Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    The scents Made for hooka tobacco are sold in smoke shops and can be sprayed on buds because theyre Made For smoking

• ChadWestport
    replied
    People do all kinds of things from spraying buds for flavor to bleaching dabs for a clear color, when profits are involved, mankind can get pretty shady.

There has been the argument of putting a flavoring in water and if that would work, but many scientific studies later, it doesn't work that way. So this stuff is all done post harvest, which also makes me wonder about growing ethics of the same people that would do these underhanded processes.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    I think I’ve gone nose blind to weed. Unless a strain has a strong diesel genetic, they all taste and smell the same. It’s only the diesels that i can really sense a distinct flavor.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    Just wait until you can make your own concentrates to use, for almost free. Will definitely save you money, even the first time after buying the supplies to do the extraction with.

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    They are 100% sprayed with terps and natural escenses

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Interesting topic. It’s really hard to tell what they may do to alter the profiles.

When I was in college I bought weed off the same guy and it always smelled/tasted like cat piss but it was always good shit so we didn’t mind. Went to the dudes house once and there were f’ng cats everywhere. Seriously, it was a disturbing amount of cats. So I’m on board with the buds taking on different profiles dependent on their surroundings

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    I have a sample of fruity pebbles terps, should put a few buds in a jar and test it out. I was buying concentrates and extracts to convert to oil for vaping, some need thinning, some don't, almost half price compared to buying dispo vape cartridges.

Leave a comment:

• buds73
    replied
    I bought some weed off a guy some years ago was supposed to be bubblegum but turned out to have been sprayed with what i think may have been a flavoured vape oil. smoked and tasted ok but you could tell something was not right. Maded my grinder stink of it to the point i binned it as couldn't get rid of the smell. But as Woodsman67 said you can buy flavoured terpenes to add like you would nutes during flowering, how well they work i don't know.

Leave a comment:

• crucialbunny
    replied
    I know a grower who sold to illicit dispensaries and he explained to me how he would put product in a cement mixer and spray various essence oils on it to achieve designer aromas. Back in the day I can remember getting weed that smelled like coffee because smugglers would hide it in coffee shipments because it supposedly covered the weed aroma.

Leave a comment:

• Woodsman67
    replied
    You can buy terpenes in a bottle. A few drops to large bag curing would no doubt add smells or even flavors. I recently bought from a dispensary and this exact thought hit my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    I think they can without a doubt. I’ve bought the perfume weed you talked about, I’ve bought off a couple farm boys (I grew up in a very rural area) that most of what they sold smelled like ammonia (we always figured they hid it around their big ammonia tanks on the farm), had others occasionally that had a different taste. All of those were unintentionally I can only imagine what they can do if they’re trying.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    In this age of half truths and deception I don't doubt that could be a possibility.
    Our food companies alter tastes, smells and color of foods to make us want to buy more of their products so why would the large cannabis producers be any different?
    Just another reason to grow your own food, cannabis etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    started a topic Smells and tastes, can we alter them?

Smells and tastes, can we alter them?

Ok folks, heres the deal. Everyone has there one likes and dislikes, I kewl with that to each their own. On with the tale, folks have been tossing me a few of their buds as I toss them a few of mine. Now I have buds here that came in a folgers can, they taste and smell like coffee. Another set of buds from someone else taste and smell like tobacco (some like this not me). Another made a mistake, has paranoia and yes takes meds for it, anyway they freaked out, pulled their plants and hid them from the thieves (that were not there). I ask about the plants, they told me the tale, and we found them in the fireplace (free standing wood stove) good thing it was not burning at the time. But the weed was horrible smelling and tasting, like smoking an ashtray. That one was last year, today I would try washing it. And even further back, I bought from a girl and the weed always tasted and smelled like perfume.
    Apparently it can and does easily take on smells and tastes from things around it.
    So now I have to wonder if the buds at the dispensaries are altered to taste and smell the way we want.
    What do all y'all think?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X