Questions about oil..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about oil..

So I bought a Magical Butter Machine and made some oil. The filter that came with the machine doesn't get everything, resulting in a somewhat sedimentary oil. My vape pen is clogged up and I can't get a hit. Also, the oil is very messy and gets on everything. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Use a coffee filter to strain the oil. I only drink the oil I make with the magical butter machine so it’s not an issue for me to have a bit of anything left over. Also I didn’t know you can vape the oil? How did you make it?

Comment

I had the same. made tincture and the last was mostly sediment . you can smoke the oil??
      If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Messy? - pop it in the freezer. But you can't vape this oil, it's full of undesirables - lipids, fats, chlorophyll.

Comment

Smoking the oil in a vape pen requires mixing with other oils and a binding agent. So they say. I am not an F'n expert, and don't trust vaping oils, but would really like to hear more about what your doing. You've got our attention for sure
          I bet Bob Marley's mansion
          has a garden in the back
          Where he's growing something special
          Some celestial homemade hash
          we'll sit down on his front porch
          And listen to the angels band
          Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I thought the whole purpose of making oil was to vape it. I've been vaping the oil I made and it works like a charm when it's not clogging up my vape pen
            I made it according to the mbm instructions; 1 pint Everclear > 2oz. Decarbed Herb cooked it 8 hrs at the specified temperature. Cooked the solution on an electric hotplate till it cooked down. It works. How does everyone else do it?
            Cali how do you drink the oil? It's like tar.
            Thanks again

Comment

Yeah, I have only done it once and had to clean my PAX3 basically each night of use. I also employ a solar oven, to reduce the alcohol - no risk of fire at all. I may try again, in April after my plants have been harvested. I think the trick is to use small amounts. My PAX instructions say the size of a chick pea. My results were surprisingly potent!
              A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Dummy View Post
                Thanks for all the responses. I thought the whole purpose of making oil was to vape it. I've been vaping the oil I made and it works like a charm when it's not clogging up my vape pen
                I made it according to the mbm instructions; 1 pint Everclear > 2oz. Decarbed Herb cooked it 8 hrs at the specified temperature. Cooked the solution on an electric hotplate till it cooked down. It works. How does everyone else do it?
                Cali how do you drink the oil? It's like tar.
                Thanks again
                What you're making is RSO or FECO.
                Try this link for some more info on what you need to do to make a smokeable product. https://extractcrafter.com/
                I use cryo-ethanol extraction to make my meds.
                To make a quality smokeable product, you need to eliminate extracting any chlorophyll and then remove any waxes/fats by winterization and then filtering.
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yeah that kind of oil is better mixed into some weed or for edibles in my opinion. If you want to use it like wax/dabs you have to evaporate the alcohol until it's gone completely. If you're trying to make wax for pretty cheap for use in a dab pen, I think a better way is an extraction tube and butane. It's actually really easy to do, the tools needed along with premium butane are fairly cheap too (less than $50 the first time). Just have to make sure you do it outside or in a well ventilated area so you don't blow anything up. Google is your friend on this one, no tutorials on GWE for it.

Comment

Well I make tincture on the MBM with 190 proof ever clear and just drink about 10 ml with any drink that will mask the alcohol being that I don’t like alcohol at all. I also did it with TMC Coconut oil but I don’t like the extra feeling of energy but my wife really likes it. Guess I will just stick to my cookies 1 and a 1/2 cookies and I’m good.

Comment

• Dieselgrower
                      Dieselgrower commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I also mix the tincture , wife and I use small cup of orange juice

• dphipps1020
                      dphipps1020 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you want to do a non-alcoholic tincture you can use vegetable glycerin. Just boil it like you would with coconut oil and it will come out fantastic. You can leave it full strength (which is what I do) or you can dilute with distilled water to taste. Just another option.

• Dieselgrower
                      Dieselgrower commented
                      Editing a comment
                      vegetable glycerin however your tincture has a shelf life vs everclear in the right jar they last has no shelf life.

UPDATE....so I made a batch of oil and filtered it through a coffee filter and got a very nice, smooth oil. Injected it into the vape cartridge. Screwed it into the battery and...it won't hit. My last attempt it worked.. meaning I got many hits and I got my medicine. Now, the oil is in the cartridge. I push the battery button and....no hit. I thought it would take a while for the oil to work it's way into the mechanism. It's been a few hours and I....Still.Can't.Get.A.Hit. it's frustrating af. Should I buy a new cartridge? Help please and thanks in advance.

Comment

so I did some research and found out to add vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Will keep yall posted.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                        Mr.furley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just because those 2 items are food grade does not make them smoke able. This is a bad idea.

• dphipps1020
                        dphipps1020 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's how they make vape juice too. I've tried this method and it vapes fine for a few hits and then seems to resonate my vape and taste burned. It's not clogging my coil, but the vapor seems to leave the resin after vaping and it burns to ash. At least that's my experience with this. I have been adding a little bit into my nicotine juice to dilute it a little and no more issues. There has to be something I'm missing though, because that's how every recipe I've seen says to do it. If it helps, I actually feel like I had better results without the PG.

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bad for your lungs. Put in oven to remove any excess EverClear, use a thinner, decarb a bit. Last I read pyur was a safer one, they use a hemp oil. I've tried others but this takes a small amount so it doesn't dilute it much. If you evap it down so it's still a nice golden color then use air or time to finish it doesn't get cloggy and looks like dispo cart oil, but a little thicker.

or try MCT oil

Comment

MBM is a glorified soy milk maker. You will never get the extractions you want. You would be better off letting everclear evaporate in the air. Don't use glycerine or mct. a lot of people say bad things about it. If you want cleaner oil use this guide

By Troy Ivan ibc@ichibancrafter.com ETHANOL EXTRACTION: COMPLETE BREAKDOWN The fundamental steps of ethanol extraction are straightforward and relatively easy. Still, for someone looking at it for the first time, it can quickly feel overwhelming with the considerations necessary to achieve various desired end products. It’s not difficult, but the unfamiliarity can make it feel like rocket

After that you can do this.

https://extractcrafter.com/2021/02/2...r-tech-decarb/

Making quality extracts is a lot of work.
                        Last edited by Cloud; 04-13-2021, 10:39 AM.
                        640 watt hlg quantum board
                        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
                        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
                        150 watt hlg quantum board
                        100 watt spider farmer led x2
                        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
                        Water only i don't check ph
                        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Thank you for all your comments. I think I'm going to give up this pipe dream (or vape pen dream). I'll just have to be happy vaping flower until I upgrade to the pax that uses both flower and concentrates. I tried some rso in my tea tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for everyone being so cool.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X