• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU2B
    replied
    Unnumbered update: 9.22.21 Week 8 Day 3

Each plant is about 24” in diameter and 10” tall
    Or 61 cm diameter and 25 cm tall
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AA4BC37D-876A-45E2-A5AC-5979AB8204E0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	538501
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-01-2021, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Heck yes having 30 budsites is pretty exciting LOL. I only see that with my outdoor freedom gals. Great write up an teachings with your grows BU2B lots of information and simple explanations.

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 29b: 9.23.21 Week 8 Day 2
    The plan for the coming week is pretty simple. Just keep watering them and allow them to grow for another week before the BIG defoliation at the start of Transition to Bloom next Wednesday. Beginning on the 29th the girls will get their first ever darkness. I'll be adding 2 hours of darkness per day until they are up to 12&1/2 contiguous hours of darkness. I keep the light on at night and off during the daylight hours. In the summertime this means the light is on when the ambient temperature is lowest which keeps temps down in the tent. In the winter I also keep the lights on at night, again, because this is when it's coolest and warming the tent up on a winters night is a good thing. The reason I go with 12&1/2 hours of darkness is so that I have 15 minutes on either end or 30 minutes all on one end for opening the tent if I want or need to to take photo's etc. and it still doesn't affect the 12 hours of darkness.

Don't be surprised when it comes time for the start of flowering defoliation if you see more leaves on the plant(s) than most leave in place. Until the girls start kicking out flowers leaves are still necessary for the plant to grow and get proper nutrition. I find that I usually do a bigger defoliation at week 3 of flowering as flowers are already established, bud sites are easy to identify and expose and this defoliation needs to last for 5 weeks, only 2 of which the girls will be producing new leaves.

To be quite honest, I'm getting a little excited for flowering to start...

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 29: 9.23.21
    Week 8 Day 2. As you can see, folding back branches, selective defoliation and keeping the canopy level has done its job. A myriad of growth tips are all exposed and relatively even with the rest of the canopy.

Growth Tips
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bk_cmog_w8d2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	538442
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2F6575E1-8AFE-4B1F-9019-E968C251F958.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	538290
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-24-2021, 01:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied

Update 28: 9.22.21

Week 8 Day 1. 1 more week until I start changing the Light schedule. The girls got a fresh tub with transition to bloom nutes and a little cal/mag to keep Choco happy. The tub liquid levels are 5 inches below the top of of the lids. With a 2 inch net pot that means the roots are out of the water for 3 inches.

Name:	48E734B1-8A9E-4B64-86D2-B94EBE65E835.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	538025

Name:	BDBCA9F0-4E46-4694-9EC1-E7F0CBEAEF3E.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	538024

Leave a comment:

• Gracey
    commented on 's reply
    I'm loving hearing this! I was just filling my gallon jugs to top off my 2 tubs and thinking I should probably change the water instead since it's been about 3 weeks (today is wk6 day2 of veg) but I will wait for transition time in a couple of weeks. What will I do with all the extra time though? My husband originally started our hydro grow and he only changed the water maybe once for rinsing/flushing before harvest. But he also was blatantly lax on many a housekeeping chores. Since I've taken the reins I like to be as spot on as possible.

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 27b: 9.19.21 (Same information, hopefully better photo's after a little more defoliation)
    Both girls are progressing right on schedule and SO FAR there have been no major issues or big problems that have left me scratching my head wondering what to do next. Due to this; I'm able to focus a bit more on the grow and not the issues related with it. In regard to keeping the canopy level, I'm sure there are a multitude of great reasons why indoor growers should quickly acquire the skill; but here are my top few:
    • It spreads your plant out and that is essential with flowering coming up.
    • It allows all growth tips to get light evenly (something only required with indoor growing)
    • It exposes growth tips just under the canopy so that they can grow up to the same height as the canopy
    • Folding over your plant at this point can also result in MORE growth tips and hence more bud packets
    Here are a few photo examples from this grow, taken this morning:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5_canopy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	537466
    Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5bk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	537467
    Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5cmog.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	537468
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-19-2021, 10:23 AM. Reason: replaced photo's - edited text

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Folding like u would do in super cropping?
    Not to that extreme. Just folding them over, no crease or knot. But if you were going to super-crop, this would be a good stage to do so. I know some who have super-cropped much later, up to 3 weeks into flowering. But I'm not that brave. I've found that if you wait until the stretch happens to super-crop 'many, many' strains will develop hollow stems to help support the weight of the coming flowers. I think that I only super-crop 50% of the time (and that's being generous in favor of super-cropping). I find most of my plants don't 'need' to be super-cropped, but that hasn't stopped me yet. lol
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-17-2021, 09:28 AM.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Folding like u would do in super cropping?

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Update - I just did a quick count... For the Chocolate Mint OG I quit counting after 80. And that's too many... culling is coming up. I'd say cuttings if I didn't already have other plans for the next grow other than more BK and CMOG

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Ckbrew - I'm tying branches down and open as well as selectively removing fan leaves to expose growth tips AND folding branches that need to be folded. At this point I want those growth tips just under the canopy to come to the surface. To accomplish this I tie branches out and remove fan leaves covering growth tips which will shortly become flowing tips. Up until about week 6 ambient light is good for the growth tips, but I'm within two weeks of starting the flowering process and it's time for them to come to the forefront so to speak. I haven't counted growth tips in awhile so maybe I'll get to that soonish and post the tally here. At least for the Chocolate Mint - just because it would be easier to count
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-17-2021, 09:11 AM.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    So r u keeping it even by pruning or tying branches back?

• BU2B
    replied
    Update 26b: 9.17.21 Week 7 Day 3 - Keeping the canopy even (a three pic photo upgrade as of this morning.)
    Both Girls - Banana Kush on the left, Chocolate Mint OG right

Name:	73 both.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	537038
    Banana Kush

Name:	73 bk.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	537039
    Chocolate Mint OG

Name:	73 CM.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	537040

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Hardly tell you took leaf offf LOL but i know you did. Beautifully healthy gals, grow upward an strong little ladies.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Looking Fabulous my friend, Fabulous! Ha, you will transition around 9 weeks but Buck is already flowering at 3? I think mine will veg a little more as they are Sativa. I would like a little more height and should get it. Training should slow them a little bit.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X