Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    LOL it was common to flush when the wrong person knocked at the door!

• Rwise
    replied
    I have a test going, I skinned an orange (it screamed the whole time) and dropped the zest in a pint jar 'bout half full of death bud 2 days ago. I have let it stand at room temp until this morning when it went into the fridge. The jar when open has a very strong orange smell, of course the peel is still in there. In a few days I'll remove the peel and dry the bud back out as it has picked up a little moisture from the zest.
    WTF is death bud, its small bud that was allowed to die on the plant standing in the sunshine/rain/etc. without care until it died from frost/shock, then when dry pick it.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    dphipps1020 For sure. My choices are pressing or making hash, right? I've read so much my mind gets boggled sometimes. I have plenty of small stuff to to make tincture or butter but I'd rather vape the nicer buds, for the most part. Thanks.

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    ewwwww! Thats funny, I wonder if someone flushed a seed.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Like the plant we found growing in an overflow at a sewage treatment plant, damn weed tasted like shit!

• ChadWestport
    replied
    certain fertilizers can definitely give flower a certain taste. Many say the same for hydro. But I'm not starting that argument, lol

Leave a comment:

• Sungazer
    replied
    The fact about the warning of placing some of the chemical smell removers on this site. I think goes to give evidence and experience that the smell and taste can be altered while growing. Something to stay away from IMO.

Leave a comment:

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    I can tell you, it doesn't. Good for Ph adjustment, but ineffective of influencing the taste of buds in any sort of lemon direction. If anything it may increase sugars, which may increase brix in leaf tissue.

• Rwise
    replied
    BR2K The zest added to the soil may be more influence (also may help prevent aphids) , or even in the jar while curing.

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise all I can remember about the perfume weed was it tasted terrible, we ended up tossing it and after one or two times from that dealer we found another.

• BR2K
    replied
    My one concession to attempting flavor influence, is lemon juice. I add it, instead of PH down, in the last half of flower. Does it work? The jury is still out.

I am extremely grateful, we're not at the mercy of dispensaries!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Xena I have to ask if that perfumed weed had the same side effect as what I bought did, it made the guys stand at attention. LOL

• Rwise
    replied
    I am glad we do not have to depend on these folks for our meds! I like some stinky bud, but I want it to be its own stench not a spray on.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    You have got to try some "Santa Marta Colombian Gold", very strong flavor tastes/smells like cat piss!

• treetop
    replied
    I've been reading about flavor/ scent enhancers used during flower. Some of them are fruity. GH makes a line. Now I'm doubting the terp profile in commercial grown I try. On the other hand, I know a grower who grows great stuff. It is just really mild flavor and scent wise. I think he needs some kind of finisher to increase these terp qualities. He's doing Fox Farm Soil trio. It could also be the strain is just like that.

I think spraying anything, including terp essence pre sale is shady. But I realize the market and expectations are changing. I would never accept it knowingly.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X