No announcement yet.

#2 grow journal, Sour Diesel and Big Dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well funny you ask Nebula, Thursday is journal day. Here it goes!
    3/5 water only to the veggers and nuke em foliar spray then full nutes without calmag on 3/8.
    3/7 full nutes to the flowerers
    Made cannabutter on Friday which I used to make brownies on Saturday. been catching up on my sleep, I eat a little square before bedtime and see ya !
    On Tuesday I got tired of looking at those damaged leaves so I defoliated the vegging big dirties...
    In other news I met with someone who's going to be my patient. Results? Free meds for him and I just went from being able to grow legally 6 mature plants to ....12! All sanctioned by the state, I still have a hard time registering all this, this new freedom can be much to fully appreciate. But there'll be an outdoor harvest this year after all! No money to build and set up another shed....yet...My seeds are on the way and I got a forest of clones in the waiting room, already planning the outdoor area.
    The flower room is doing great. I pluck sample leaves once or twice a day to check for any signs of thrips but all I find are rare motionless white larvaes.
    The buds are sticky the way they should, waiting at this point...just passed the half way point for the sour diesel and their 10 week cycle. Big dirty has another 2-3 weeks max.
    Alright gonna stop now before I start blabbering endlessly. Thanks for stopping by!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Everything is shaping up great! I can't wait to hear how the LED and LEC-grown buds compare to each other

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I thought I could tell the difference but I'm not sure anymore...which tells me something right?, 1200 vs 315 and same looking results...so far...

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I've only seen a few LEC grows so far but they're pretty impressive even for first-time growers. I feel pretty confident that LECs are going to end up getting better yields than even the best LEDs on average (watt-for-watt). I actually want to get a 315 myself one of these days! I am curious how it compares to HPS watt-for-watt

Picture perfect...No hill for a climber!!!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks boss man!

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
      Yes, I've only seen a few LEC grows so far but they're pretty impressive even for first-time growers. I feel pretty confident that LECs are going to end up getting better yields than even the best LEDs on average (watt-for-watt). I actually want to get a 315 myself one of these days! I am curious how it compares to HPS watt-for-watt
      The hps is I think out of the question for me, heat output and head room. Haven't done cost comparison yet but been told that hps cost about $150 per month to run. So it's gonna be lec or led for me for a while. I plan on waiting to see final results of this little test and maybe chuck the t5, move my leds to the the veg room and replace them with couple lec. My shop is still running its sale for $355 until the end of the month...
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        The big HPS grow lights like a 1000W definitely get extremely hot and use a lot of electricity, but smaller ones like a 250W HPS put out less heat and use less energy than even a 315 LEC. So size/wattage definitely matters when it comes to HPS!

Repotted, powdered up, cabled in and tied down, those Big Dirties are ready to kick ass!

Comment

Here I go being a safety Sally again: diatomaceous earth is an inhalation hazard, particulate respirator should be worn when spreading that fine dust.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup and really appreciate the info Safety Sally. We also use it in paint mediums....

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know and started wearing one so thanks dingus!

Well.....where the Hell you been...

Comment

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey hey green how you been? Landscaper season man, it started this week, I'm also in the middle of gearing up, prepping plants, testing and tasting buds for the upcoming harvest turnaround! I've been busy as hell. How about you, you have a spring too at work right?

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell yes ...people moving in and out this time of year and only getting worse...all kinds of remodeling to do...I have close to 500 properties to maintain/remodel...

Way busy...glad you are good!!

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought so. Gonna send the gremlins to bed where they belong then I'll update this journal, get the pop corn ready!

3/8 today I bought extra grow bags and repotted all the 9 big dirties in them. Usual half coco coir and half ocean forest. Bought extra 18" saucers and their drain riser thingies for the bags. Mama atf got moved up to her chalet, some tall pot, 5-7 gallons? Not sure but her roots were ready for more space, so were the dirties.
        All the big dirties and the atf got harpooned down. I ran some stiff wire from the top of the fabric up to some branches to open up the crown and get that inside growth going. They now look a bit more "professional ".
        *interlude* i.e. it's landscaper season again...
        Been busy the last 10 days between the real job picking up while also getting the different grows for their next stages. Big dirty is ready for the chop chop, it's happening this Saturday. It will be 8 weeks and even though the early bud I tried last week was a bit too edgy it sent me on my ass. Proper. Dinner making turned science project kinda...so Saturday it is. The collection of sour diesel will meet their maker's blade a week or two later. Sour diesel is a 10 week cycle according to the google. Not to be repeated.
        On the 11th my illegal immigrant arrived from bonza island. She's in her fancy red corvette cruising with the others and I already set her up with her own journal, she just hopes it doesn't get her too much attention from the you know who. Other than that she's doing pretty good.
        Speaking of early bud, this afternoon I tried an early sour diesel and that was another kick in the brain. Proper. As well. I was cleaning up the back yard this time, sativa got me busy!
        Pyrethrin my friends!!!!! Or whatever other spelling there might be out there. That shit works, 2 sprays 3 days apart, I keep on checking everyday and nothing, it's been a week. Thrips are dead and gone. The 9 dirties will get another round before their switch for good measure. And I plan on giving the Cervantes h2oo bath to my buds after I cut them. Extra work yes but it'll wash those remaining dead thrips and that dust flying around. It's worth it.
        Alright peeps that's all I got tonight, got a gremlin remodeling her bedroom to the sound of it, better intervene while I can! Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

You did awesome job on your attack!!
          plants look great!! Hard work and vigilance pays off every time!! Good show brotha!!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks buddy! The upside of being as stubborn as I am I suppose!

Big Dirty just got the chop! Another 2 weeks for the sour ds...

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Each led is a viperspectra 1200w(2 of them) and one lec315 in between them. As far as I can tell one lec315 is just as good as one led1200, similar prices for about half the consumption...jury is still out...next grow will tell me for sure...stay tuned...

Great looking buds...good job!!!

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! And I wish you guys could smell them too, such a particular scent and flavor. i can't really describe it without sounding really weird, I'll test drive it with a couple of friends and see what they say.

Beautiful! Droooool.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            I-5 northbound.....

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll bring some of this dairy Queen. Gots about 3 weeks.

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Yay! Play date!

Congratulations!! Love the last photo...beautiful trim
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tika! That was just my try out grow for this strain, next round there'll be nine of them I like this smoke so much!!!

What a lovley bouquet you got there!

Comment

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            Sampling for quality-controll is an important aspect to this common hobby of ours

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Are we professionals or are we not ?!?!?!

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea.. well.. Haha. You are

So good thing the big dirty wasn't the main guest at this table, only 2oz dried! And I mean dried out, this joint is burning so fast, really tasty though...I jarred up the whole thing, if rh doesn't rise by morning I'll have to remoisturize them somehow. But yeah 2oz, waiting on the sour diesel now...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X