No announcement yet.

#2 grow journal, Sour Diesel and Big Dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my last post I just couldn't shake it off, seemed wrong to leave it at that... i went thru the threads again, gathered intel(thanks all!) and went into battle mode. So I stayed home, spent another 2hrs finishing chicken bone defoliation, hoping I'd get rid of thrips too, sprayed the flowerers with azamax, last time until harvest, added diabolicious earth to all pots, added 1/2 " layer of sand on top of ALL plants in the shed, even the clones, they looked a little surprised!, also sprayed drain holes on pots, vacuumed all drain saucers and all leaves on the ground...running out of ideas...lunch time!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Just a few pictures of yesterday's defoliation aftermath, I'll let them be for now, 3rd week of flowering, the stretch looks done, next hair cut shouldn't be as drastic.
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Man that's looks like a lot of work...great job..

Where is the big dog at...

Comment

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes...that was epic...it will pay off...it must...or madness will set in...
          Big dog? Mama ATF? She's resting, brewing her next move...she's got marriage on the brain...

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          The 315.....

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! Thick brain at times... it's in between the leds. Been watching closely any diff in growth between both lights

Quick update that can't wait till Wednesday! After realizing and finally admiting to myself I had a full fledge invasion of thrips in both rooms, and after finally getting serious about it yesterday and today, azamax foliar apIication, I just had my first victory in a while. They were right there, magnified 60 times under my loupe, white and pudgy like, abject, laying in their own spit, immobile, DEAD!....ah the joy in my heart! Life has meaning again!
        Tomorrow: round 2 of spray...

Comment

Good job glad to hear it...stay vigilant always

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Done goofing around!

lucky, you are so hilarious
          "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Been telling my kids exactly that for ever!

• Green75
            Green75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ain't that something..I have also been telling my wife and kids for years that I am a funny guy...

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't had to sleep in my shed yet so I think I still got the wife on my side, kids might just be a lost cause for now...

Sometimes it's just easier to take the dogs and sleep in the other room..before you get sent there
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            The dog had it figured out way before me. Matter of fact according to her she's not a dog so to her sleeping on beds is totally fine...

• bobsakamoto
            bobsakamoto commented
            Editing a comment
            tika, lol!!

Friends, it is with my head down and my pride shoved down my throat that I face you tonight (drama time baby! It's the lucky hour!). My negligence, stonery and procrastination have culminated into one motherfucking stressful week at the Acres, pardon my French. Read this and remember, what not to do. As it always does around here it started with thrips. I sprayed them once then another time a week later. Bad. Follow up within 2-3 days max. Damn it lucky you know better! Yup, I do. Part of my other business is to use pesticides(not the friendly ones) and I hate mixing the stuff and spraying, can't stand it. So I do it as little as needed and it works out fine. Not so much with a (potential) cash crop. So thrips "came" back again and again...to the point I had to do something and do it right the first time. Grow shop stoner dude suggested azamax at 1oz per gallon 3 or 4 days in a row. Fine by me. Desperate times...the result is on the pictures, droopy hell hole of a shed...for x y z reason...
          Another thing to consider is my frankensteining of nutes feeding. Realized that emerald harvest's sturdy stalk and cal mag should be used on water only days. Been using it every time I feed them but straight h2o on water days. Maybe that's what causes the curling of those top new shoots on the veggers? Also, and I feel stupid having thought it was going to be fine, I have left over tiger bloom from AN. Been adding it to emerald harvest nutes for the bloomers, all of it full doses....tsss, tsss, tsss, lucky what the fuck where you thinking? I wasn't apparently, not at all...nutes lock up causing the curling down? And drooping? Last feeding was Sunday. Run offs were phed at 6-6.5. Same with soil ph and nutes feed.
          Also, could all the spraying of azamax coat the leaves so much that they're chocking? Could I water veg and flo with straight water to clean them up? Use a small amount of soap too?
          Last but not least. The lec. Oh yeah sure go ahead, take away the t5 bay and replace it with a lec315 and after only a day or two against all the manufacturer's recommendations and basic common sense really, just drop the fucker about 13" from the top! It will be fine I promise! Sigh...burnt leaves...which I didn't see right away of course because the leds next to it turn everything purple! My one clue should have been the burning sensation on my hands every time I work under those lights, damn Damn brain!
          So.........as of tonight Thursday, the last azamax spray for veggers(3rd appl.) and flowers(2nd appl.) was Tuesday am (no lights on etc...did that one right...). I flushed all the plants with phed straight water Wednesday night. Things seem to be improving slowly. The veggers, the new growth are reverting back away from the curling. The flowers, leaves are straightening up a bit, I think the chi has started to flow again. Thrips on the other hand are nowhere to be seen, that part seems to have worked. Once everyone is healthy again, I'll spray the veggers only one more time.
          Right now I don't know what I'll end up with with all this stunted growth in this part of the cycle. Time will tell. Until then thanks for stopping by and yup go ahead kick right here, that's my ass, go for it, I deserve it...thanks...

Comment

Oh Lucky, how are your plants ever supposed to thrive without proper love and care? At least you know who's to blame for those issues and aren't afraid to admit it.
            Wishing you luck for the rest of the grow.
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Ummm... you might want to look up the word vigilan.. it appears you're definition and my definition are different....lol...haha...sorry..had to....

Damn man...bad news all around there..sorry to hear that!!!

Rinse off your leaves...when you are done treating them...Will be fine..... also when you're done treating them,rinse your medium with hydrogen peroxide and water 10 - 1 mix

Damn't lucky...get on your game!!!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                LuckyAcres commented
                Editing a comment
                No worries, well deserved and well taken! I'd have done the same with you! 😅😅
                Was just driving and figured out what's going on, my season is about to start, and I'm not ready for it at all, body and mind. Been distracting me. Body pains have been messing with my head too I think at the upcoming work doom. I like my job I'm just getting too broken for it, anyways getting my head back in the game on both fronts. Will do the rinse and h2oo asap. 😇😎💨💨💨

Course corrected, grip gotten, head pulled out of arse and thrown back in game, full tilt forward...the ladies are responding very well to the h2oo flush, water spray, lights moved up and bugs gone...still a bit of leaf tip drooping but that could be the fact they haven't been able to dry much with all the various flushings. Few more days and it will be a bad memory. Will keep on monitoring for thrips in both rooms but no more sprayin flower, it is what it is. The veggers will get a few more preventative rounds before scrogging. Green thanks for a stopping by and advising, I'm serious man if it ever gets down to titles you're the consigliere and nebula is the godmother (Pacino style not the twinkle bell bs!)!

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude I'm glad you got it under control...feeling defeated sucks...you stood up...realized the game was afoot and did what you had to...carry on...

Tonight was photo shoot night. With 5 more weeks to go it's the Miss SD Possee saying good night y'all!

Comment

• Xaliuz
                Xaliuz commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow.. they really bounced back huuh?

• NebulaHaze
                NebulaHaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Your plants look great in these pictures! Definitely let us know how they're developing!

Wonderful save and wonderful images !!! Whahoo!!!!!
              Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
              Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
              GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
              photoperiod feminized seeds
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Hey guys, thanks, yeah the sd definitely flipped off the whole drama with one gigantic cola up in the air, "bring it on!" I heard them whisper I think...the veggers still look like they just got unfolded out of some old drawer but they're coming back, big dirty isn't as resilient as sour diesel.

Comment

Really looking tons better!! Good job lucky...lucky

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                    LuckyAcres commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks green! I had great support! I did my thing in there the other day to get them back and basically walked away last couple days, couldn't bear the sights anymore, last night was a pleasant surprise for sure. I know why now everyone says sd is an easy strain to grow, the bastards can handle just about anything! Sour Diesel and cockroaches will be left standing alone after the nuclear holocaust!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X