Lets Grow Trees 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets Grow Trees 2021!

Here we go another year, a little cool here this far in. I am doing some of my own seed, and a few seed from GWE peps
    The first one is Blueberry fem (GWE), She does not like something, (maybe a toxicity? I have looked up her skirt with a 30x lens), then from this years seeds a MPxT1000xSanta Mara Colombian Gold, followed by Blue Dream x BB3, then BB F4, and last WW x Sour Tangie fem (GWE). No store bought seeds here.
    Last year I had issue near the end and bought a nice PH meter to help solve the issue. After the winter grow and tests, I no longer use perlite! What it does to me is first it kills the earth worms (the sharp edges cut them), then it reacts with sulfur, water and air to make sulfuric acid driving the soil acidic in a hurry. My earthworms are very happy and there are a lot of them. On the 35 gallon pots I plan to put a ring around them and fill it then remove then inner ring. The large pots are 135 gallon.
    All Y'all come on down and grow yer trees here!
    Last edited by Rwise; 05-22-2021, 04:50 PM.

I also have these going, Wet Teddy Bears (autos) surrounding a Greasy Grapes photo clone. The male is 43" the girls run 24-39", they are hard to measure as some of them grow sideways from all the wires, and rods. I was hoping to have these harvested by 8-1, but with the cold spring they may run late.

Comment

And all has not been roses either, I have had several sprouts bit off which I marked up to bugs. But I now think it was a mouse as it dug into the bottom of 2 mothers. I put them in cloth pots, time to move up anyway, and sat out a One Bite II rat bar which has been chewed on. Another seed popped with no root, not the first time I have seen this, and I have saved it by treating it as if it is a clone.
      Last 10 days has been rain, and it looks like we have rain through the end of the month. At least its not cold any more, temps running 68* - 85*, hot dry weather here soon.

Comment

I've got these two white widows going outside soon. Going to put them in the ground this time. Have an alien gorilla glue and a zkittlez for pots also going out.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Lookin good!

Looks like the Greasy Gapes is reveging, oh well the seeds on it will still be good. Not all of the WTBs auto'd, only 1 female and 5 males (I planned on as many as 6 males), the nautos should get big. The first male has been growing at 4" a day! A tad of LST on them as well, and those chopped off males, still trying to grow, so I turn them over every day.

Comment

happy to see another trees thread for 2021! love seeing all the monsters you guys grow. I may have one to add this year although I really don't have a good outdoor spot. I've got a gorilla cookies clone i took from my winter grow. it was in a shot glass with only tap water for about 2 months and had been "flowering"...i just put it in a small pot last night...if it survives I'll put it in the ground soon. It won't be anything like the trees on here, but might be worth something.

Comment

Here are some of the plants I hope to turn to trees this season. Did not participate last year do to bug problems. No bugs yet. First is mystery plant. Came up in flower garden that i used last year soil to grow. Could be from seed I made or could be seed that did not sprout last year. Strange looking plant never seen one like it ,so I thought I would see what happens. next is cookies gelato next is afghan kush special not an auto but they call it early next another cookies gelato next wild thai and then Royal gorilla. The cookies looks like it will be a monster. All are in 30 gallon fabric pots. I get 6 more and am deciding which seedlings get the chance to be trees.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. Very nice start!!

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. Have you grown Wild Thai before? Planning it for my winter indoor grow. Also, is your fencing 2x4 x6' high welded wire? Mine got derecho damaged, now it's not listed on any websites I've checked. I'm waiting on repairs, from last August.

• desertdan
              desertdan commented
              Editing a comment
              It is 2x4 x4' green coated wire. I grew wild thai last year. The frost and the sweet aroma are incredible but lacks punch and has a strong couch lock. I think I harvest too late.

Harding off mine now going in an out of tent into the sun. I'm topping them before i transplant into they 15gal. LOL big as i can handle nowdays. I can fit all 6 in my garden wagon so i'll be pulling them around till they get to tall for it. Pic from last year wagon train
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

WOW! How do you get them so big? Are you down under? The only trees I've seen that big are from Oz or NorCal.

Comment

• MrPNW
              MrPNW commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw one guy on YouTube growing Sativa to the tall ceiling in a grow room. Man do some strains get tall!

I am near Tulsa Oklahoma, and I have had 20 footers out in the wilds. Just build yourself a good soil and plant the seed. BTW that tall male is an auto, he's been putting on 4" a day!
            I got 2 more raised bed rings made from an old above ground pool, now the hard part, using the shovel!

Speaking of trees, any of you Okies need firewood? I have many trees in the way and would give the firewood for someone to cut it! Use it this fall, maybe take it to Dallas Ft Worth area and sell it! If interested PM me.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I just measured him again, he is now 63" tall, the female is 39".

I wondered when this thread was gonna happen.
            Freakshow2
            Trainwreck
            3-Green Dream
            I discovered the Green dream strain last year. It’s a cross between Blue Dream and Green Crack. I grew one this winter and it is a very good producer, and it squish’s well for tge rosin lovers. Produces a very good daytime flower smoke. And it produced very well for me indoor and is supposed to produce well outside that’s why I have 3 of it to see how it does.The 3 littles are the green dream two of the clones just got moved outside this morning.
            Attached Files
            4x4 flower tent
            sour dream
            Blue Diesel
            Trainwreck
            platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
            Green Dream
            Sour Dream
            blue dream
            Freakshow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah for summer outdoor. Good luck Booger789 may your little bushes become big trees I'm right behind ya.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice start!

Heres my little gals they are transitioning to outdoor in an out of my outdoor grow tent. 1 peanut butter breath, 3 GG#4 ( 2 going to a trade for CBD plants ) 1 3 Run Homer and 1 pre 98 Bubba Kush. The big one is PBB she's rather needing some larger pot seems like but may stick her in a flower bed not sure yet. All mostly indica hybreds.

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              And another nice start, luv your cart.

Thanks Rwise i need to pump up the tires they are low from sitting over winter. It sure helps me follow the sun while they are small. I hope to keep them under 6ft. All are getting topped. After a month or so i'll place heavy bamboo stakes to pull them away from touching each other. Plans always change LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Man, those autos are getting big, I never expected them to get this big, I mean Momma was only 18" tall in all her glory. The male is 66.5" tall now, almost at his climax at 9 weeks old.
              The Blueberry is looking better, all I have done is give her lots of water even with the rains, I think I got the Epsom salt to heavy. I also put a few ladybugs on her just in case.
              Would you call this transplanting? Not shown is the bags of pelleted sulfur and dolomite lime, in the bucket is hard wood ash and the sack is crumbled egg shells. once the soils was mixed and around the raised bed I pulled the little ring out so it can now have way more soil, then tied her down! I have to add another load, but I'll do the other raised bed first. Then to find material to make 2 more of these large beds.

Comment

Just got my outdoor gals into there forever home. All are sitting in the garden cart won't place them in the sun spots cause we have a wood privicy fence in the works building the woven fence panels now out of oak an maple wood pallet boards. I'll post the pic when completed. Been at this place 30yrs never worried about folks seeing my " business" now they are within 15ft of my gardens. It's been hard seeing them build on what was a quite peaceful area......

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear that! I have watched this area grow up around me, I am one of the few land owners that owns more than a lot or 2. I do like me privacy, though I got caught today in the garden with only the undies on.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X