the ends of each of them. You should have 3 branches on each side of your two new branches growing horizontally and 3 branches growing upward on each side of the Y. You are basically topping each end of the 'new' branches (each side of the Y) at the end making it split, just as you did for your initial topping that created your plants Y structure. You want to do this when the plant has 3 horizontal 'sets' of leaves. When you top just after the 3rd horizontal node you will have 8 growing branches on each side (including your two vertical branches)."

Are we topping all 12 of the new main branches (6 on each side)? I've never been entirely clear on that and maybe you could elaborate or take some pics when you come to that point in your current grow?

Mahalo Brother!

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    You do have the touch! I see the growth in the girls. Keep on, keeping on!

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 14: 8.21.21
    Week 3 Day 4
    Both girls are developing well. The Banana Kush is slightly smaller than her sister now but is progressing right on schedule. Each plant currently has 6 flowering growth tips - the next node growth on the two main branches (which will happen before week 3 is over) will bring the total up 10 flowering growth tips per plant. Moved the light down to 18" above the canopy. Both plants have had their first full nutrients. Banana Kush on the left and Chocolate Mint OG on the right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_144121.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	532224Click image for larger versionName:	cm_w3d4.jpgViews:	0Size:	2.78 MBID:	532225
    Last edited by BU2B; 08-21-2021, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 13: 8.18.21

Here’s the girls today. Week 3 Day 1 - their first training wire
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6A6405B7-2DC4-4616-93E0-CD2FD14DBD0A.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	531699

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X