Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SoOrbudgal I never thought of 'trimming' it, yet. I swear, I'm a healthcare enigma, Murphy's Law would be my next tat, if I got another and now I'm growing midgets, or plants of short stature to be PC.

• HobbitGDF
    commented on 's reply
    glad things are well. i know i would have been scared as hell for surgery. props.
    your plants look great. they about to get the chop?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    LOL micro surgical heeehee. No need i would even dig out those suger leaf just trim like a pineapple leave suger leaf just close trim. Looks good from above in that #1 pic but yes you go dwarfs somehow growing. But it ain't over yet

• Puglover1
    replied
    I adjusted the hooks on Chewy 3x Saturday to draw ends to the pot's edges while keeping the canopy level. The underside: do I remove the small leaves/new growth around the stem & on the branch(es)?

Lemon is leaning bc of hooks that I need to move anyway. I see new pistils, do I remove all leaves that point downward and all small curly leaves? I can use twisties to pull top buds aside to work on it.

Runt: Should I shop for micro-surgical instruments? I separated the top where it was FIMed, I have a blurry pic or this one, hard to tell a difference. Trace a leaf & clip it as close as I'm able? This one's a trip.

Last check tonight my eye caught something white on the runt, thought it was trouble. Appears to be the underside of a sugar leaf, covered in frost.

I planned to do this Friday but while I was watering plants my nephew texted he was on his way to replace the exhaust fan in the ceiling. I put each plant in a basin, in the closed-door bathroom, bc of the Cat.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    yup - that's one of my problems too when I try the LST - old fatter fingers

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Best part is television is way better - I can see the puck on the screen again!

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on your procedure going well.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Canuck147 for the explanation and advice.

I used to manage an amusement company - pinballs, videos, jukeboxes, foosball, pool tables, etc. I was on-call every weekend for a year. Best job ever. I had each size and shape of forceps, hemostats, but I can't find one pair now. Those two older girls are tight azzes, my fingers aren't fat but they're not skinny either. Threading those hooks was like doing a puzzle. The AC isn't keeping up today, supposed to be worse tmrw, I think I'll put the pots on the kitchen table (cat-free zone) to work on them then.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    yes take off those colored leaves on your runt - pic 3 on the right could lose leaves that are growing inward toward the center and not receiving much light.
    On Chewy I would take off what is growing down into the soil as well as any weirdly growing leaves - remember the plant wants to grow vertically not sideways so that's why you get swirly weird leaves. Looks great - looks to be at the stage that what you cut off should grow back - but once they start replacing with 3 finger leaves then there is no replacement after that - plant would rather make the flowers more enticing for the males

• Puglover1
    replied
    If I'd known I was going to have such shorties/bizarre grow I'd have started my own thread.

Monday night I pinned down Chewy's bottom two sets and laid it open where the cat topped it. This morning there's a lot of new growth. I raised some hooks so that lower buds can try to be stay in height but I never know which leaves are OK to remove or important to keep.

Pic #4 NL runt: Do I remove those top leaves that look like a plant that's finishing up? The top is like one big bud, shoots growing outward are quite short, go figure. I pinned lower buds out for air and light.

Pic #3 Lemon (on the R): Lower buds are pinned outward, the top is stacking buds, they're like 4 big nugs. I was able to open up the stem for light & air.

I see the most potential in Chewy. Please give me some advice? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Glad everything went well, Canuck. It's looking frosty up north.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    pics are sharper to me too. - and thanks

• Dannyboy58
    commented on 's reply
    Glad it went well! Wow, even your pictures are sharper today! Those look sweet.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Man...that is awesome! First your eye surgery, that is so cool. Amazing what they can do, you must be very happy. I hope that it only better from here for you. And second, plant are looking great. Real glad to hear that you can enjoy them even more now

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Lily, I want to lower mine too. Hoping the nephew can come by again soon, mostly for the fan. I'm trying to think of something to safely lift my pots up higher for a bit. The basins don't provide pot-bottom air flow. Maybe Dollar General, look for something cheap to repurpose. I need to put the house at 70 to keep closet under 80 and today's not as hot. Raising pots and lowering light intensity for the warmest part of the hottest days might have to happen for now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X