Wilting plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilting plant

So I’m definitely a newbie with these. My question is how come every time I water my plants the get wilty for a couple hours before they stand back up. Doesn’t matter if I give them a little water or enough to run thru. Is this a normal thing or do I need different watering practice. Pic is right after I watered

Here is my question How much water are you giving them ? Eg. 1 gal of water per 5 gals pot ? Every second day ?

Mine does that once in a while.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

In my experience when this happens it one of two things either you are watering before they want more water or your drainage is inadequate and they are staying to wet and until the water settles they'll droop
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Your growing in dirt I take it when I grow in dirt I first water the plants with one large dunken doughnut cup and then I use a moistier meter 10 bucks at walmart and I watch as to when the plant needs water again if it needs water again before 3 days I increase the amount I give ,so usually when the plants get moved outside my goal is to give them enough just enough water to last 3 days , in June its usually 1 to 2 cups in July its up to 3 and in august they should be up to 4 cups , I always check them before they get water but once there at 4 cups I water every 3 days weather it rains or not
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

My plants have not been doing that. I am using fabric pots and added about 20% extra perlite to the soil. I think both things help.

Comment

Since it is winter what are the temps in the grown room. Maybe they too cold?
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

I agree with MeEasy.
            and what temperature is the water when you give to them ?
            ideal water temperature for the roots is 22-24 Celsius.
            if you water with water less than 20 Celsius they will get shocked.

but I’m leaning more towards what MeEasy is suggesting.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t know how big a dime is. But I have 100 holes in my pot in the bottom. And same amount around the pot.
              It could easily be a drainage problem. Or you have roots problems.

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              A dime is probably about 1.5-2cm

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              the size are fine then, but the pot needs more holes

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is not enough sir.
              Makes those holes all around the bottom on the pot. Looks like it’s 1cm or 10MM, same size I use. But I have them everywhere in the bottom.

Fabric pots are awesome for this reason. I just water to my heart’s content and everything that would be too much drains out freely.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Still hard to flush all the excess nutrients out of the fabric. In my opinion

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X