No announcement yet.

#2 grow journal, Sour Diesel and Big Dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 oz off one plant is nothing to shake a stick it! Congratulations!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry boss, didn't mean to sound like an ungrateful bastard, I did veg her for 3 months and she was so big, and it's just they looked so big and dense before I stuck them in the dry tent and they got so bone dry so fast after only 2 days...high hopes gone low...stuck a wet paper towel in the jar last night, they already feel a bit more moist...

I came up with my own humidity packs, wet folded paper towels resting in a aluminum foil receptacle. Stuck one in each jar of super dry big Dirty and the rh went from 45 to 65 in 2 days and the buds feel nice and normal again. Phewwww....maybe they'll gain weight too....😳☝🏻😎
    But for now here are a few pics taken last night of the soon to be dead sour diesel. Already posted them on a different thread but they belong here...
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I think that's what caused that. 1200 watt is a lot and too close may be very harmful. I'm new indoors too and I'm curious how much defoliation is too much and how much is good etc. it's a light thing not a defoliation thing. I'm thinking about the same experiment but with two identical clones. Maybe later this year

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Man...there are countless articles on how defo increases bud sites and bigger buds...countless examples as well...

Plants grow leaves for a few reasons...survival..defense from animals...and just plain because they are plants and they are supposed to....they don't need them all....plain and simple...how can one person that has never been a defoliator tell or suggest to someone else that it's not good....it's like my kids telling me that cheese sauce is no good...they refuse to try it but will be the first ones to tell you it is awful...makes no since to me...not trying to be disrespectful but c'mon...

My $.02 given....

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Chill out green I said that lots of leaves and few calyxes is not good. We all know you swear by defoliation. We are just analyzing how and when works better for us

9fingerleafs heres my plan for the next grow, might be a bit ambitious but hey what's life without self imposed challenges! It'll be a double comparison, lec vs led and defoliation vs no defoliation. 8 plants under the scrog, same big dirty strain, same clones. The no defoliation side will get some minor removal but nothing abusive. I'll come up with a detailed schedule for the defoliation side. Let me know your plans for yours, it'll be interesting to compare results.
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      You can always breed a female with another female for homemade feminized seeds if you ever want to go down that path! http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-seeds

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Bought some giberelic acid but it nevrr arrived. I've seen breeders say the best way to get female pollen that won't make hermaphrodite seeds is letting a plant flower +16 weeks and it will make bananas with the healthiest pollen. Have you ever tried this? I could do hat cause this hybrid will flower in less than 10 and the brick weed looks like long ass sativa. Maybe the buds I'll leave for the re veggin will make some pollen and in that case I'll for sure save some to pollinize a cuplé of branches

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind I just saw you already mencioned that in the article. Thanks nebula you are he best

Wow I didn't know that about the seeds I'm going to look into that thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
      Man...there are countless articles on how defo increases bud sites and bigger buds...countless examples as well...

Plants grow leaves for a few reasons...survival..defense from animals...and just plain because they are plants and they are supposed to....they don't need them all....plain and simple...how can one person that has never been a defoliator tell or suggest to someone else that it's not good....it's like my kids telling me that cheese sauce is no good...they refuse to try it but will be the first ones to tell you it is awful...makes no since to me...not trying to be disrespectful but c'mon...

My $.02 given....
      Hey green, I hear ya man, but gotta admit if I was a newbie gardener your ways would scare the shit out of me!😂 But yup I'm a convert now.
      Second grow, with a better defoliation schedule than the first and I've already improved my nugs, size and quantity, no doubt. Me personally, I'm a beginner at this and I know myself and the way I learn, gotta do the comparison at some point, might as well do it now. But I'm a pruner, that's where I have fun at work, so I'm pretty sure I'll be chopping fan leaves for a while longer. Just have to keep on trying to figure out the timing better...

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. Timing and how much at a time are escential factors

Tonight's theme at the Acres.

and the bucket is why we flush before harvest with straight water...so we don't smoke this shit! (Runoff from the SD).
      on the pictures are represented the dirty niners, jungle, running out of space...

Comment

Numbers are in for Miss Big Dirty. Final weight after proper rehydration is 2.2oz. I am happy with that.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          That's deeply respectable.

Y'all know what time it is!

Comment

Real buds at last!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking real nice

Congrats...looking good...how's the scissor hash...great color as well

Comment

Thanks green! The hash is piling up nicely! 2 hrs into it and I just got done with the 7 3gallons used as fillers. Haven't started yet on the 2 15gallons pots...I plan on trimming and drying the lec section separate from the led section and see how they compare. Wet weight vs dry weight as well. Stay tuned. Gotta stretch now...maybe a kid will bring me a sandwich...

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks 9! I'm definitely seeing improvements already ... pushing forward!!!

Almost 4 hrs for the lec portion, this is fucking epic!
            I don't know, maybe it was the motivational joint after lunch, but compared to my handful of previous trimmings these lec buds felt like they were ready for it, "come on big boy! Time to do your thing with us!" That big dirty is a weird smoke, good but weird a bit...
            alright y'all I'm apparently baked out of my mind, first barbecue, first ice cream man song down the street, sunny and a bit chilly, I'm done for the day! I'll finish the trimming tomorrow morning. Happy Friday friends!

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Ill go with Wonder Ballroom..sweet balette
              congrats LA
              and happy saturday am-I can wiff it

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              You'd like that place, great acoustic and a cool little bar downstairs...very portlandia if you know the show...

So you know that Sunday you were like hey it's sunny, gonna get me a cup of coffee and smoke a joint and relax, I've done plenty yesterday...hmmm maybe I'll try that sour diesel I harvested the last two days and chill....WRONG!!! I smoked the sour diesel, then everything turned into a sativa induced blur...next thing I know two hours have passed, I've rebuilt the scrog entirely, repotted miss Dutch delight and a sandwich even appeared next to me! Damn sativas!

Comment

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Go lucky go !!! :-) :-)

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              haha.
              My mrs went away Saturday, came back sunday. Got mega wasted on Saturday, a complete write-off. Spent many hours in front of the tv eating a heap of junk food but no idea what I watched.

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Hysterical! And..
              .NO. More like Jesus I am outta cookies, oh really outta caps ( GIFTING for the most part...). Full work week ahead..there went R&R for the weekend. In kitchen for 2 days....monitoring heat & stir
              BU

Well guys this is it, the numbers are in! The total amount of jarred Sour Diesel came to exactly 10oz(285g). I'm not gonna lie I really thought it was gonna be a lot more before chopping, I know, I know, looks are always deceiving but...I hadn't realized how airy the buds were. Live and learn. I am however really happy with the smoke, still a bit of that country fresh harsh but the effects are phenomenal, see my Sunday post re ze scrog. Each new try gets better! Good sativa energy, no jitter, and in the zone focused! And pan relief the way Sour D should!
            Now more numbers in regard to the pseudo scientifico experiment I attempted with them lights.
            led 1200w(real draw is less than 600w according to manual) section of the scrog produced 110g
            lec 315w section of the scrog produced 120g
            the cfls 40w x8 arranged along the edges of the scrog( see drawing, please ignore bottom letters) produced 55g.
            now keep in mind the lights were not confined and overlapped each other.
            Like I said it was not a true experiment and it really didn't show much I think.
            The Big Dirty was under the second led 1200 and produced 2.2 oz so that's a total harvest of 12.2oz, 1.2oz more than the previous one ! Whoop whoop moving on up in the world!
            The plan now is to take the week to give a little tlc to the flower room and wait before moving the next round in(x9 big dirty). I'll wash all flat surfaces then seal the floor better. I also want to replace the Mylar on the walls with painted plywood(flat white right?). Once that's all clean and sealed and ready for plants I'll bomb the fuck out of it! I got me a pyrethrin fogger, those thrips don't stand a chance! Mwhahaha! Once that's done and aired out proper the new ladies will be brought in, hopefully by Saturday. I'll leave them veg and flip them on the 21st. I have relatives coming over from the motherland early June and didn't want to be stuck in the middle of harvesting while they were here. They know about my new trade so I suppose I could put them to work and give them a taste of real Portlandia!
            Well friends it's been fun, thanks for hanging in there with me, helping, commenting, supporting, it takes a village to raise a Lucky right!?!?!! I raise this joint to all of you!

And as always,
            Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep second that. Definitely flat white. If possible get something with anti mould stuff in it too or mix it in yourself.

• Sean Winchester
              Sean Winchester commented
              Editing a comment
              Frp at homedepot its like 4x8 sheets of white plastic

• Xaliuz
              Xaliuz commented
              Editing a comment
              Intereseting how much the LEC yielded in comparison. Congratulation on your harvest maan! Ohh to have glasses like those...haha enjoy
              Last edited by Xaliuz; 04-11-2017, 01:19 PM. Reason: typo

A divine display "Jars of Joy" ! Have fun refurbishing your grow space...it is a great feeling once done Nice job!!!
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X