Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Since the Cali Dream and Strawberry Lemonade pics have been on this grow I thought I’d show how I did them since I have nothing to add to the scrog grow right now (they just fattening up really)

Again, these were not scrogged, I just put them under a screen to expose more bud sites at flower. These are the 3rd and 4th plants I’ve tried this on with great success.

This is a GDP that’s 5wks old. This morning I just started laying down the colas growing from node one. I let them grow naturally until the 6th node was about 1/2” tall then I topped above the 4th node, removed everything below node 3 then LST’d nodes 3 and 4 out wide. It’s basically a double manifold leaving the upward growth at nodes 2 and 4 as with the the PPP method. Once all four branches get 7 nodes I’m topping them back to the 5th nodes then basically keep everything low as shown. I may end up removing a couple of the upward growth because it makes a messy center but that’s a while away. Until then just keeping it low so it’s easier to get under a screen later.

Thought I’d add that when I train plants this way, I remove the fan leaves in the center of the plant to get light to those colas once the main branches get enough leaves at the ends. As you can see, all 4 fan leaves have been removed from node 1, I left the upward growing colas at node 2 then removed all node two fan leaves. Now that node 3’s fan leaves are getting big and in the way I’ll remove them in a couple of days. See how bushy the ends of each branch are? Once there’s enough leaves out there to gather light/energy you can remove the inner fan leaves and your plant won’t even notice. We want all colas getting equal light and as close to the same size as possible.

Another trick I do is this. Say the cola on the left of a node is outgrowing the cola on the right side of the same node. I’ll turn the smaller cola towards the light snd cover the bigger cola with a leaf until the smaller one catches up. Doesn’t take long

Oh btw, I’m old school, I still veg under T5’s. I personally don’t think they can be beat for veg. Plants love the heat and the range of light they produce. I don’t put my lights under the Electric Sky’s until 2wks before flower.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-19-2021, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Holy guaca that looks like little LEDs what a beautiful shot from above bboyfromwayback.

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Got the girls thinned out a bit but nothing major. The White Widow has a bunch of buds in the center that are only about 1” above the screen but they’re already getting thick so I left them. I just get the humidity down mid 40’s. With plenty of air she’ll be fine. Got the Dos Si Dos stood back up. Happy tent tonight

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    It was always my favorite sport growing up. Nothing like standing over the plate having someone throw heat at you. We still have a teenager at home who’s playing so now I help coach. Practice or a game every evening. Yay lol

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    These plants looks great. Tons of buds, that overhead shot is amazing.....You like baseball? Go Jays Go!

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Things finally starting to get back to normal in 2021 and baseball be consuming once again. Unfortunately, that leads to neglected plants from time to time. The three big plants are unhappy tonight, guess I was a day behind on watering. I knew it was a feed and just didn’t feel like mixing, watering and removing runoff last night. On the positive that Dos Si Dos is already falling over 👍🏻 Week 6 feed with first dose of molasses tonight, bout to give them some support

Its mid week 3 for the Gorilla Glue and White Widow. I missed all four corners on the GG and two corners on the WW. They’re not growing much height wise now so tomorrow evening I’m going to thin them out just a bit more to get the centers thinned out a little bit then sit back snd watch them buds get fat. The taller cola on the GG up front is already white from the screen to the top. Love me some Glue

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Grouchy! I try to add things as I think of them. As with everything in life, the little details can make a big difference

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
    I run 4 fans in my tent; 2 at the top over the lights, one at canopy level and another on the floor. Good airflow is imperative with this technique. If not bud rot will likely get to the center colas before harvest. Thought I’d throw that one in there 🤔 UFC
    Hey Bboy, little tidbits like that are invaluable! Another reason I think this thread is the Essential Scrog Tutorial. You not only explain it, you show it in progress. "Tuck em UNDER dammit!"

You've done a really great job with this grow and postings! Good on ya mate.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Sativas are always fun paired with something else. I use the tomato rings by themselves if I do a manifold or with autos to help spread them out
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-11-2021, 07:20 PM.

• BaccaRacca
    commented on 's reply
    I'm following with great interest, and adapting to my own needs. I've just started using 18" perennial flower supports. They don't have a lot of slots on the outer perimeter, but I think I can adapt with small dowels and bamboo supports. They are virtually the same diameter as my 10-gallion pots and allow me to rotate the pots inside the 2'-square boxes I have for them. Right now my 3-weeks-into-flip Blue Dream towers 12" above the support. Space and timing considerations are delaying the flip of ghe GG#4 until this weekend. I placed the support Saturday and it started growing through the support the next day. Keep up the good work as I try to tag along in my own way. Thank you!

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I’m trying to explain as simply as possible. Hopefully it’s working lol

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Just excellent work bboyfromwayback such fine care working that scog and that's what it takes. And thank you for all the details and how to's really you put in alot of great easy advice for those of us.

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    The White Widow grew some more so I thought I’d explain a little more. That too is a few inches above the screen and it’s leaves are covering smaller buds that still have potential to become colas. Gently pull it down snd over to the next opening. I like to arrange it so the screen goes between nodes on the stem so no buds get smashed. Now leave the smaller colas in the opening by themselves and spread them
    out best as possible. Remove that leaf that’s growing up snd over the smaller bud sites. Now that tall cola is the same height as the smaller stuff and they’ll be able to become tops themselves. Week 3 I like to go through each opening snd remove small skinny stems. Preferably I like no more than 2 colas growing throw an opening. Sometimes you can get away with three but it gets dense in there as the buds fatten up and you want plenty of air flow.

I run 4 fans in my tent; 2 at the top over the lights, one at canopy level and another on the floor. Good airflow is imperative with this technique. If not bud rot will likely get to the center colas before harvest. Thought I’d throw that one in there 🤔

Again, if anyone has questions about something ask. I’m trying to think of details but there a lot if habits you develop over the years that becomes 2nd nature and a may go overlooked as a important detail. The other day Canuck147 on his auto grow mentioned how anytime he gives his plants a haircut he does it on a watering day because they respond better. I do the same thing. Whenever a plant is big enough to start training I wait until a watering day, they bounce back better. It’s like when you workout, gotta eat and rest to recover properly, same thing with plants . Anyways, that was a small detail that may go unmentioned so I thought that was a nice tidbit he added.

Ok, Saturday night. Cowboy gonna whip somebody’s ass tonight ( hopefully) 🙏🏻 Time to burn a fattie and watch some UFC
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-08-2021, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Hey I appreciate it! Glad to hear, if you try this method out or tweak it you your own post pics on here, please! I’d like to see how it works out. Looking forward to seeing you post something on Show My Grow one day that blows us all away 👍🏻

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    GG is fine smoke, probably one of our favs but she’s a picky one. Especially the GG autos, slight stress once flowering and you’ll get seeds. Been my experience anyways.

I had the GG in the middle, directly under the ES300 Bc she was lagging behind but she didn’t seem to like it. Once I raised the little ones closer to canopy level I moved her to the outer edge and put the White Widow center and now they’re both happy so I think you’re onto something about GG not liking intense light. I just finished a auto grow with a GG and a Girl Scout Cookies, same sized plants snd the GG tops were slightly burned while the GSC was praying to the LED gods everyday lol

I used to grow in a 2.5ft x 5ft tent so I’m aware what it’s like being too crowded to spread them out to get them side branches. I always removed any lateral branches growing towards the outside and leave the good ones growing towards the inside. By good I mean thick stems. Anything that hasn’t thicker up by week 3 of flower I remove. Those skinny stems don’t produce big fat colas

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X