Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	F5F0E753-B358-4691-8C5B-89B5D55F3079.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	924.4 KB ID:	503918 Best I can do with fat fingers to show the 16 nodes.

This plant is 5wks old and has been topped twice but hopefully I can be clear as to everything that’s occurred prior to the picture, any questions just ask me.

I always start in a styrofoam cup sitting on a heating pad. Styrofoam is a insulator so the cups help to keep those young roots nice and warm. 2wks in a cup then I go to a 1 gallon pot 4wks. From there it’s into the final pot. I personally don’t start in big pots, everytime I’ve tried the growth is just too slow the first couple of weeks. Whenever I pot up the containers are filled with roots which tells me just as much growth going on under the soil as above which is what we want.

I count the first node as the 3 serated leaves. I do nothing to the plant but let it grow until it has 5 fully developed nodes with leaves and node 6 is about 1/4” long. From there I top the plant right above node 5, remove all of the growth below node 4 and then give the plant a few days to recover.

As the 4 stems grow out I start to LST them down flat and once the tops of the colas develop their own sets of leaves I remove the big fan leaves connected to the main stalk because at this point they’re usually a lot bigger than everything else so they’re blocking light from those colas.

Once the 4 stems growing out all have 3 nodes, I top them back to the 1st node which leaves 8 colas. As those colas start growing out I LST them down as well and let them grow.

This catches us up to today’s pic. I keep LST’ng just to train my plant to be flat until the 8 colas all have grown at least 3 nodes a piece, then I top them back to the 1st nodes which will leave us 16 colas total which you see in today’s pic.

From here I’ll just water and LST until next weekend when she’ll go into a 3 gallon pot under a screen. That’s where I’ll pickup next

Side note, I keep all the big fan leaves tucked under the main stems so the colas get as much light as possible
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 04-02-2021, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    I’m coming along for tips and advice. I’m yet to try it but seriously considering it for my next grow

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I really dig small scrogs for me it's the only method i'd could use anymore. I will be watching and learning

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    started a topic ScrOG tutorial with pics

ScrOG tutorial with pics

I have yet to find a ScrOG tutorial that I 1) agree with and 2) wasn’t a little confused after reading it. There’s one on GWE that’s ok (LBH’s ScrOG tutorial) it starts off really easy to follow until his plant goes under a screen then it gets a little murky from there. As I was doing my second topping this morning it occurred to me that I’m early enough in to show how I do it. The last year I’ve played with mainlines and manifolds but from here on out I’m back to what I’ve always done, ScrOG. This method has always provided me with the best results as far as yield and quality of buds. So if you wish, follow along.

The pics posted are of a Chocolope I grew in a 3 gallon pot with only a 3wk veg and she produced 112g of solid bud, zero fluff.

The plants I’ll be doing the tutorial with is a Gorilla Glue #4 and a White Widow. 5wks from sprout (so a 3wk veg) and due to space they’ll probably be going into a 3 gallon pot under a 14”x15” screen next weekend so quick and easy tutorial.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-04-2021, 11:23 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X