Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Sure thing! Any type of fencing would work but I’m glad I used the garden fencing since it has a rubber coating. After I use a screen I’ll spray it with foaming Clorox bathroom cleaner and hose it off. Other than the ends being rusted where cut they look new

• panalilies
    commented on 's reply
    thank you!

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Day 45, for the Gorilla Glue and White Widow. They just received week 6 feed + molasses. Both plants are healthy and super sticky.

The Dos Si Dos is drying. 338g wet which will be around 3.5oz dry. Strawberry Lemonade can go as soon as the drying rack is free. The Cali Dream has a bit, it’s pistols haven’t even started to curl in.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I bought my fencing years ago at a local feed store to keep deer out of our blackberries and had some left over that I cut to different sizes of screens but I found this on Amazon, pretty much the same thing. Shop around and you may find it cheaper. Any garden center in the states will have it locally if you’re in the US

• panalilies
    commented on 's reply
    bboyfromwayback- could you link the garden fencing you used? Thank you and great plants!

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Day 41, pulled the girls out for a better view. These buds are dense AF and average the size of a shot glass in thickness. We are completely out of the Glue so I’m not patiently waiting on these but I will. The White Widow buds are slightly smaller than the Gorilla Glue but there’s way more of them. Every little bud site on that plants turned into 3 grams at least 😂

Not much going on now but watering them every 2-3 days and a turn them everytime I water. Other than that it’s cruise control.

In the past weeks news article Nebula rated the Electric Sky’s at the top as far as yield under LED’s and after a year growing under them I couldn’t be happier. Barely run a ac unit in my grow room anymore and still pulling way more bud than we can use. There for a while I was using so much less electricity I got a letter from the power company saying the household usage was down 30%. If you’re growing under HPS and thinking about switching over, save your pennies Bc these lights aren’t cheap but you won’t be unhappy. I wasted more money on Viparspectra and Mars Hydro lights trying to find a good LED than i spent on these anyways just to sit on a shelf.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-03-2021, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Day 38 and the buds are starting to fatten up, I’ll start feeding molasses this week. They’re already super frosty, GG has the WW beat as far as frostiness goes so far.

The other plants are on day 53 and the Dos Si Dos could go now if I wanted to take her down. She’s about 20% amber, going for 30-40% with no hurry. The Cali Dream and Strawberry Lemonade have another 2wks probably.

The Cali Dream is massive. I don’t weigh my grows, I just go by how many jars I fill but I may actually weigh her. I’m guessing she’ll provide around 8oz of nugs which is insane considering she’s 1 of 5 plants in the tent running about 495w. I had to bring the plants into the flower tent in stages this grow and never went above 75% on the dial.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    As I was watering the vegging plants today I saw a picture perfect example to explain this technique and the reasoning for it. A lot of growers for whatever reason seem to miss how to actually use a screen or net to increase their yield. Excuse my crappy artwork but this was easier for me than using a pc.

If a plant is grown vertical then all those bud sites will hopefully turn into dense nuggets. Some bud sites that get more light may even grow off the main stem and develop their own side branching but the buds will never become actual tops. You know, the big dense fat sparkly buds we all marvel at.

Growing a plant horizontal under a screen changes this structure. Now as the stem grows out towards the edge of the screen, all those bud sites are exposed to direct light with nothing overtop of them. This allows them to grow into colas instead of just bud sites. Now instead of these bud sites just being a nice nuggets, they’re tops. Starting out, if nothing else, I guarantee this will increase your bud quality. Say goodbye to fluffy larf or harvesting a plant in stages because the lower stuff isn’t mature yet. Once you get the hang of it and your growing a screen full of fat tops the yields will come. Quality is a given.

With this GDP you can see I now have 5 colas growing out instead of just bud sites down on the stem. As these get bigger they’ll develop their own bud sites/colas. Earlier in the tutorial when I was talking about allowing the little stuff to grow up, these bud sites circled are exactly what I was referring to. Now remember, the fan leaves have been removed in this pic. The bud site is the growth the comes up at a angle between the stem and fan leaves.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-23-2021, 08:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• newbutoldgrower75
    commented on 's reply
    They are looking awesome buddy..

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Real nice. Buds-O-Plenty. Cool method!!

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    It’s day 30 since first sign of flower and we’re starting to see the fruits of our labor. All the buds on each plant start slightly below the screens and average about the size of a Bic lighter. The shot from above shows we’re looking at a lot of Bic lighters 😁

Remember these are in 3 gallon pots with a short veg time. Using 5 gallon and up or hydro with a longer veg will produce bigger buds.

The whole reason I wanted to show this type of technique is because you really can’t screw it up. A lot of home growers seem to struggle with yield for whatever reason but if you grow this way you’ll get results. As long as your plant is healthy and you don’t start topping/training too early it’s nearly fool proof
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-20-2021, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    He may be onto something

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Ed Rosenthal says "Smoking cannabis is not addictive but growing cannabis is addictive "

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Yea man! I still get excited about new grows. I guess when I don’t I’ll slow them down. I won’t say quit because I’m spoiled now

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    Looks very promising - fun part is next

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X