How to stop thiefs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stop thiefs?

Anyone have any interesting ideas for alarm bells or something around your plants ? All I need to do is alert my dogs and they will bark them away .

I'm planning on having a few outside this year and the smell will drift. My neighbourhood is nice and safe and friendly so don't want anything that could hurt anyone !

Watch home alone saga

Comment

Comment

shoot the fucker with a FAL

Comment

Friendly neighbourhood or not you want on my property you need to be invited. Like really too common sense, I’m not going to put my plants on my front lawn no one walking by has any reason to get hurt but someone going through the backyard coincidently by your pot plants ??. I have 2 giant dogs. Post signs of beware dogs install camera and make them visible, put something on or near them that makes noise if disturbed,

Comment

They have sensors that alert you when a vehicle comes up your driveway. I imagine something like that would work. Check out the Alexa compatible security options. And there's always old fashioned trip lines and noise makers. Though the invisible driveway sensors would be less likely for them to just see and step over.

Comment

I have a sign on my fence. Dogs can make it to the fence in 5 seconds.

Comment

• desertdan
                desertdan commented
                Editing a comment
                Another sign says Trespassers not ate will be shot.

best way not to be ripped . have no one know you grow and dont open your mouth about em when in public but yeah fishing line and cat bells are a cheap option plus hard to see at night

Comment

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                I say switch to cowbell and always, MORE cowbell!

A couple of cheap motion sensors, with a chime or bell in the house, should be enough to set your dogs off...I have two motion cameras linked to my phone so the second the alert goes off so do the dogs and out they go to investigate. I have come to realize since installing cameras..they work pretty well as a deterrent. Crooks dont like to be filmed. I kind of like the shotgun shell blank on a trip wire but that would bring all kinds of unwanted attention lol
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Many years ago I had my entire crop of 4 plants torn out by the roots from my backyard. Back then growing was still illegal so I pretty much had no recourse even though I learned that it was done by the son of the family across the street from me. A week or two later I saw him and were having a front yard chat when I mentioned to him that someone had ripped me off. He reacted as if he was totally shocked that anyone would do such a heinous thing. I then confided to him that I was feeling really guilty about it. He asked me why I would feel guilty when I was the one who got ripped. I explained to him that it happened to me before so I had poured liquid mercury around the base of one sacrificial plant and anyone who smoked it would suffer irreparable hideous lung damage. Of course it was pure bullshit but the look on his face was almost worth losing my plants.

Comment

Conanwarrior When we would go on trips we would tie fishing string to our Harleys and run it in through the window of the hotel room and tie beer cans to the end. Someone even walked around the bikes we would know
                  TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                  s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                  .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                  TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                  2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                  TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                  3 gallon pots all autos
                  Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                  👇my one n only journal👇
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

What the sheriff said was "drop 'em"
                    My place is guarded by smith, wesson and 00 buck, no questions ask, if your here your guilty! The soil in the valley is soft and this crazy long hair has a nice sharp shovel.

Comment

• MeEasy
                      MeEasy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I keep a loaded shotgun next to my lazyboy probably like most people. The way I load it might be different, I keep bird shot in the chamber as a warning shot. If you are not listening to me after being peppered the rest are slugs. I learned this trick from a hunting guide as the way to deal with bears, and in my mind if it works for bears it should work on humans 😄

• Mazzariman
                      Mazzariman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're much too kind. They should dig their own hole, and then climb down in it. No trail of evidence. Put a plant there. Then its "Smoke em if you got em..."

Dog and a mossberg. Works great. Oh, don't forget the No Trespassing sign, to make it all legal.
                    2X4X6 Quictent
                    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                    600w LED (80)
                    1000w LED (180)
                    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                    6" battery/usb fans
                    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                    GH trio with Calimagic
                    Lung room humidifier
                    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                    Northern Lights auto
                    (Seedsman)
                    auto 00 Kush
                    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                    2x Northern lights auto
                    1 auto 00 Kush
                    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Keep a low profile don't advertise it
                      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                      indoor/outdoor grower
                      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hire a sniper

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X